Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-09-2019, 08:11 PM   #253
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr98 View Post
it was easy to convince my wife , she got a z06 last year so I got mine 6 months later with no problem , the issue was when I pulled the motor out a couple days after I got it to do mods , that is what she was less than impressed about . lol
LOL! Nice!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:14 PM   #254
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
If it fits your budget and you don't have to make your family sacrifice something they like for this car, then why not?

I see it from the perspective of being able to maintain your lifestyle, being able to dine out when desired, able to go on vacation, being able to save money, etc.
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:10 PM   #255
Dyesuperman

Drives: 93 RX7, 94 RX&
My wife told me to buy it so I’d stop buying a different car every year or two ��*♂️ In a 3 year period I went from an evo, to a Golf R, then CTS-V, then F150 Platinum, and now the 18 ZL1. That’s not including the second project car (FD RX-7) I bought last year and the 94 civic, 04 grand Cherokee, and 91 BMW 325i I used as beaters during that same period... She says I have to keep the ZL1 forever lol
Dyesuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #256
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyesuperman View Post
My wife told me to buy it so I’d stop buying a different car every year or two ��*♂️ In a 3 year period I went from an evo, to a Golf R, then CTS-V, then F150 Platinum, and now the 18 ZL1. That’s not including the second project car (FD RX-7) I bought last year and the 94 civic, 04 grand Cherokee, and 91 BMW 325i I used as beaters during that same period... She says I have to keep the ZL1 forever lol
Good lord man! Lol! I’ve only gone from a 2013 camaro to a 2017 and then to a 2019 challenger lol.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:48 PM   #257
BigumZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
ITS HERE! Awesome. This car is BA.
She’s a beauty! Now get that thing lowered! Seriously, it was the best mod I did to my scat pack. They ride way too high from the factory and with about a 1 inch drop the looks go to the next level. Also, do you have at least 275s on the back? Congratulations!
BigumZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:59 PM   #258
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigumZL1 View Post
She’s a beauty! Now get that thing lowered! Seriously, it was the best mod I did to my scat pack. They ride way too high from the factory and with about a 1 inch drop the looks go to the next level. Also, do you have at least 275s on the back? Congratulations!
Thanks! What year is your scat?? They do look good lowered, maybe in a bit I will do that. First on my list is ceramic coating and an Xpel clear bra. Was going to go with Stek dynoshield but they quoted be $1895 for a partial front end and that’s straight up ridiculous. Stock tires are 245/45/20’s, I had to go look. They aren’t ‘that’ skinny.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:33 PM   #259
camareoZ

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE (Black)
I slowly started watching ZL1 1LE track videos until she asked why. Then I told her I bought one. She was ok with it at first. She’s not thrilled I’ve been through 3 sets of tires in a year, or that I bought another set of wheels for tracking.....in the end it’s still cheaper than her vehicle.
camareoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:23 AM   #260
BigumZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Summit White
Quote:
Thanks! What year is your scat?? They do look good lowered, maybe in a bit I will do that. First on my list is ceramic coating and an Xpel clear bra. Was going to go with Stek dynoshield but they quoted be $1895 for a partial front end and that’s straight up ridiculous. Stock tires are 245/45/20’s, I had to go look. They aren’t ‘that’ skinny.
Put some 275s on the back... that’ll still fit the stock rim. 245 is way too skinny. 275 is as well, but the 245s are a joke. Seriously, just spend a few minutes smoking your stock back tires and then swap them. If you look on Challenger forums, you’ll see just how common this “mod” is.

Mine was a 2016 scat pack shaker.

I did H&R springs... what a difference! Ride didn’t change negatively, just looked better and helped tame the 4,500 pounds in turning.

You’ll love her!
Attached Images

BigumZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:46 AM   #261
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
My wife told me to get it. If someones spouse needs convincing in order to make their better half happy I dont know what to say. My wife said we can sell some of the cars after shes dead. Thats why we have 7 now. Lol.
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #262
semif18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
I have never asked or had to convince my wife on a major purchase, I have purchased a home, nice vehicles, and paid them all off, a loving wife who knows her husband will not jeopardize the family and I take her thoughts into consideration, but If it was up to most ladys, we would not have motorcycles, classic cars, or any other Hobbes. I'm buying a ZLE myself this fall or at the latest this time next year due to this March % of MSRP, and it might see a track or two, but the majority of the rides will be on smooth black top back roads.
You have an awesome wife!
semif18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #263
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroaddemons View Post
My wife told me to get it. If someones spouse needs convincing in order to make their better half happy I dont know what to say. My wife said we can sell some of the cars after shes dead. Thats why we have 7 now. Lol.
It was less about convincing her that it would make me happy and more about how do I tell my wife I want to buy a 70K car. It’s a lot of money to me, to others it apparently isn’t lol. I’m on the poor on the spectrum on camaro6 it seems.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:22 PM   #264
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigumZL1 View Post
Put some 275s on the back... that’ll still fit the stock rim. 245 is way too skinny. 275 is as well, but the 245s are a joke. Seriously, just spend a few minutes smoking your stock back tires and then swap them. If you look on Challenger forums, you’ll see just how common this “mod” is.

Mine was a 2016 scat pack shaker.

I did H&R springs... what a difference! Ride didn’t change negatively, just looked better and helped tame the 4,500 pounds in turning.

You’ll love her!
They’re fairly wide but I’ve had V6’s before this so these tires seem normal lol. I’ll use em and when I need to switch I’ll run with 275’s. It’s a fun cruiser for me honestly, I’m still under 500 miles (hell im only at 115) but I’m honestly a bit scared to even try out the line lock and launch control features. I’ve never had this much power so it’s a huge adjustment period for me right now haha. I’ll check into the springs, thanks!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:14 AM   #265
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Couple of questions out of curiosity...

How did you convince your wife to let you buy a 70k race car?

Is a ZL1 overkill for someone who would drive it MAYBE once a week? This is a car that I would plan to keep for a very long time. I'm not poor by any means but unlike some of you here I can't buy a new 70k car every 2 years lol.

I won't mod it at all, just drive it. ZL 1LE would be a huge waste of money, yes?

For those who don't mod it or track it, was it worth it to you?

I just love ZL1's and it's always been my dream for 7 years now, i'm 33 now. I have a company vehicle so it just seems theres no better time than now to just garage a beautiful sports car. thoughts?
Just tell her you want one. Mine couldn't wait till I bought it. No way is it a waste of money. I bought a ZLE and will probably never track it. Just some spirited driving around town. In my opinion it just looks a whole lot better and drives like a proper muscle car should.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #266
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
I'm lucky that I don't have a wife to convince....or maybe I'm not lucky. I just have to convince myself. No ZLE for me though, the front end and wing aren't as attractive. (Nor is the added price...)
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote