Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
Avrotholz

Drives: 2015 camaro SS 1LE
Want some opinions

Does this look like bad wheel alignment to you guys? I know it’s hard to tell from photos.
Attached Images

Avrotholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
Could be many things, underinflation or lots of hard cornering. Hold a framing square up to it against the ground like an "L" shape and see if there is positive camber. Keep in mind that the tire will bulge slightly where it is on the ground so even if it looks like there is no camber, there is probably some slightly positive camber.

Also, compare the tread depth at the center of the tire and the inside edge. If the center looks good and the inside edge is worn, then you are probably underinflated. If the center tread and the inside edge are both good, then you might have too much positive camber. It can also mean that you might have some worn suspension components like shocks or ball joints.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:10 PM   #3
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Rub the palm of your hand from the outside of the tire to the inside; then rub from the inside to the outside. If there is a difference in the feel of the edges of the blocks of tread rubber (sharper edge on direction than the other), then you have a potential alignment issue.

Shortly after buying our Camaro new, I purchased a Firestone lifetime alignment for it. When I rotate tires, I take it to Firestone for an alignment.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:10 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You appear to have some low rated for wear tires and yes they will wear out more on the outside edge. Here read a review.....I myself use toyo proxes 4+ because I like to not change tires every year..or two....

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...SportContact+5