Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-27-2016, 09:37 AM   #29
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
I'm the OP, here's an "update":

Dealer calls me today and said hose was not installed properly in radiator was put in air valve or something (not reading the actual service form right now). But they got it fixed and did a pressure test. They send the shuttle to pick me up and bring me there (my g/f was really sick today and I wasn’t going to have her drive me).

I get the keys to my car from service. I pop the hood (no, I don’t trust them). There’s no coolant in the reservoir. None. I show this to my service person. They say it may have “burped” and need to be topped off. So they fill it up with coolant and close the hood and again want to send me on my way.

I told them to please pop the hood and start the car. They do. Coolant is spitting out from where 3 hoses sort of meet, like a light mini-sprinkler and continues to do so for 20 seconds and doesn’t stop. Doesn't look like a loose clamp to me but coming from someplace else. The head service guy comes and out and thinks it’s something not clamped onto the radiator itself and they’ll get to the bottom of it. Meanwhile they send a shuttle for me to take me to a rental car place that they’re paying for.

What’s really concerning (and yes, irritating), is this was all discovered not b/c of THEM. But b/c of ME. They can’t do the simplest of checks like see if the reservoir is full? Start the car and see if coolant is splashing? Really?

After it overheated and with low oil pressure and the lack of follow through by the service dept., I honestly wouldn't mind unwinding the deal at this point. Car probably has maybe 60 miles or less and rather they keep it and give me my down payment back. Doubt it will happen but I did leave a voice mail for the sales manager to call me. I suppose I could also send him an email documenting this.

Oh well that’s the update……I’m driving a rental.
This is completely unsatisfactory!! I'd be a lot more than just irritated.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:46 AM   #30
A7X

Drives: Subaru Tribeca
Is it possible the car has suffered damage because of their negligence? If so get a new car from another dealer and give them their car back, I would suggest

Looks like this may be the consensus
A7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:49 AM   #31
JeffMorse

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Man, that's a sad story. I won't ask the dealer name, but you're not too far from me. Is it safe to say the dealer is in the SD area?
JeffMorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #32
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMorse View Post
Man, that's a sad story. I won't ask the dealer name, but you're not too far from me. Is it safe to say the dealer is in the SD area?
Yes
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #33
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Sounds like Moe, Larry and Curly were working on your car. So sorry.
ron scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #34
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMorse View Post
By looking at OPs other thread, dealer has an active forum member here. As much as incompetent service folks sounds, I hope dealership takes care of this car and makes it whole with the OP. As far as replacing the car goes, realistically that may be a long shot and GM probably won't agree for that so easily.

Good luck OP! And very sorry to hear about this issue with your new Camaro.
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #35
danomar

Drives: 2017 2LT V6
It seems reasonable to demand a new motor, nothing less. Metal does not magically return to its original shape once it has been heated beyond design parameters. The leaks might be from the block, heads, who knows what. GM should replace the entire motor, no questions asked.
danomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:40 AM   #36
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
That is definitely uncharacteristic of them. Please ask for Jack if you aren't already dealing with him. They typically take great care of customers with cars like this, which is why we get a ton of Corvette service business.

If they already said a hose was installed improperly I would imagine warranty would take care of anything you would need.
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #37
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
I'm the OP, here's an "update":

Dealer calls me today and said hose was not installed properly in radiator was put in air valve or something (not reading the actual service form right now). But they got it fixed and did a pressure test. They send the shuttle to pick me up and bring me there (my g/f was really sick today and I wasn’t going to have her drive me).

I get the keys to my car from service. I pop the hood (no, I don’t trust them). There’s no coolant in the reservoir. None. I show this to my service person. They say it may have “burped” and need to be topped off. So they fill it up with coolant and close the hood and again want to send me on my way.

I told them to please pop the hood and start the car. They do. Coolant is spitting out from where 3 hoses sort of meet, like a light mini-sprinkler and continues to do so for 20 seconds and doesn’t stop. Doesn't look like a loose clamp to me but coming from someplace else. The head service guy comes and out and thinks it’s something not clamped onto the radiator itself and they’ll get to the bottom of it. Meanwhile they send a shuttle for me to take me to a rental car place that they’re paying for.

What’s really concerning (and yes, irritating), is this was all discovered not b/c of THEM. But b/c of ME. They can’t do the simplest of checks like see if the reservoir is full? Start the car and see if coolant is splashing? Really?

After it overheated and with low oil pressure and the lack of follow through by the service dept., I honestly wouldn't mind unwinding the deal at this point. Car probably has maybe 60 miles or less and rather they keep it and give me my down payment back. Doubt it will happen but I did leave a voice mail for the sales manager to call me. I suppose I could also send him an email documenting this.

Oh well that’s the update……I’m driving a rental.
Hello cbr1100xx,

I’ve read through your thread and am sorry to learn of the difficulty you’ve experienced so early in your Camaro ownership. I understand how upsetting this may be as you want to be able to enjoy your car.

We would like to provide another layer of assistance with the dealership while repairing your car. Please send us your VIN, full contact information, and dealership name in a private message so we can help in the best way possible.

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #38
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Looks like the OP's day just brightened up a bit. Nice to see someone from Customer Service stepped in to help.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #39
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
Looks like the OP's day just brightened up a bit. Nice to see someone from Customer Service stepped in to help.
I agree 100%...... That is GREAT to see........Let's hope for a great outcome......
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #40
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I would be sure to discuss this with both the Service Manager as well as the Dealership's general manager.
You might be surprised to see how much effect talking with the Dealership's owner or General Manager might have. I would assume that you would be getting a customer experience survey in the mail. Fill it out honestly. Dealers absolutely HATE a bad survey response.
Let the Dealership's owner know that they apparently failed to test the car after fixing the hose, and it was YOUR idea to start the car and inspect it before taking delivery that demonstrated it wasn't repaired correctly just yet.

I'm good friends with the local Chevy dealership's owner, and he would INSIST that I bring something like that to his attention.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #41
ljc

Drives: 2ss Nightfall Grey
cbr1100xx,

I cannot tell you what you should do nor how you should feel. I however hope that things are taken care of and completed to your satisfaction.
ljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #42
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
Keep on them and be sure to document everything! I certainly hope you've held off on the dealership survey too... another arrow to use if necessary. And don't forget the service survey too! Good luck with your endeavor.
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote