Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
terri_Lovehands

Drives: 2016 1LT RS NPP
Car shipper recommendations?

I just graduated college and got a job in seattle that requires me to move there from FL, I want to take my Camaro with me but I'm having trouble finding a car shipper to go with.

I've looked on the forums for recommendations already and have contacted a few but have different experiences so far with each, I'm just trying to find a reputable car shipper that I can rely on to get to my destination on time. I'm just hoping to get the car before the 4th of June.

- I wanted to go with Intercity but they don't go that route.

- Montway quoted me a quote that seemed too good to be true and after doing a further investigation lead me to less than stellar reviews.

- Plycar quoted me $2,650 which is less than a dollar a mile, but same deal as montway.

- I contacted exotic car transporters about two weeks in advance for a quote but I didn't have a solid date at the time and they kept pestering me on the phone over and over again to the point where it left a bad enough impression that I said no.

So I was wondering what shippers have you guys gone with and which you would recommend or have good experiences with.
terri_Lovehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #2
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I've used Reliable twice and had a good experience both times. Good luck getting them to tell you a guaranteed delivery date though. It all depends on how often they travel your route.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Hi I used this company to ship cars twice from il to fl and my new one from the dealer to me in Florida.
Fred is the guy Ive dealt with both times
Advantage Auto Transport (954) 254-0704
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
F419sr1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by terri_Lovehands View Post
I just graduated college and got a job in seattle that requires me to move there from FL, I want to take my Camaro with me but I'm having trouble finding a car shipper to go with.

I've looked on the forums for recommendations already and have contacted a few but have different experiences so far with each, I'm just trying to find a reputable car shipper that I can rely on to get to my destination on time. I'm just hoping to get the car before the 4th of June.

- I wanted to go with Intercity but they don't go that route.

- Montway quoted me a quote that seemed too good to be true and after doing a further investigation lead me to less than stellar reviews.

- Plycar quoted me $2,650 which is less than a dollar a mile, but same deal as montway.

- I contacted exotic car transporters about two weeks in advance for a quote but I didn't have a solid date at the time and they kept pestering me on the phone over and over again to the point where it left a bad enough impression that I said no.

So I was wondering what shippers have you guys gone with and which you would recommend or have good experiences with.
Most of your cheaper quotes are put out and if a truck is going by and need to fill the space you will get a spot. There are no guarantees that you will get your car when they tell you. Took three weeks to pick up a car for me in Arizona to New Jersey. I was told they would pick it up in a couple days. Then moving my camaro from Florida to NJ took two weeks. When I called and told them I’ll get a new carrier they pick it up two days later. Reliable horseless carriage or any of the specialty carriers are your best bet for reliable delivery dates but you pay for the service
Old 05-20-2019, 05:38 PM   #5
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
I recently moved from IL. To AZ. I used Unlimited Car Carrier and they were polite, on time, no surprises. I had mine shipped enclosed which is pricier, but they have other options available too
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2019, 07:47 PM   #6
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Consider what happens if an accident occurs.

I had my new 13 ZL1 delivered by Reliable. A one inch scratch in the right rear quarter panel was found by the driver when it arrived. I wasn’t even there because I was traveling.

I got an estimate to remove all trim, repaint the panel in a way that left no mask lines and replace all fasteners so nothing rattled. Over $2,000 to fix a one inch scratch. Reliable cut a check the same day with no questions asked.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:13 PM   #7
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
Plycar. Used them several times without an incident. Great service!
breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:12 AM   #8
Frisbey

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Nightfall Grey
Becky shipped my ZL1 from Detroit to North of Seattle using reliable,
You pay a bit more for enclosed carrier, but am 100% happy with them.

Any shipping in the future will be with them.
Attached Images

2000 - 02/06/18 | 4300 - 02/20/18 Built
3000 - 02/07/18 | 5000 - 03/08/18 At Dealer
3100 - 02/09/18 | Delivered
Frisbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:38 AM   #9
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
I recommend driving it.

As for shipping companies, I can't say enough good about Reliable. Great service and experience.
WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:45 AM   #10
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Any reason you cannot drive it there yourself?

I mean you have some of the greatest driving opportunities known to man in front of you. Yellowstone is open. Four or five days ought to do it!
Old 05-22-2019, 07:46 AM   #11
F419sr1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
If you choose to drive it. Protect the paint before you do. I chose to drive mine home from Florida and didn’t want to wait a extra day to wrap it. Sorry I didn’t wait. It was a fun ride home
Old 05-22-2019, 07:53 AM   #12
cohete_camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss Red Line Edition
I work for one for one of the top companies in the industry. I actually handle most of the Penske, Hendrick, Group1, and Autonation dealerships across the country. Feel free to shoot me an email at Pete@ritewayautotransport.com. Reliable and Plycar severly overcharge. The other companies you guys mentioned are simply brokers.... hope thsi info helps.
cohete_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #13
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohete_camaro View Post
I work for one for one of the top companies in the industry. I actually handle most of the Penske, Hendrick, Group1, and Autonation dealerships across the country. Feel free to shoot me an email at Pete@ritewayautotransport.com. Reliable and Plycar severly overcharge. The other companies you guys mentioned are simply brokers.... hope thsi info helps.
Well, the OP asked for suggestions.....obviously most responses have been positive for Reliable and the “Brokers” you mention so what makes your company that much better? Cheaper doesn’t alway mean better.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #14
zag

Drives: 2018 camaro 2 ss
I used Montway to ship my vette enclosed to ILL. No problems and shipped on time. I was very pleased.
zag is offline   Reply With Quote