Thread: ltg motor
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 08:03 AM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayruner View Post
I got a 16 ats coupe , 2.0 turbo and 8 speed, I would like to get a good forged motor built, can someone tell me who builds ltg motors and what kind of hp should i look for, if i'm willing to spend the money, and a good converter for the street. thanks
Most of your cost will end up in Install. The quality of said install is the biggest issue don't go with your cheapest qoute despite it always sounding best most of those shops reuse worn or damaged gaskets and seals and don't properly calibrate anything leading to early or immediate failure after tuning.

Buy a new Motor off JEGS for like $1k buy your internals might aswell get better valves and springs while your at it. you can go with CP-Carillio or JE Pistons and Rods or ZZP's Pistons makes little difference.

Have them assemble the built motor with your bought new motor it will save you nearly 50% in labor then having them remove, tear down and install and reassemble.

With a built forged motor and complimenting bolt-ons your now looking at around 340-350whp on an aggressive tune. For more you will need to upgrade fueling and the turbo. There are no reliable proven converters "yet"

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote