Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZorro View Post
My 2020 ZL1 1le A10, shadow gray, data recorder, NAV... Dealer states these are all allocated units and dealers get so many opportunities to order and it's based on prior sales of these units and that I was fortunate to be able to secure one ... wondering how much of this is BS...?
When you say allocated units are you talking about the car itself or all the things you listed. Sometimes there are "constraints" on items such as data recorder or different options.

For the car itself Dealers receive a certain # of allocations for a ZL1 1LE they can order against. If they say it's allocated then they should be able to place your order in the system and give you the order number (a short combination of letters and numbers). If they don't have an allocation you're probably in for a long wait until they get one. The prior sales and your being fortunate is complete BS though that can hold up an order but there should be none on the ZL1 right now except for the UAW strike delays.

Get your order number and go to BeckyD's thread and she will track it for you. Better yet... just order from Becky and you will have zero BS. She delivers right to your city.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #16
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
With the GT500.... did you search on a mustang forum like svtperformance? They still post dealerdhip names that will sell cars at or even below MSRP.

You know you don't have to buy locally for the GT500 or ZL1 1LE. Yes dealers are going to put a premium on cars. They always have and always will. Not every dealer will but they know people will overpay just to have the first of something. But with this day and age, I do not see why people don't just search the internet and find the other dealers that will sell at or below MSRP just blows my mind.

But hey, if you're dumb enough and have that much money burning a hole in your pocket. Then go ahead and pay that extra money. I never will because screw those dealers and truly wish they could not do that.
I’ve seen a few get an MSRP deal, but i haven’t seen anyone get a 500 under MSRP yet. Can you point me to the thread?!
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #17
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZorro View Post
My 2020 ZL1 1le A10, shadow gray, data recorder, NAV... Dealer states these are all allocated units and dealers get so many opportunities to order and it's based on prior sales of these units and that I was fortunate to be able to secure one ... wondering how much of this is BS...?

This is the kind of horse hockey that Ford is currently pulling with the GT500's - scum bag, thieving, lying, BS artist, Pirate, cheating, ignorant, arrogant, asshole, Dealers an addendum of over +$20,000.00 for the opportunity to order a F'ing car. These asswipes have been given a license to steal from Ford they are sanctioned Pirate's...!!!
You can probably buy a Kia Sorento at MSRP.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #18
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE HPB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
It sucks yes. But the dealers do need an allocation for these higher end cars. When I went in to order mine my dealer sales lady and manager didn’t know about a 1LE ZL1. Turned out they were able to get an allocation for a ZL1 and another allocation for a ZL1 1LE. I ordered the 1LE.
My sales manager and sales lady gave me 2000 dollars off without me even having to ask. I figured for sure it would be a full msrp purchase but I was obviously pleasantly surprised.
The ZL1 up here is rare. More so if you have a ZLE. So I was pretty lucky to get one first try with the dealer I dealt with.
That's cool you were able to get $2K off of a 1LE!

Here, you can get that much of a regular ZL1 but 1LE are still commanding a markup.
Boosted_ST is offline   Reply With Quote