Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #15
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko07 View Post
My dealer didn't have the car and wouldn't order one so he did a dealer trade. This was a mistake that i later regretted but deal is done and i'm happy with the car.

I think Texas requires it too but i've had the car over a year and have put less than 2k miles on it so i don't worry about it much.
There are plenty of options available that allow you to add a front plate without damaging the front bumper. Truthfully, I wouldn't care what state I live in, they aren't screwing up my car with a pos plate mount..
Old 12-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #16
Franko07

Drives: 17 white 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
There are plenty of options available that allow you to add a front plate without damaging the front bumper. Truthfully, I wouldn't care what state I live in, they aren't screwing up my car with a pos plate mount..

to be honest... they really didn't screw it up. They bring the approach they would if it was a truck.... (make it so that the people don't have to come back and most people don't care, if i put 25k miles a year on it i would have left it.)

worse case scenario when i have the bumper off when i pull the engine ill just replace the grill which is what it is riveted to. The grilles are not that expensive.
Franko07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #17
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko07 View Post
to be honest... they really didn't screw it up. They bring the approach they would if it was a truck.... (make it so that the people don't have to come back and most people don't care, if i put 25k miles a year on it i would have left it.)

worse case scenario when i have the bumper off when i pull the engine ill just replace the grill which is what it is riveted to. The grilles are not that expensive.
I was merely referring to a vehicle I would purchase, but you certainly have a very valid point!
Old 12-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #18
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Drilled out the rivets with I think a 3/16" drill....then went to ACE Hardware and found a couple of black, nylon plugs. Worked great.

Know a guy who bought a 2010 or 2011 Corvette and had SPECIFICALLY told the Dealer NO drilling for a frt plate bracket. Even more specifically ,told them to NOT drill the two 1/8" holes and mount the Dealer logo on the rear of the car. A crappy 2x4 inch chrome, pot metal monstrosity. He had it added to the order form.

Car came in, the lot kid drilled the holes in the rear and he REFUSED the car. Ended up with Lawyers and cost him a few thousand bucks to fight the Dealership. He prevailed and they had to pay his legal fees. DID take like 6 years though.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:49 AM   #19
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch98 View Post
The dealer asked if I wanted them to install the front plate.
"Hell no"
They said, "that's what we figgered".

In live in state where a front plate is technically required, but the cops will usually only harass you about that if they are looking to #### with you.
Same here, the dealer asked me and I said: “well, my son is a Sheriff’s deputy, so you better put it on.” 😊
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:45 AM   #20
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan26 View Post
I told my dealer i would not sign any paperwork and that the deal was off if they drilled holes in my bumper for a bracket. lol they listened well
Hahaha, same thing I said.
"You drill into my bumper and the deals off..."
Arugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:12 PM   #21
Marko

Drives: Camaro
It was easy to drill out the plastic rivets. I accidentally went in a little far with the drill on one of them. Is there anything right behind that part of the grill that I could’ve damaged?

I looked under the hood. Everything looks good.
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote