#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #15
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
I was thinking I could still track it and take it easy. I dont see what it would hurt if I kept the rpms below 4k and stayed under 80mph. That should be doable at Putnam Park.

Red Hot is a nice color. Wasnt an option for me this go around.
Take it easy!! Yeah right. That's going to happen. I couldn't take it easy, by accident of course, in the first few days. But it does make sense that it would be ok if you kept it under. But the concern would be long stretches of non stop running.

Personally, I would not and just run the miles up fast, get the oil and diff changed, brake fluid and then go have a REAL good time.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:07 AM   #16
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
The club was nice enough to push me back to Octover 20th. I should be ready by then or close enough.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:28 PM   #17
SpeedLimit

Drives: 2019 F150
I have to ask, lots of zl1le cars being traded back to dealers. I haven't been lucky enough to have been in as ZL1LE. But from what I can gather on camaro6, commuting around in a ZLE on public roads isn't for the faint of heart. Most ppl complain the suspensions way way too stiff. OK it's a performance car, that's implied.

My quesiton: Is the suspension really that much more unforgiving then a SS 1LE or are the ppl complaining just a bunch of driving pansies?
SpeedLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:20 PM   #18
Pollock
LT4 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit View Post
I have to ask, lots of zl1le cars being traded back to dealers. I haven't been lucky enough to have been in as ZL1LE. But from what I can gather on camaro6, commuting around in a ZLE on public roads isn't for the faint of heart. Most ppl complain the suspensions way way too stiff. OK it's a performance car, that's implied.

My quesiton: Is the suspension really that much more unforgiving then a SS 1LE or are the ppl complaining just a bunch of driving pansies?
Well it's basically track mode all the time with more bounce on the recoil side. So take that for what it's worth. I would not want it as a daily driver if I had to travel a lot. It's fine for short 1hr commutes. Depends on your age and comfort level.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #19
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
The ride is definitely stiffer than most cars and there is no way to make it softer. THAT is the reason why people might be trading back their 1le. I can't possible think of any other reason.

the car's looks and performance are killer. I would not want to have it as my only car. the stiffness would get annoying after a while.

if you have something else to drive around in on the days you don't feel like dodging every single bump on the road then you'll be fine.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:49 AM   #20
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:

It’s all subjective. I drove 35k in my 15 Z/28, 13K so far in the ZL1 1LE. It’s all good. My wife drives it at all too.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #21
Pollock
LT4 M6

I cant wait till I get this thing broke in and on the track. It handles so much better than my 1SS 1LE. The car is amazing.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #22
ARS1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE - Hyper Blue
I drove my 1LE on the interstate once Got caught in traffic and by the time I got home everything from my neck down hurt... But I also had 2 discs replaced a year ago so mostly my fault. But she is tough on ya especially if your roads aren't the greatest. We have a bridge here that you might not want to cross with blown out shocks!!! Anyone who's driven the Bayside knows what I mean That one in particular really sucks in the 1LE but I didn't buy the car for comfort or as a DD. I could never daily a 1LE so props to anyone that does.
'18 Jeep JL Rubicon - Blue - Wife's Ride
'17 F250 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ult. Shadow Black -Kelderman 6"-8" Air Lift -Big Truck
ARS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #23
Fast Dalmation

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
I have my car parked in VA with my race team, so if you want to swing by and get a ride just PM me. I will be at Summit Point next month, and VIR in the fall.

I do not see many ZL1's on the road and never saw a ZL1 1LE in the wild.

Quote:

Fast Dalmation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:40 PM   #24
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARS1 View Post
Anyone who's driven the Bayside ...

At the right speed you can probably catch some air!

start at the 1 min mark. https://youtu.be/NaR0zN0_lFE
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:13 PM   #25
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
Here is the 2018 GM track info which includes the ZL1 1LE:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2018-track-preparation-guide (1).pdf (224.7 KB, 88 views)
breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:49 PM   #26
Apexslayer

Drives: Zl1 1le
read the track-preparation-guide before you track it - it is pretty clear on steps you should take before tracking
Apexslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:52 PM   #27
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
I cant wait till I get this thing broke in and on the track. It handles so much better than my 1SS 1LE. The car is amazing.
What year was your SS 1LE?

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:49 AM   #28
Repman

Drives: 18 Black ZL1-1LE
Quote:

Coming out of a regular 17 ZL1 into a 18 ZLE I can say that it is definitely a tradeoff in road civility for the track goodness. I could not see it as a daily driver for myself. Everyone always comments on the ride quality which can be an issue on the road but an even bigger issue for me is the NVH is at a high level because of all of the hard mounts .There is a "buzzing"of interior parts that I did not have in my regular ZL1 I can see that over time the rattles and squeaks will become more prevalent over the mag ride versions. Not a deal breaker for me having had a track C5 with all hard mounts. This car is really purpose built for what it does best and comfort on the street is not high on its priority list. Just my 2 cents
Repman is offline   Reply With Quote