View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 01:33 AM   #148
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
Just adding fuel to the fire.... I went to my dealership a few weeks ago about my shudder. Even gave them a copy of the notice.

They could not even replicate the problem, because there is no road near them where they can do 60-70 mph (where mine shudders at).

They are taking it in on a recall for a transmission line anyways and they claim to have a machine that can detect vibrations without driving it at those speeds (no clue on that one). Odd thing is that the service manager said he was well aware of the problem with the A8 in the trucks but hasnt had a Camaro come in yet.

We shall see.... I'm holding off on modding my car (and voiding the warranty) until it's fixed. Which kind of sucks because I have full bolt ons waiting, and ironically.. a converter
I honestly think the MEMO from GM to dealers involving this issue went something similar to this.

"Dear Dealership,

We know there is a common issue with A8 Transmission Shudder and though this was designed into the vehicle and not tested for any long lasting effects like we claim to do with all things we release, customers will experience transmission shudder due to low fluid line pressure at certain speeds and conditions. This can result in damage to the converter and other parts, but don't fret attached to this pallet of Transmission & Differential Fluid is instructions for a 3 flush Band-Aid to drain the already harmful shavings and internal debris caused by our factory Slip% settings though we know it will likely come back within a few hundred to thousand miles. We sincerely hope you continue to ignore your customers eventhough they have actually figured out what's causing it already."

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile