Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-13-2018, 09:38 AM   #1933
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post
You forgot the Bolt and the Volt. Oh, and I believe the vans are still out there (Express and the Nissan rebadge, City Express?).
Thanks. I was pretty sure I was missing some.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #1934
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
It's ulterior. No such word as alterior. The auto correct was not so dumb in this case.
Crap! Yes, you are correct. Ulterior. Why does my phone not recognize that. Lol
Old 05-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #1935
AN0NYM0US

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Just about no one has seen it in person as of yet.

Now I can only speak for myself, but among the things that I think were improvement over the 5th Gen was that the 6th Gen had a much sleeker appearance. Blacking out the bumper cover and putting the emblem, flow tie or not, in the middle of it, took that sleek look away. I know that the actual dimensions are probably unchanged, but it the from looks bigger and less aerodynamic. I understand that there is some more airflow with this front end, but I think they could've achieved that and kept the sleeker feel.

The protruding taillights look bug eyed to me and are completely non cohesive to the rest of the car.
I’ve seen it in person, it looks better in person than all the pictures you’ve seen on the internet, I think it just needs to grow on ppl...
Attached Images

AN0NYM0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:16 AM   #1936
AN0NYM0US

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I've said it before, Chevy's marketing/advertising is horrible and that is to blame for poor sales.
The Camaro is the best car in it's class according to all the reviews, yet has the lowest sales because no one even knows they still make a Camaro.

They really need to $#!t can the whole "real people" campaign and try something original. The real people may have been good for one or two commercials but we've seen a dozen or more of these lame commercials over the past several years.
There's even a youtube channel dedicated to mocking the stupid commercials.

Dodge seems to make awesome commercials in comparison, the average person probably knows all of Dodges lineup.
Come on Chevy, wake up.
LOL I HATEEEEE THOSE CHEVY COMMERCIALS

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xTfS0nAgfuE
AN0NYM0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #1937
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #1938
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
I’ve seen it in person, it looks better in person than all the pictures you’ve seen on the internet, I think it just needs to grow on ppl...
IMO it misses half the bumper. Too much black there, looks busy, not sleek.
What they can do at least is to let you opt for a body color bumper. Even with that, those cheeks look horrible. Can't fix that with paint.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #1939
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Chris,
In gray it looks so awesome. This gray in real
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #1940
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Yep i love that pic!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #1941
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
It's good that you didn't buy one then

Edit: what's with the frown angry face in the title? Didn't type that and can't edit it out now.

Let me tell you, some of the non-hotties out there make up for it many times over when it counts, if you know what I mean

C'est la vie
Haha i know exactly what ya mean
Old 05-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #1942
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I've said it before, Chevy's marketing/advertising is horrible and that is to blame for poor sales.
The Camaro is the best car in it's class according to all the reviews, yet has the lowest sales because no one even knows they still make a Camaro.

They really need to $#!t can the whole "real people" campaign and try something original. The real people may have been good for one or two commercials but we've seen a dozen or more of these lame commercials over the past several years.
There's even a youtube channel dedicated to mocking the stupid commercials.

Dodge seems to make awesome commercials in comparison, the average person probably knows all of Dodges lineup.
Come on Chevy, wake up.
There is no such thing as bad advertising as long as it keeps peeps talking about a brand. Thats how brand recognition strategies work. And GM has been masterful at it thru their "real people" ads. And the fact there are channels dedicated to it is music to their ears! All those peeps with their channels are like free advertising agencies for GM. Like i said: there is no such thing as bad advertising...

Before we discount something as ineffective it is always a good idea to check some real life results. In this case GM sales and market growth numbers. Hint: Chevy has been the fastest growing brand for many quarters now. But not only as for example GMC has had the best April ever in thier history. Buick has been very strong too. Etc.

Camaro sales results have little to do with advertising. And spending money promoting a small niche car vs a brand would make zero sense financially unless it was to promote a NEW halo car or a specific discount campaign. But everyone know what a Vette is and the latter are usually cross brand vs a specific model related anyway.

Regardless, 21st century advertising is not about TV but blogs and targeted social media ads. And there are plenty of those talking about Camaro. And thats HOW and WHY I bought mine btw. I dont know about the rest of ya but i havent watched a tv commercial in several yrs now. Thank you PVR!
Old 05-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #1943
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I think the Chevy ads stink. But like most of not all folks here, I didn't need the ad. The car sold itself to me.

Chevy needs those ads to sell to non enthusiasts, not us.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:37 AM   #1944
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
LOL it's much easier to know Dodge's lineup

Journey
Durango
Charger
Challenger

That's it.

Chevy

Spark
Sonic
Cruise
Camaro
Corvette
Malibu
Impala
Traxx
Equinox
Traverse
Colorado
Silverado
Tahoe
Suburban

EDIT:

Volt
Bolt
Express
City Express (may be no longer available.)
MD Commercial LCF and upcoming Silverado MD Cab Chassis
Dodge also makes a Grand Caravan not that it makes any difference in your point.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:39 AM   #1945
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Agreed. +1

Just black out that bowtie and i think it looks great. Really want to see the 1LE though.

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:19 AM   #1946
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
Agreed. +1

Just black out that bowtie and i think it looks great. Really want to see the 1LE though.
I think the final design may have a few tweaks to the front end. That 1LE mule (assuming thats what it is) appears to have painted grille bits under the fangs and body color trim right below the grille which could soften the overall look. We shall see...

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!