Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
First free oil change and tire rotation

I went to the dealer for my first free oil change and tire rotation. I’ve had my Camaro for 1 year, and have barely 2800 miles on her. The dealer I went to is great, service dept-wise. 👍🏻 I went to them to have my front license plate holder installed properly, just after I bought the car. The tech that handled it was recommended by the service advisor there. Now I know why. This tech leaves the car spotless when he’s done, and he does quality work. 👍🏻 I went back there a month or two after buying the car for a warranty trim piece issue, and it was more of the same, excellent work from the service dept. and particularly the tech I allow to work on my car.

Fast forward to today. Made the appt for my first free change and rotation and requested the same tech. He was amazed and happy to see how clean and taken care of my Camaro still is almost a year later. I asked him what oil they planned to use and he said it is 5W30 Full Synthetic. I was very happy to hear that is wasn’t a blend. 👍🏻 Car was in and out in under an hour, which is an achievement for your average dealer, and it came out pristine as well.

People tend to write about their negative dealer experiences most of the time, so I figured it was time to write a post about a 100 percent positive dealer experience today. 🤘🏼😎

BTW: looked up the oil by part number on my paperwork. Posted it here. 10 fresh quarts of this nectar of the gods! 👊🏼
Attached Images

1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:09 AM   #2
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
Good to hear, and you're right: Positive experiences seem unreported compared to negative ones.
I concur and am also glad to note nothing but good experiences ( maint. and warranty items ) with my previous car, a 2016 1LT. Dealer staff conscientious and also enthusiastic with my keeping my machine clean all around. Haven't yet had my first complementary service on my new 1SS, but one thing made me happy from the get-go: When the day came for me to seal the deal and pick up the car, it was a rotten rainy day. I expressed some dismay at having to drive home a brand new car on a day like that and they said bring it back the next sunny day and they'll take care of me. I did, and they did. I was very satisfied to to properly (re ) experience driving a new car off their lot, and told them so in person and in the ratings.

Knock on wood, but in the past 30+ years of new car ownerships, I've yet to be dissatisfied enough to use the term "stealership".
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:53 AM   #3
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighIron View Post
Good to hear, and you're right: Positive experiences seem unreported compared to negative ones.
I concur and am also glad to note nothing but good experiences ( maint. and warranty items ) with my previous car, a 2016 1LT. Dealer staff conscientious and also enthusiastic with my keeping my machine clean all around. Haven't yet had my first complementary service on my new 1SS, but one thing made me happy from the get-go: When the day came for me to seal the deal and pick up the car, it was a rotten rainy day. I expressed some dismay at having to drive home a brand new car on a day like that and they said bring it back the next sunny day and they'll take care of me. I did, and they did. I was very satisfied to to properly (re ) experience driving a new car off their lot, and told them so in person and in the ratings.

Knock on wood, but in the past 30+ years of new car ownerships, I've yet to be dissatisfied enough to use the term "stealership".

👍🏻 Glad to hear it’s gone right for you as well. I’ve had some bad experiences in the past with service from dealerships, but I have to be honest, it was from Jeep service for my Wranglers. I’ve had good luck at all three GM dealerships I’ve used for service in the past 15-20 years.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:05 AM   #4
Magnum922

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, A8
When I got my first oil change the mechanic the mechanic that did it treated my car perfect (watched through the glass wall in the waiting room) the valet used my car 2 times as a desk to write on ( put small scratch on hood from pen) . I told them about that. They said they told him about that before but they will take care of it. Fast forward to now, had to get an inspection and noticed that guy had a desk job now.
Magnum922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:24 AM   #5
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
100% positive feedback for the maintenance by my dealer also...
It’s me !
Ha ha ha

«*Never been better served, than by ourselves*»
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:38 AM   #6
JK001

