Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-27-2018, 12:41 PM   #1
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Heat stopped working -- Update: Need help regarding dealer.

2017 Camaro 1LT V6.

So I'm driving and I notice it's pretty chilly inside so I check the blower settings and they are at 80 F ... I turn up the dial to 85 and set the blower on high and it blows nothing but straight cold air. It had been running for atleast 20 minutes by that point too. I turn it all the way down and all the way up again and it got slightly warm... But felt more like upper 60's and lower 70's.

I stopped, exited the car, re-entered and restarted it and it's still blowing cold air... It is doing it both on recirculate and non recirculate... Any idea as to whats going on?

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 03-10-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
ShadySS

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS
If a simple disconnecting of the Negative terminal doesn't help and nothing else you try seems to, then just take it to a dealer, this is exactly what warranty is for

Other then that I have no advice for you, hopefully some others, can chime with some tips to help.
ShadySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:51 PM   #3
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
If the modes are working properly, then most likely the blend door
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
Liralen

Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
I had that happen when had my 4th gen, it was when the thermostat got stuck or the water flow to the heater/air conditioning unit got clogged up. Really sucks when it is 40-50 degrees out and you are two hours from home! Of course your car is not old enough to have the second issue...

Garage:
2013 HotWheels SE Camaro, Coupe, V8, 2SS, Auto, #987 (aka V8HOTTY)
2014 Z51 Stingray 3LT Corvette, M7, Coupe - Laguna Blue Metallic
2016 Harley Davidson Roadglide, Screaming Eagle
2017 50th Anniv SE Camaro, Vert, V8, 2SS, M6, NAV, NPP, #537 (aka FIFTY)
2017 Silverado High Country, full bed/crew cab, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
2018 Silverado LTZ, short bed/crew cab, 100th Anniv, Centennial Blue (aka CENTURY)
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:33 PM   #5
nearwater

Drives: '17 2SS 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liralen View Post
I had that happen when had my 4th gen, it was when the thermostat got stuck or the water flow to the heater/air conditioning unit got clogged up. Really sucks when it is 40-50 degrees out and you are two hours from home! Of course your car is not old enough to have the second issue...
Very possible. Or a bubble in the cooling system(coolant)
Old 02-28-2018, 12:30 AM   #6
Need4Camaro

I hate intermittent issues. So later today out of the blue it started working again and has been working since. I already scheduled a dealer visit, note my car has 29,900 miles and the bumper to bumper coverage ends at 30,000 miles which means anything that isn't powertrain related will no longer be covered. So I'm hoping they take a deeper look into it other than saying "Oh its working fine" and turn it away..
Old 02-28-2018, 08:22 AM   #7
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I hate intermittent issues. So later today out of the blue it started working again and has been working since. I already scheduled a dealer visit, note my car has 29,900 miles and the bumper to bumper coverage ends at 30,000 miles which means anything that isn't powertrain related will no longer be covered. So I'm hoping they take a deeper look into it other than saying "Oh its working fine" and turn it away..
Hopefully your heat keeps on working with no need for the stealership goons to get involved.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #8
Need4Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Hopefully your heat keeps on working with no need for the stealership goons to get involved.
I'm actually sitting at the stealership right now. I made a video recording of the mileage (29,850) and did a video walk around of the car and it's condition before dropping it off right infront of the service department. The issue is after 30,000 miles, heat and A/C is no longer covered under warranty. So I am having them look at it just incase, and if for whatever reason it stops working later after 30k miles I have proof that I brought it in and had it looked over so it was technically an existing issue before the warranty expired so I should be able to get it covered.

If it turns out to be anything electronic it would be very expensive to repair it out of pocket.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
I'm actually sitting at the stealership right now. I made a video recording of the mileage (29,850) and did a video walk around of the car and it's condition before dropping it off right infront of the service department. The issue is after 30,000 miles, heat and A/C is no longer covered under warranty. So I am having them look at it just incase, and if for whatever reason it stops working later after 30k miles I have proof that I brought it in and had it looked over so it was technically an existing issue before the warranty expired so I should be able to get it covered.

If it turns out to be anything electronic it would be very expensive to repair it out of pocket.
WHAT????????? Who the heck told you that?

The whole car is covered for 3 yrs/36,000 miles!!!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:10 AM   #10
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I agree with fastball.
This problem sounds like intermittent electrical failure. Could be controlling module, actuating motor, or anything in between.
there is also the possibility of something physically obstructing a damper. Apparently they don't pay too close attention to the insulating foam when they put this system together, which is why some owners get bad fogging of the windshield from the A/C in humid weather (cold air leaks through defrost vents and cools glass, condensate forms on outside).
ctrlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #11
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I agree with fastball.
And it's not even a matter of agreeing with me or not. All you have to do is open your owners manual.

A dealer that tells you your factory warranty is anything but 3/36 overall and 4/50 on the drivetrain should not be selling anything but fake Rolexes!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:19 PM   #12
Need4Camaro

Quote:
WHAT????????? Who the heck told you that?

My dealer told me everything is covered bumper to bumper only till 30k, service department manager even told me this. Powertrain is covered till 65k per the service departent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I agree with fastball.
This problem sounds like intermittent electrical failure. Could be controlling module, actuating motor, or anything in between.
there is also the possibility of something physically obstructing a damper. Apparently they don't pay too close attention to the insulating foam when they put this system together, which is why some owners get bad fogging of the windshield from the A/C in humid weather (cold air leaks through defrost vents and cools glass, condensate forms on outside).
Admittedly I get very seldom (and I mean literally once maybe every 6 to 8 weeks) weird electrical issues. I will be driving and out of nowhere for no reason at all EVERYTHING shuts down except the motor. No gauges, no radio or Mylink display, no climate control, turn signals, not even the interior lights.. EVERYTHING .. while the engine continues to run..then about 5 seconds later it all just seems to reboot, gauges do their startup process (going to max then 0 then report the actual readings, mylink completely reboots showing the Chevy emblem).. I have just called it off as a glitch since it doesnt happen very often and havent really addressed it.

I also get that horrible fogging of the window but I've figured out how to minimize and prevent it (using Defroster with the setting on Recirculate Air instead of outside air) and that usually works. I don't feel like having my dealer rip out my entire dash and windshield to fix it so I haven't addressed that.

Quote:
And it's not even a matter of agreeing with me or not. All you have to do is open your owners manual.

A dealer that tells you your factory warranty is anything but 3/36 overall and 4/50 on the drivetrain should not be selling anything but fake Rolexes!
I probably should read that darn manual, but anyhow if they give me flack about it I'll bring it up...if I still get flack I'm going to another dealer.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #13
fastball
Banned

Quote:
My dealer told me everything is covered bumper to bumper only till 30k, service department manager even told me this. Powertrain is covered till 65k per the service departent.

I probably should read that darn manual, but anyhow if they give me flack about it I'll bring it up...if I still get flack I'm going to another dealer.

The industry standard for most production cars from all manufacturers is 3/36, 4/50. I thought this was common knowledge?

Some premium lines have longer, and of course Kia has a 10/100,000. But the industry standard is 3/36, 4/50.

Holy cow. You need to get out of that dealer right now. If they're telling you that, no telling what else they're screwing up on your car or with you.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #14
ModdedSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
It's a 5 year 60k miles powertrain warranty, not 4 year 50k

Go: 17" Forgestar F14s in Bronze Burst with Hoosier Drag Radials/Rotofab Intake w/ Dry Filter/EFI Flex Fuel Kit/Kooks 2" Longtubes with Offroad Connections/PRAY Performance Ported Intake Manifold/PRAY Performance Ported Throttle Body/PRAY Performance Ported Heads/PRAY Performance Tune

Suspension: Phastek Lowering Springs/BMR Toe Rods/BMR Control Arms/BMR Trailing Arms/BMR Strut Tower Brace
ModdedSS is offline   Reply With Quote