Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #1233
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
-1300 DA at atco is not a repeatable situation for 99% of owners. And it’s the fastest private owner run yet at 12.1. Why is that exciting ?
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #1234
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
-1300 DA at atco is not a repeatable situation for 99% of owners. And it’s the fastest private owner run yet at 12.1. Why is that exciting ?
Because 12.1 is fast in a GT! LOL
Old 01-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #1235
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Because 12.1 is fast in a GT! LOL
I mean it’s good and all but it’s the same crap day after day I been staying out of it lately. But why act hard or troll over doing things the SS has already done ? It’s really desperate and odd
Old 01-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #1236
Fox9350

Drives: 2014 Kia Sorento
12.1 is a great run, @119 MPH is amazing trap speed, and NO ONE HAS THESE CARS YET! If you check dealer stock and the orders page on M6G most people don't even have them. The tracks are closing for winter. You won't see hero runs until spring.
Fox9350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #1237
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox9350 View Post
Wrong.

11s? no. the LMR run is very close. ANd these are runs that have happened in the hands of a few people. The car is still not out there to the masses yet.
That is my point. And this sums up the difference. Mustang crowd wants to use these few examples in perfect conditions as the norm, and expect people to accept them as the norm, when it isn't. The Camaro guys are saying, let's wait and see what happens when we have enough for an average.

I can see why the Mustang guys don't want that, and it pokes holes in your position here. If you guys were confident in what it can do, you would not be trying to make these hero runs the end all be all.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #1238
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Wait... an 2018 A10 Mustang went 12.1 at -1300 DA with 26 PSI in the tires, and I am supposed to be impressed?

Sorry, but I expected more given these parameters. The guy seemed pretty new to the track, perhaps he can do better next time... Ether that, or my expectations were a little too high. I thought Ford would make the Mustang overtake the Camaro setting the new standard (for drag racing, forget road courses of course), but it seems they just caught up to the party a few years too late.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:03 PM   #1239
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Listen I feel their pain, all of their bragging about the 6th Gen being untouchable then here comes a media publication test with the 18 at 11:83 119+ (also had 5 other passes in the 11s) and the 6th Gens fastest verified pass to date 12:21 @ 114+. I may not be great in math but that is nearly 4-tenths difference, or not even close.
I agree with you and I think you are onto something.

A 12.21 "verified pass" would put it at #21 on the A8 bone stock list. I think the top 20 Camaro guys all PM'd each other, secretly modded their cars, and then posted their times to skew the True results.

You and I would make a great team...if the slips don't fit, you must acquit.

Quote:
Wrong.

The car is still not out there to run into the masses yet.
I fixed it for ya

Quote:
12.1 is a great run, @119 MPH is amazing trap speed, and NO ONE HAS THESE CARS YET! If you check dealer stock and the orders page on M6G most people don't even have them. The tracks are closing for winter. You won't see hero runs until spring.
The 2016 Camaro was in the same boat with their late release...it does suck that we have to wait til spring to see solid results. Speaking of results, why do you think that only 2 people submitted timeslips on the Mg6 bone stock list in all of 2017 ?

We have 55 entries on the bone stock list (M6 & A8)...20 of which entries were submitted in 2017. Mg6 has 20 total entries with 2 slips in 2017. Slackers.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #1240
Fox9350

Drives: 2014 Kia Sorento
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
That is my point. And this sums up the difference. Mustang crowd wants to use these few examples in perfect conditions as the norm, and expect people to accept them as the norm, when it isn't. The Camaro guys are saying, let's wait and see what happens when we have enough for an average.

I can see why the Mustang guys don't want that, and it pokes holes in your position here. If you guys were confident in what it can do, you would not be trying to make these hero runs the end all be all.
agreed. If we can also agree that 12.6 and 0-6 of 4.6 is not the norm either, aka edmunds soccer mom run? And even if it is, with a test car of a non PP equipped loaded the max with weight gaining cosmetic options (security package, nav, etc) and a 3.15:1 rear gear option that isn't a bad run. Fix the gears and the tires with the PP option, lose the non performance options, and get a driver who knows the car and we see the results already. Considering that the 15-17 was a minor step back in straight line performance for the Mustang, you can't fault the enthusaists for being thrilled at the early returns on this new model, especially with the A10.....with the higher trap speeds its not hard to project at worst it will tie the camaro and at best may edge it out, from early returns. But I agree it will be a wait and see, and in either car's case they are close enough that the driver, and condition of the track will swing it either way.
Fox9350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:43 PM   #1241
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
agreed. If we can also agree that 12.6 and 0-6 of 4.6 is not the norm either, aka edmunds soccer mom run? And even if it is, with a test car of a non PP equipped loaded the max with weight gaining cosmetic options (security package, nav, etc) and a 3.15:1 rear gear option that isn't a bad run. Fix the gears and the tires with the PP option, lose the non performance options, and get a driver who knows the car and we see the results already. Considering that the 15-17 was a minor step back in straight line performance for the Mustang, you can't fault the enthusaists for being thrilled at the early returns on this new model, especially with the A10.....with the higher trap speeds its not hard to project at worst it will tie the camaro and at best may edge it out, from early returns. But I agree it will be a wait and see, and in either car's case they are close enough that the driver, and condition of the track will swing it either way.
Realize that the SS Edmunds tested was a loaded 2SS and that all SSes are equal from a performance stand point. What you describe is the same old situation. A GT* with a certain combination of options will run and the others don't.

FYI - A 2SS has heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, blind spot monitors, two LED displays, HUD, memory power seats, 9 speaker Bose and dual zone climate. Plus, every SS has 20" wheels, and 19 gallons fuel (three more than GT).

From an option weight standpoint, the GT had the advantage. Add that it had the A10 whereas the SS was manual. Big advantage to the GT. Poor GT run for sure.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 01-05-2018 at 06:53 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:45 PM   #1242
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Someone in a A8 SS on the HC forum claims at ATCO that he went 11.6? on a tire. Does anyone know anything about the claimed pass? I think the name " Scorpion 27 "
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:30 PM   #1243
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Realize that the SS Edmunds tested was a loaded 2SS and that all SSes are equal from a performance stand point. What you describe is the same old situation. A GT* with a certain combination of options will run and the others don't.

FYI - A 2SS has heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, blind spot monitors, two LED displays, HUD, memory power seats, 9 speaker Bose and dual zone climate. Plus, every SS has 20" wheels, and 19 gallons fuel (three more than GT).

From an option weight standpoint, the GT had the advantage. Add that it had the A10 whereas the SS was manual. Big advantage to the GT. Poor GT run for sure.
Keep in mind as well, the GT gets to run on 18/19 inch wheels, which are technically a better choice in the 1/4 as well. It's arguably still my biggest gripe about the 5th and 6th gen Camaros, as a 18" or 19" would have been much more preferred...
Old 01-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #1244
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
12.1 is not impressive in 2018. In 2015 it would have been. And if ALL the GTs were capable of it then even more so. And if you could still get them for around high $20Ks base then yea. But that was 3 years ago. And you have to opt in certain things to get that performance. And then it costs much more than the base 15. So I'm not seeing any way that this is impressive.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #1245
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 01-06-2018 at 09:20 AM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:32 AM   #1246
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
Someone in a A8 SS on the HC forum claims at ATCO that he went 11.6? on a tire. Does anyone know anything about the claimed pass? I think the name " Scorpion 27 "
Don’t know much about that pass but me and several other people were in the 11.6-11.7 range with basically stock SS and a tire.

It’s true and easily done in decent air.

I bet a totally stock SS on a tire could go 11.5 in hero air and a small driver. It’s got a full tenth or so 60ft advantage over a mustang GT and it’s feminine powerband. But low end torque doesn’t matter right? Is that why all the fast auto mustangs need a converter ? Lol