Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 07-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Paint Protection

I bought my new 2017 SS one month ago. I have barely driven it so far for various reasons, but it is my daily driver and it will get about 8,000 to 11,000 miles a year put on it. I do have my wife's Tacoma to drive when the weather is really bad. That being said, I thought I was going to get away with just driving my SS with no protection at all. Changed my mind really fast. I noticed a very small mark on the front end, as well as some tiny marks down on the rear of the rocker panels. Decided some armor was needed! I ordered and installed the GM splash guards. They look fantastic! Super fast delivery, priced just over $200 for the four of them, and they come paint matched! They went on quickly and without a hitch. Hopefully that will protect the sides a bit more. Next up is the 3M Pro protection for the nose, partial hood, fenders and side mirrors. Appt set for Thursday, and at a great price from a local professional installer. All they do is tint and clear protection. I can't wait to have a bit more peace of mind when driving Anubis! 👍🏻
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Make sure they do a paint correction and chemical strip before putting on the clear bra. Any good shop would do it but wouldn't hurt to mention. I've had done a full strip to the paint, paint correction, clear bra and crystal coating. I do not DD my car but I've had that setup for a good 14 months now and still is how it was when first applied. Washing the car is an absolute blast. So easy, even with a ton of bugs on the clear bra. Rinse, soap cannon, wash, rinse and looks like it just came off the factory floor (minus some rock chips lol).
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Make sure they do a paint correction and chemical strip before putting on the clear bra. Any good shop would do it but wouldn't hurt to mention. I've had done a full strip to the paint, paint correction, clear bra and crystal coating. I do not DD my car but I've had that setup for a good 14 months now and still is how it was when first applied. Washing the car is an absolute blast. So easy, even with a ton of bugs on the clear bra. Rinse, soap cannon, wash, rinse and looks like it just came off the factory floor (minus some rock chips lol).
Thank you for the heads up! I'll make sure I mention it. It's being done at ACP in North Attleboro, MA. Their website is amazing. They came highly recommended. I ended up using a bit of scratch remover on the two tiny spots that were on the nose of my car and they vanished. 👍🏻 Now I just need to keep it garaged until Thursday. 😎
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote