Thread: ltg motor
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 07:56 PM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
350whp on a good tune with a forged block? I would assume more. The turbo if not mistaken oem is a mitsubishi td04 (same as evoX) and they boost roughly 20-28psi from hp tuners.
I would think stock turbo and injectors he could achieve 400+ knowing that his valve train is now beefed up. I've seen cobalts with smaller turbos and 60lb injectors reach over 500whp.
Not saying your wrong at all, safe wise 350ish would be ideal without upgrading turbo size and injectors.
To add, I dont know of any aftermarket torque converters. I'm more of a manual transmission type of driver and that would require a heavier duty clutch for maintaining power transfer from output shaft to input shaft. A lighter flywheel would help with quicker revs and launch control.
The stock turbos can't move enough air to do 320whp reliably it's a known fact if you do any research. You can hit 350whp with E85 or Meth on the stock turbo but it will be unreliable without a built motor to avoid things breaking.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote