Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 02-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #533
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
1050's, E85, pulley, cat delete. At least.
Quote:
Also, the 500 blew something on the second run. I don't know if it was a rod or the tranny, but it sounded bad (hard to hear with all the talk, wind and bad audio).
Holy shit, yea definitely. No warranty at this point. And all on video. OUCH!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageWorx View Post
Either way These new 500s are making crazy power already its just a shame that where you will apparently see them most (not on a track but a drag strip surprise surprise) The Tremec DCT will forever hold this car back vs a Torque Converter trans regarding the 60ft in the 1/4 unless Shep trans starts building them (one of the top GTR and DSM trans dudes the GOAT) .... but from a roll these cars will be pretty sick so in the end it depends on what you do with your car and Have FUN.

-Jon
They're making crazy power but I don't think that is a good thing considering the issues they're having. It might be better for these shops to do moderate or milder tunes and let the engine survive.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #534
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Also, the 500 blew something on the second run. I don't know if it was a rod or the tranny, but it sounded bad (hard to hear with all the talk, wind and bad audio).
After watching the video it did sound bad. If that's the tranny then ouch...
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:19 PM   #535
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
After watching the video it did sound bad. If that's the tranny then ouch...
Wonder which would be a more expensive out of warranty repair, the Tremec DCT or the hand assembled Predator?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:07 PM   #536
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Wonder which would be a more expensive out of warranty repair, the Tremec DCT or the hand assembled Predator?
Good question. I honestly have no idea. I personally would rather have to rebuild an engine and build it how I want rather than try to order a new DCT.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:12 PM   #537
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I'd wait for a Houston or Austin flood and let her go..
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:22 PM   #538
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
minn19, seriously dude, knock it off. This ain't M6G. You and others came over here and started bickering and this thread is gonna get shut down because of you guys. We're trying to keep it on focus here and you're disrupting. He doesn't have to answer to you. He says he ran on a track. If he tells you which one, are you gonna go there and try to do it? What reason could you possibly have for wanting to know which track? Are you just busting his balls? Are you insinuating that he is lying? None of this matters. You were just over on the Mustang forums arguing and debating and going back and forth with them. Did they ban you or something? Is that why you're here now? Don't bring that nonsense here. It's over. Stop being nitpicky and petty. You argued with me over a term and now you're picking a fight with someone else over something else. Just let it go dude.
Blaq, why don’t you knock off your own crap for a change?
No I didn’t get banned and I own a ZLE so duh. If you want another enemy here keep it up.

What is with all of the CIA like secrecy? They talk a lot of shit on M6G, but at least most of them can back it up and say where they did what.

This thread almost got shutdown because of you and your continued nonsense. Get over yourself, this isn’t your forum and you are not a moderator.

Last edited by minn19; 02-07-2020 at 09:11 PM.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:05 PM   #539
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Ignore list grew by 1.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:38 AM   #540
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Demon vs GT500 the GT had a better MPH but lost to the Dodge will need to try that again

That was modified gt500, at one point the record holder at 9.7xx.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:39 AM   #541
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
E85 Tune pulley is what I caught but think there was a bit more as well
There's more lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:40 AM   #542
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

So with all those mods they're either blowing up or running 10.4. Or one 9.7. Sad really. These cars are really not performing well at all. Especially considering what people are paying for them. With those mods a CF would be over $100K. And to have engine failure or to still lose to a Demon when they were supposed to kill Demons bone stock is...what's the word I'm looking for...oh yea, "pathetic". LOL!!

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 02-08-2020 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:17 AM   #543
bradmo9
Banned

Drives: ford f150
Pretty sure nothing happen to the car other than clutch over heat that some of the GT500’s have been getting. He ran the ran after that pass. That’s been the only major flaw I’ve seen in them so far that would drive me crazy.

He has in car video of that pass on his youtube.
bradmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:35 AM   #544
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
And still no answer...........
Guessing that your continued attitude towards me shows that you did indeed mean to falsely accuse me of bad info with your use of quotes? Fact is, I don't take the use of 'legit' lightly, and would not have used it for 'mexico' stuff. I was talking about a legit racing organization, and the figures are from standing mile. To explain what the procedure is, you go from not moving to the distance, and the final 132' of the run are timed, then the average speed across those lights is your timed speed.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:24 AM   #545
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Guessing that your continued attitude towards me shows that you did indeed mean to falsely accuse me of bad info with your use of quotes? Fact is, I don't take the use of 'legit' lightly, and would not have used it for 'mexico' stuff. I was talking about a legit racing organization, and the figures are from standing mile. To explain what the procedure is, you go from not moving to the distance, and the final 132' of the run are timed, then the average speed across those lights is your timed speed.
Thank you, why was that so hard? No attitude, I was also legit curious as to how/where you did this.

But, back to the conversation, these speeds are not attainable on what most of us consider what a road course is.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:44 AM   #546
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So with all those mods they're either blowing up or running 10.4. Or one 9.7. Sad really. These cars are really not performing well at all. Especially considering what people are paying for them. With those mods a CF would be over $100K. And to have engine failure or to still lose to a Demon when they were supposed to kill Demons bone stock is...what's the word I'm looking for...oh yea, "pathetic". LOL!!
One of them recently hit 9.5.. idk what mods it had on top of the orange 9.7 car or if they finally unlocked the tcm.