Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-27-2021, 08:43 AM   #1
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Camaro production will restart June 21

Just released by Automotive. News:

“Lansing Grand River in Michigan will restart production of the Chevy Camaro June 21. The plant has been down since May 10. Cadillac CT4 and CT5 production will remain down through the week of June 28, but limited production of 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will begin in early June.”

There was no information about the previously announced production changeover to 2022 Camaros in mid-July.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:22 AM   #2
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Anyone know when they are going to start taking orders again? Seems like a good time to trade up.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:24 PM   #3
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Anyone know when they are going to start taking orders again? Seems like a good time to trade up.

-Geoff

So there will still be stupid people buying a used SS for not much less for a new one if they go and order a new one. It would be dumb to buy a used SS right now when you could just order one and possibly have it later in July.

If you can't afford new you might wanna wait until August when new SS are coming out and dealers are trying to unload the used ones.

I do wonder if dealers will hesitate to fill their lots up with new Camaros until they get rid of the used ones.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:48 PM   #4
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Only to close it down again one to two weeks later, GM can't be bothered with this car.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:37 PM   #5
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
Only to close it down again one to two weeks later, GM can't be bothered with this car.

Well it's been that way for the last 3 years.

Even before Covid dealers would carry very very few V8 model Camaros. Even then they were not super easy to find the one you want.

Hell, remember back in the 90s some in GM wanted to nix the Corvette line?

I don't get how the 5th gen Camaro sold better it seems despite being slower than the Coyote Mustang. I bought the 5.0 Mustang because at the time it was the better performing car.

The 6th Gen Camaro is a HUGE upgrade, more premium, faster, and better yet it sells bad.

GM should have never killed the Camaro in 2002. A foolish move.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:54 PM   #6
50MileSmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
So there will still be stupid people buying a used SS for not much less for a new one if they go and order a new one. It would be dumb to buy a used SS right now when you could just order one and possibly have it later in July.

If you can't afford new you might wanna wait until August when new SS are coming out and dealers are trying to unload the used ones.

I do wonder if dealers will hesitate to fill their lots up with new Camaros until they get rid of the used ones.
I sure didn’t read his message like you did. I’d say he’s looking to trade up to a new one. A dealer will pay a premium for a good used Camaro now, which may not be true in a few months. I’d make the deal now and give the dealer the trade-in now, while its value is at its peak. Used Camaros sell fast, even at ridiculous prices.

“Unloading” new Camaros now is not a problem; there are only 217 SS V8s available in the whole country. The two large dealers near me sold all 10 of the Camaros they received on their last shipments in less than 2 days.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:15 PM   #7
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
I don't get how the 5th gen Camaro sold better it seems despite being slower than the Coyote Mustang. I bought the 5.0 Mustang because at the time it was the better performing car.
1. Pent up demand since Camaro was killed off
2. Retro styling was popular
3. Transformers movies...
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:17 PM   #8
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:

There are no new SS’s at any dealers here in NTX that I’ve seen. They’ve been out for months.
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:02 PM   #9
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK21SS View Post
There are no new SS’s at any dealers here in NTX that I’ve seen. They’ve been out for months.
I was looking to get new 2SS convertible and there are only 10 in the country right now according to GM's website. And most of them are "In Transit" meaning not built yet or just "Sold".

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:53 AM   #10
DooIt

Drives: 21 SS 1LE M6 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post

-Geoff
You can put an order in now if your dealer has an allocation coming up. It sounds like they are building the 21’s thru the 2nd week of September. There are also a 1000 or so cars already built at the factory just waiting for semi conductor chips.
DooIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:00 AM   #11
50MileSmile

The official startup date at the factory for the 2022s still shows 7/19/2021, but in the world we’re in, who knows if that will hold???
Old 06-23-2021, 06:04 AM   #12
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Unhappy

Now that we reached the production restart date (June 21th) I would like to know if prices for used camaros are back to reality, because now they are 5-10 K above previous real price, even paying new price Camaro for used Camaros, this situation is really crazy. I had to let go of my beloved Camaro and planning to get another 6th gen, but not willing to pay overprice for it.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:28 AM   #13
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
The first cars from LGR will just be hitting the staging lot. Transport to dealers is normally 2-8 weeks, likely quite a bit longer right now for having to refill all the in-transit queues. So dealers in TX might start to see cars delivered in August.

Don't expect any deals. But the good news is that new cars are still selling for sticker in most places, and of course some dealers will gouge the suckers with ADMs.

On the other hand, used cars are up 30% YOY, and used car prices will not be back to "reality" (pre covid?) for at least a year, likely 2 or more. Tried renting a car lately? You've got an entire industry of rental cars to restock after they crashed their inventories last year, and their accustomed high-volume high-discount supply is nonexistent.

The auto industry's covid19 hangover will be with us for some time. Get used to it.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:46 AM   #14
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
The first cars from LGR will just be hitting the staging lot. Transport to dealers is normally 2-8 weeks, likely quite a bit longer right now for having to refill all the in-transit queues. So dealers in TX might start to see cars delivered in August.

Don't expect any deals. But the good news is that new cars are still selling for sticker in most places, and of course some dealers will gouge the suckers with ADMs.

On the other hand, used cars are up 30% YOY, and used car prices will not be back to "reality" (pre covid?) for at least a year, likely 2 or more. Tried renting a car lately? You've got an entire industry of rental cars to restock after they crashed their inventories last year, and their accustomed high-volume high-discount supply is nonexistent.

The auto industry's covid19 hangover will be with us for some time. Get used to it.

pre-covid, i had the thought of trading out my Camaro for new one before the 6th gen ends, since a 7th gen seems unlikely as an ICE. Maybe thay opportunity is now? instead of 2023? Since used prices more than offset having to pay sticker.

Last edited by Hops; 06-23-2021 at 08:16 AM.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote