Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-01-2019, 09:19 AM   #29
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanthios View Post
I did not go to Berglund. I won't directly identify the dealership in my area (Christiansburg, VA) that's responsible for the damage in case of any legal repercussions. I just know that I didn't go to Berglund as it was too far away.
That's good to know. I'm close to getting my first "free" oil change and would not want to go through what you did.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #30
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
When I took mine in for the free oil changes, I just cringed. Against their instructions..I stood in the service bay area and instructed the service manager, and the tech on exactly how to lift these cars. Then I watched them every second it was there.

Crap happens...if you dont watch them. With most of them the work they do, its how fast can they get it done. This the third dealer I have been to, and not one of them had any clue on how to properly lift these GEN6 cars.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:15 PM   #31
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
That is terrible, if that happened to my ZL1, I would never feel the same about it. I hope it all turns out for the better for the OP. I had discount tire install new tires on a 13 2SS 1LE. Asked to make sure the wheel tech not scratch the inside rim while prying up the wheel weight, it was also on the Repair Order. Ate some wings, drank a few brews and returned to find scratches exactly where the weights were. Luckily it was leased so not so bad. My ZL1 goes to the Chevy dealer who sells high volume ZL1 and Vettes.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #32
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
OP - a member posted this in December 2016 after having a similar experience. This might help you show how the dealer damaged your ride.

There is no real excuse for that period. Anyone with a brain watches when you use a lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
Still amazing that Chevy dealers have employees who never lifted a gen 6 Camaro.

You realize most dealers barely even stock Camaros right? They get in the way of trucks and crossovers. You always watch for pad contact and interference on lifts. The arms can move during first contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
I blame gm for not building in jack pads. It’s asinine

This would help immensely, but it's not just a GM thing. Quite a few manufacturers have this issue. 98% of engineers are so stupid they build a world class chassis then turn everyone off with a stupid high belt line...... To use as an analogy

To the original poster, sorry bro. I know this has to suck and I would be furious. The good news is, you have them by the balls period. So follow thru with what you need to do.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:08 PM   #33
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
GM will back you up on this if the dealership doesn't make it right really fast. The lowbies at the shop may not see the importance of good customer service but I guarantee the people at corporate do.

Honestly there seems to be a high percentage of fast food level employees at dealerships. They aren't passionate about cars or their jobs.
I'm still waiting for GM to replace the cracked all to hell chinese plastic dash on my '11 Silverado and my buddy is waitng for them to replace the cracked all to hell chinese plastic dash on his '07 Silverado. GM could give two shits about keeping future buyers.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #34
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
I'm still waiting for GM to replace the cracked all to hell chinese plastic dash on my '11 Silverado and my buddy is waitng for them to replace the cracked all to hell chinese plastic dash on his '07 Silverado. GM could give two shits about keeping future buyers.
Along with you and your buddy and thousands of other owners, my 2011 cracked around the 3 year mark by the airbag. Dealer told me they had never seen this and put the blame on me. I left the dealership but came back later after hrs because at the time they had like 8 or so 2007-2013 Silverados not to mention the Tahoe's and suburbans as well sitting on the lot. Just on the Silverado's alone, all but 1 or 2 had cracked dashboards. So I called them up the next day and brought this to their attention and of course they still denied being aware of all the cracked dashboards sitting no more than 100ft from the building. All they offered was 10% off the cost of a new dashboard and labor which came to like $1000.00 if I recall.

I declined having my dash removed and so far it hasn't gotten any worse but still pisses me off every time I see it. During the summer it lays more flat and not as noticable but during the colder months it lifts a bit. Btw are you aware of the gm cracked dashboard Facebook page?
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Along with you and your buddy and thousands of other owners, my 2011 cracked around the 3 year mark by the airbag. Dealer told me they had never seen this and put the blame on me. I left the dealership but came back later after hrs because at the time they had like 8 or so 2007-2013 Silverados not to mention the Tahoe's and suburbans as well sitting on the lot. Just on the Silverado's alone, all but 1 or 2 had cracked dashboards. So I called them up the next day and brought this to their attention and of course they still denied being aware of all the cracked dashboards sitting no more than 100ft from the building. All they offered was 10% off the cost of a new dashboard and labor which came to like $1000.00 if I recall.

I declined having my dash removed and so far it hasn't gotten any worse but still pisses me off every time I see it. During the summer it lays more flat and not as noticable but during the colder months it lifts a bit. Btw are you aware of the gm cracked dashboard Facebook page?
Interesting... I was told the other day my 2010 Tahoe was rare because the dash wasn't cracked.
It's always been garaged and only has about 65k miles on it though.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:56 PM   #36
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
They hosed me on my 05 Silverado too....

I thought it was just because it was Government Motors and they had no money at the time.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:22 AM   #37
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
What did GM tell you?
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #38
Lanzz

Drives: 2019 MB E450, 2019 Miata RF
Amazing that this is still an issue - this same thing happened twice to my 2000 Camaro SS at different Chevy dealers. Given that it was almost 20 years ago - how how how can service techs not know how to lift a Camaro?
Lanzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:35 AM   #39
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
What dealer is it name and address
Old 09-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #40
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzz View Post
Amazing that this is still an issue - this same thing happened twice to my 2000 Camaro SS at different Chevy dealers. Given that it was almost 20 years ago - how how how can service techs not know how to lift a Camaro?
I agree, to me this is just a basic competence issue, that no mechanic should ever fail, and should cost them their job if they do make an expensive and embarrassing screw up like that.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #41
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
What did GM tell you?
They offered a discount on the replacement but still used the same dash. no improvements.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #42
5senna5

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldp View Post
It is absurd that this damage can happen if a car is jacked up incorrectly, but it's a fact that it can.

It is not at all surprising that a dealership could and did damage your car. All a dealership is, is a $150.00/service hr. money making machine that hires low level, untrained, uneducated, careless employees that have no scruples or character within their non-empathetic minds when it comes to your property that was purchased with your hard earned money.

This is a prime example as to why my 30 month old 2017 ZL1 has NEVER been to a dealership. When I needed new tires, I directed the Discount Tire employee exactly how to jack up the car. He said, don't worry, we know.....

I feel for your pain - learn a lesson from this and educate yourself as much as possible so you know all there is to know about your car and the design flaws that go with it. This is an unacceptable design characteristic in my opinion.
Easy there buddy... I’ve worked at dealerships (Mercedes, Porsche, and Lexus) for 23 years. To say that dealer techs are the bottom of the barrel is patently wrong. They are the best paid in the automotive repair industry and can make between $80-150k. To think all we do is hire low level slobs with no talent is beyond hilarious. The well paying jobs are highly sought after and with a few exceptions, all of the techs I’ve ever worked with are consummate professionals. The dealerships are the only ones in the industry that are held to a customer service standard and have to operate accordingly. He got a bad tech on a bad day that didn’t confess he was lazy when he racked the car and damaged it badly. To think this is common is wrong, he doesn’t represent the vast majority of deraliship experiences. It’ll get fixed, it’s a car... If this is the worst thing that happened to him last week, then he’s doing just fine.
5senna5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, dealership, mechanic, negligence, sad