Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-16-2017, 05:49 AM   #1
ELS1

Drives: N/A
Portable garages?

Looking to purchase a portable garage to house my zl1; I currently only have a open car port available, but there are cats and all kinds of critters that come out at night (I live in the boonies). I'll be moving within the next couple of years but need something temporary to keep animals off my car...

Been looking at shelterlogic protable garages, but wondering if anyone here has any other ideas/suggestions. I can build one as well but I prefer something temporary.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by ELS1; 06-16-2017 at 07:28 AM.
ELS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
Nfg2ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 NFG 2SS
We bought a ShelterLogic 10x20 enclosed, not specifically for the Camaro, but have put it in there a few times. It's a snug fit, width wise, not undoable, unless you're "big boned". Debated a DIY project, but ready to go was just easier.

Didn't use the included stakes as it's on the cement pad at the back of the shop and there's solid anchor points to tie to. Used tie-downs instead, has held up good so far, through some summer hail, and heavy, heavy downpours.

Would I trust it to put my baby in for the winter? HELL NO. Could it hold up? Not willing to find out. But I'm extremely particular about my Camaro.
Nfg2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Dub9

Drives: F1fty SS
I stored my boat in one for a couple of winters. Keeps the elements off, but if the stray cats want in there isn't much to stop them.
Dub9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #4
Nfg2ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 NFG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9 View Post
I stored my boat in one for a couple of winters. Keeps the elements off, but if the stray cats want in there isn't much to stop them.
I forgot to address the animal issue. Our dogs can run right under if they feel like it. One is kinda small, she's our "pocket Pitt", but the other is a wrecking ball, yet he somehow managed to follow her in.

They know they shouldn't be near the Camaro, super smart dogs. They always look super guilty when they do it.
Nfg2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I had something similar to this delivered by an Amish shed place. I love it. I even ran an electric cord out to it and put an old garage door open in it. Depends on your budget though.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Best-Barn...I70aAoJV8P8HAQ
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:48 AM   #6
ELS1

Drives: N/A
Thanks for all the great info guys!
Old 06-17-2017, 10:29 PM   #7
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I had a shelterlogic loved it. get the vent kit. 12x20x8 the 5th gen fit in it great. get some water pipe foam insulation and put it on the pipe near were you open your door so ti wont ding it if you open it to wide.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote