Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-17-2020, 08:44 AM   #1
imponte

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Doors unlock themselves !

Hi. I have a problem. When i locked the door, after several minutes or immediately doors unlock themselves. And keep unlocking themselves. I have a aftermarket radio with PAC kit and aftermarket speakers, subwoofer and amplifier. I was disconnected them, still has problem. Yesterday night i just disconnected the battery and today re-connect. Now i'm good, no problem. But it may occurs. What is the problem, bad BCM? or what.
And one thing more, today i pressed the unlock button and car act like 2 times unlock. Like confused. But there is no issues on keyfob. Because i removed the battery from keyfob, and still had.
imponte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
possibly unlock button on key fob/transmitter sticking or short within transmitter? or bcm could be malfunctioning?
Old 05-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #3
imponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrex View Post
possibly unlock button on key fob/transmitter sticking or short within transmitter? or bcm could be malfunctioning?
But i was removed battery from keyfob, and 1 minutes after still unlocking itself. So, i dont think it is keyfob. Door switch, sensor or BCM i think.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:09 AM   #4
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
What position are your windows in? If the windows aren’t all the way up, this can sometimes occur.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:23 AM   #5
imponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
What position are your windows in? If the windows aren’t all the way up, this can sometimes occur.
My window was fully closed, but i will recheck them.
After remove and re-connect the battery cable, it seems good now. I'll control the car every 1-2 hours.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #6
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I dad a similar issue, but mine would lock and also unlock themselves randomly. It wound up being a corroded and eventually broken ground wire in the driver side kick panel and door harness, at the hinge area. It eventually progressed into loss of window controls, driver door speaker and mirror control. It also caused issues with the door position sensor, which lets the car know if the door is open or closed and causes other issues, such as radio staying on after car is off, dome light staying on, and DIC message that your door is open.

But it all started with the locks. On mine it was caused by the sunroof drain backing up and getting water into that main harness and X500 connector in the door hinge area. I could reproduce the issue by using my hand to move and shake the harness and X500 connector that connects the harness to the door.

Your issue could be totally unrelated to mine, but I figured I would at least give you a place to start.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:31 AM   #7
imponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I dad a similar issue, but mine would lock and also unlock themselves randomly. It wound up being a corroded and eventually broken ground wire in the driver side kick panel and door harness, at the hinge area. It eventually progressed into loss of window controls, driver door speaker and mirror control. It also caused issues with the door position sensor, which lets the car know if the door is open or closed and causes other issues, such as radio staying on after car is off, dome light staying on, and DIC message that your door is open.

But it all started with the locks. On mine it was caused by the sunroof drain backing up and getting water into that main harness and X500 connector in the door hinge area. I could reproduce the issue by using my hand to move and shake the harness and X500 connector that connects the harness to the door.

Your issue could be totally unrelated to mine, but I figured I would at least give you a place to start.
I checked the ground wire. It seems okay. There is no issue now after battery reconnect. Im thinking the keyfob the issue. Because when i walking arounda the car, keyfob in my pocket, this issue has become. Maybe car thinking the keyfob is inside the car, then its unlock the car.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #8
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by imponte View Post
I checked the ground wire. It seems okay. There is no issue now after battery reconnect. Im thinking the keyfob the issue. Because when i walking arounda the car, keyfob in my pocket, this issue has become. Maybe car thinking the keyfob is inside the car, then its unlock the car.
As long as it's not doing it anymore then it should be ok. Hopefully you got it sorted out. I wouldn't wish my previous issue on anyone else.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #9
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Maybe unrelated, but here are sections in the operators manual in your glovebox that should tell how to program the locks for functions similar to this. For example, I have my locks programmed so I cant lock them with the door button, but have to use the fob to lock the car. This hopefully will prevent me from locking my keys in the car.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:30 PM   #10
imponte

So far so good. After reconnected the battery, it seems good, thank you all !