Drives: ZHP, Alfa 4C, RAM, X5, 17SS1LE-sold
My local dealer treats me like royalty...not sure why but I can't complain at all! I just had my headliner replaced, and aside from the resin smell, my car was kept indoors the whole 5 days, and then detailed to my specifications. Oh, and I got a brand new loaded Tahoe as a loaner. THANK YOU, Matthew!
JK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Why does anybody post a positive experience and not name the dealer (and the serv advisor and tech, if avail) ? Would seem to me it would be nice to know where a lot of members could go based upon pos experience posted here.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Why does anybody post a positive experience and not name the dealer (and the serv advisor and tech, if avail) ? Would seem to me it would be nice to know where a lot of members could go based upon pos experience posted here.
I’d be happy to PM anyone that is in the southern MA or RI area with the dealer I go to for service. 👍🏻
Old 06-17-2018, 02:35 PM   #9
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Tire rotation? From one side to the other?
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #10
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Tire rotation? From one side to the other?
Exactly. They just do a side to side rotation front and rear. They still label it as “oil change and tire rotation” though.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:00 PM   #11
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
I went to the dealer for my first free oil change and tire rotation. I’ve had my Camaro for 1 year, and have barely 2800 miles on her. The dealer I went to is great, service dept-wise. ���� I went to them to have my front license plate holder installed properly, just after I bought the car. The tech that handled it was recommended by the service advisor there. Now I know why. This tech leaves the car spotless when he’s done, and he does quality work. ���� I went back there a month or two after buying the car for a warranty trim piece issue, and it was more of the same, excellent work from the service dept. and particularly the tech I allow to work on my car.

Fast forward to today. Made the appt for my first free change and rotation and requested the same tech. He was amazed and happy to see how clean and taken care of my Camaro still is almost a year later. I asked him what oil they planned to use and he said it is 5W30 Full Synthetic. I was very happy to hear that is wasn’t a blend. ���� Car was in and out in under an hour, which is an achievement for your average dealer, and it came out pristine as well.

People tend to write about their negative dealer experiences most of the time, so I figured it was time to write a post about a 100 percent positive dealer experience today. ������

BTW: looked up the oil by part number on my paperwork. Posted it here. 10 fresh quarts of this nectar of the gods! ����
Don't be that guy. Your car is nothing special. They techs work on hundreds off the exact same model every month. I can understand asking if "Bob" is available to do the work but only "allowing" that tech to do work on your car.... lol. You come off as really snooty.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:19 PM   #12
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Don't be that guy. Your car is nothing special. They techs work on hundreds off the exact same model every month. I can understand asking if "Bob" is available to do the work but only "allowing" that tech to do work on your car.... lol. You come off as really snooty.
Yeah, “snooty” is fitting for having one tech do my warranty work and oil changes, which amounts to two visits a year at most. I’m sure that’s causing all kinds of trouble. ������

There’s one in every thread, and your that guy in this one.

In all seriousness, though, you have no obligation to do what I do and “request the tech that treats cars as their own.” You can go into an appt and use whichever tech they assign, if that’s been working for ya. I, on the other hand will request the tech that is a true “car guy” and it shows in his work and work ethic. That’s rare these days.

Last edited by JoeCamaro444; 06-17-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:04 PM   #13
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
It is a inconvenience for a customer to waltz in the dealership and demand only a specific tech work on their car. All the techs are trained and know what they're doing. I just don't see why you think you deserve special treatment (hence the snooty comment)? Your camaro is just like all the other thousands of 1SS's produced in 2017. As you said, their always is that "one guy" and that would be you thinking your camaro is "special" enough to pick and choose who touches it.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:16 PM   #14
kodiakk

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
I Love my Dealer, They have always treated me very well and jumped through hoops to get me what I wanted. One experience left a problem though. I took my car in for tire swap as I drive mine year round and was having winter rims and ice tires installed. Complimentary I might add( tires and custom rims to go with my car.) All went well and they stored them for the winter. Come spring I was ready and went to pick them up as I will be doing my own tire swaps from now on, much to my chagrin, all 4 rims were scratched all to hell. Needless to say I was not happy at all. They polished them and when I went back to get them they were shiny but upon inspection I was not happy yet. They said I was too fussy and what followed was a breakdown in trust and friendship. Fast forward to 3 days ago, my new rims have arrived compliments of the dealer and as they don't want to risk damaging them on tire mount they agreed to pay to have Fountain Tire do the work for me. They also suggested I drive on my originals for the summer and when I swap again in the fall just bring the cores back when I can. We both agreed to work on doing work at an acceptable level for both of us. Friendship rebuilding and working relationship on the mend. My Dealer is McLleland Wheaton in Alberta and I stand by them.
kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote