Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 Envoy, '07 F-150, '12 Charger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 35,933
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
2019 Camaro is awesome in new Shock color

SEMA show car previews new exterior color and expanded range of accessories
General Motors

October 16, 2018



DETROIT — Chevrolet today previewed a new Shock yellow exterior color for the 2019 Camaro. It will be available in early 2019.

The color made its debut on a 2019 Camaro SS show car that will be on display at the SEMA Show Oct. 30-Nov. 2 in Las Vegas, where it will be shown with new accessories and performance parts available from Chevrolet dealers.

“There’s a fresh look for the 2019 Camaro, which is restyled, reinvigorated and offers more choices and new technologies,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet Car and Crossover Marketing. “It’s the perfect canvas for personalization, and the new Shock color and available accessories demonstrate only some of the possibilities customers have to make the Camaro entirely theirs.”

The expanded portfolio of accessories and performance parts includes second-generation ground effects, a black wing spoiler, fuel door with exposed carbon-fiber insert, black Camaro fender badges, 50-state-legal cold-air induction kits, RECARO® performance seats, Brembo® six-piston front brake upgrade kit and 1LE suspension components.*

The Chevrolet accessories and performance parts were designed by the same designers and engineers responsible for the Camaro itself, for seamless design and performance integration. The accessories and parts were also validated to the same rigorous standards as the factory-installed components, and their installation does not void the new-vehicle limited warranty.

Customers can shop online for the parts at Chevrolet.com/accessories and choose home or dealer delivery, as well as select dealer installation.

The Camaro SS Shock show vehicle also features concept front-end styling that includes a relocated bowtie emblem and concept hood/fender graphics. It will be joined in the Chevrolet SEMA display by a personalized Camaro LT convertible, shown in new Satin Steel Grey Metallic and featuring concept red accents and additional accessories.

Camaro for 2019

New front-end styling on LS, LT and SS models, including the fascia, grille, dual-element headlamps, hood and new LED signature lighting, puts a new face on the 2019 Camaro. The ZL1 model retains its airflow optimized front-end styling, while the RS package also receives unique headlamps and lighting signature.

At the rear, new LED taillamps are incorporated in a more sculptured execution of Chevrolet’s signature dual-element design. Red lenses are featured on LS and LT, with RS, SS and ZL1 featuring dark-tinted neutral-density (clear) lenses.

Additional highlights include:
  • An all-new Turbo 1LE model that rounds out Camaro’s performance lineup.
  • A new 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission offered on Camaro SS, featuring launch control and line lock.
  • New wheel designs.
  • New Chevrolet infotainment systems, including enhanced available navigation.
  • New available full-display rearview camera mirror.
  • New available Forward Collision Alert.

Along with Shock, the 2019 Camaro color palette also includes new Crush, Riverside Blue Metallic, Shadow Grey Metallic and Satin Steel Grey Metallic.

The 2019 Camaro show cars join more than a dozen Chevrolet vehicle concepts at the SEMA Show, along with the latest accessories, performance parts and crate engines for new and vintage Chevrolet vehicles.









__________________

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #2
ISHLISS
Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
 
ISHLISS's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: kansas
Posts: 125
Using a photoshopped photo with new emblem placement? Strange.
ISHLISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #3
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,527
So, are they moving the bow tie for production cars or just this SEMA build?
__________________
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #4
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 626
It says right in the article the emblem was moved for the show vehicle people.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #5
ISHLISS
Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
 
ISHLISS's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: kansas
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
It says right in the article the emblem was moved for the show vehicle people.
Skipped right over that, but WOW maybe this is chevy realizing their mistake and maybe future models will have the relocated emblem. This small change makes a world of a difference.
ISHLISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 Envoy, '07 F-150, '12 Charger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 35,933
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
concept front-end styling that includes a relocated bowtie emblem
.
__________________

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #7
gpskinzhut

 
gpskinzhut's Avatar
 
Drives: 87 IROC-Z, 2017 2SS, 2014 2LT vert
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,393
Looks a lot better like this. And that's a purty color.
__________________

2017 2SS M6: Stock
2014 2LT Convertible: Stock
1987 IROC-Z: (SOLD) :-(
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #8
whiteboyblues2001

 
whiteboyblues2001's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
SEMA show car previews new exterior color and expanded range of accessories
General Motors

October 16, 2018



DETROIT — Chevrolet today previewed a new Shock yellow exterior color for the 2019 Camaro. It will be available in early 2019.

The color made its debut on a 2019 Camaro SS show car that will be on display at the SEMA Show Oct. 30-Nov. 2 in Las Vegas, where it will be shown with new accessories and performance parts available from Chevrolet dealers.

“There’s a fresh look for the 2019 Camaro, which is restyled, reinvigorated and offers more choices and new technologies,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet Car and Crossover Marketing. “It’s the perfect canvas for personalization, and the new Shock color and available accessories demonstrate only some of the possibilities customers have to make the Camaro entirely theirs.”

The expanded portfolio of accessories and performance parts includes second-generation ground effects, a black wing spoiler, fuel door with exposed carbon-fiber insert, black Camaro fender badges, 50-state-legal cold-air induction kits, RECARO® performance seats, Brembo® six-piston front brake upgrade kit and 1LE suspension components.*

The Chevrolet accessories and performance parts were designed by the same designers and engineers responsible for the Camaro itself, for seamless design and performance integration. The accessories and parts were also validated to the same rigorous standards as the factory-installed components, and their installation does not void the new-vehicle limited warranty.

Customers can shop online for the parts at Chevrolet.com/accessories and choose home or dealer delivery, as well as select dealer installation.

The Camaro SS Shock show vehicle also features concept front-end styling that includes a relocated bowtie emblem and concept hood/fender graphics. It will be joined in the Chevrolet SEMA display by a personalized Camaro LT convertible, shown in new Satin Steel Grey Metallic and featuring concept red accents and additional accessories.

Camaro for 2019

New front-end styling on LS, LT and SS models, including the fascia, grille, dual-element headlamps, hood and new LED signature lighting, puts a new face on the 2019 Camaro. The ZL1 model retains its airflow optimized front-end styling, while the RS package also receives unique headlamps and lighting signature.

At the rear, new LED taillamps are incorporated in a more sculptured execution of Chevrolet’s signature dual-element design. Red lenses are featured on LS and LT, with RS, SS and ZL1 featuring dark-tinted neutral-density (clear) lenses.

Additional highlights include:
  • An all-new Turbo 1LE model that rounds out Camaro’s performance lineup.
  • A new 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission offered on Camaro SS, featuring launch control and line lock.
  • New wheel designs.
  • New Chevrolet infotainment systems, including enhanced available navigation.
  • New available full-display rearview camera mirror.
  • New available Forward Collision Alert.

Along with Shock, the 2019 Camaro color palette also includes new Crush, Riverside Blue Metallic, Shadow Grey Metallic and Satin Steel Grey Metallic.

The 2019 Camaro show cars join more than a dozen Chevrolet vehicle concepts at the SEMA Show, along with the latest accessories, performance parts and crate engines for new and vintage Chevrolet vehicles.









Thanks for the info!

The press release stated that there will be Recarro seats available. Is there a timeframe for their availability? I would consider upgrading my 1SS (non-1LE) seats if the price is right...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:45 AM   #9
whiteboyblues2001

 
whiteboyblues2001's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 1,153
The 2019 looks sooooo much better with the front bumper painted body color instead of black and with the bowtie relocation!!! HUGE difference!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #10
DaveC113
 
DaveC113's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Front Range, CO
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
The 2019 looks sooooo much better with the front bumper painted body color instead of black and with the bowtie relocation!!! HUGE difference!
+1...

If I owned a '19 I'd be looking into body color paint for the front bumper!
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:55 AM   #11
02fbody35th
 
02fbody35th's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Scranton pa
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
The 2019 looks sooooo much better with the front bumper painted body color instead of black and with the bowtie relocation!!! HUGE difference!
Amen!!! Chevy this makes the car look sooo much better!
__________________
02fbody35th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #12
Bradl1982
 
Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Belleville, IL
Posts: 195
I like the color! I wouldn't buy it but it does look cool.
Bradl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #13
samurai
 
samurai's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 403
Now bring that frontend change as an option for all SS models - The concept in Shock looks amazing
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS Coupe (EU), Hyper Blue, MT
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #14
427K
 
427K's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 145
It seems there is a higher clearance on the rear wheels, then the previous two models ?
__________________
I spent most of my money on beer and cars, the rest I just wasted.
427K is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.