Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 02-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #1
zonepro77

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Bose Wiring Diagram

Has anyone come across a wiring diagram for the Bose system in a 2SS? I'm looking to add an amp/sub to my existing system.
zonepro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonepro77 View Post
Has anyone come across a wiring diagram for the Bose system in a 2SS? I'm looking to add an amp/sub to my existing system.
Just look up the model # on the amp in the trunk and do a google search. I have a 2lt so dont know if the amp is the same. Thats what i did to figure out which wires to tap into. The bose amps are used in many different vehicles. found mine in a Cadillac forum i believe.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:10 AM   #3
zonepro77

This is what I was able to find as far as the model information, but all I've been able to find online is people selling them. I haven't been able to locate any type of wiring diagram telling me what wires to tap in to. All I need is a remote turn on lead and the correct speaker wires so I can hook up my converter and get rca outs for my amp.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
This is what I was able to find as far as the model information, but all I've been able to find online is people selling them. I haven't been able to locate any type of wiring diagram telling me what wires to tap in to. All I need is a remote turn on lead and the correct speaker wires so I can hook up my converter and get rca outs for my amp.
It shouldn't be hard to find the right wire (for remote on) with a meter / test light and a decent amount of patience checking all the wires going to the amp to find the one that is now hot when the headunit is on vs off. Maybe if i'm bored of hunting down the onstar unit while plastidipping my wheels today i'll do a little amp wire mapping.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
chris227

wrong info

Last edited by chris227; 03-04-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:15 AM   #6
zonepro77

Do you remember what color wire you tapped into for the remote turn on lead? Last night I had tied into one of the fuses in the box in the trunk, but evidently those fuses are always live, because my amp remained on whether the car was on or not.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:56 PM   #7
chris227

I'm going to be redoing my box in my trunk this weekend. I'll take some pics of where I wired it up. It's blocked right now. That's what I have to redo so I can have access to the stock amp, it's blocked right now.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #8
chris227

Quote:
I misstated on my remote wire. I discovered I was using a constant as well. Ended up using a loc for remote. And here's a pic of the wires to tap. Front left are the 2 wires with black tape in the pic, but are not needed. Which is why I disconnected them.
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #9
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
It appears you have the RPO UQA-CM8* (*without CM8) and it looks like you're tied into the X1 connector;

Pin 1 color BU/GY Left/Rear Subwoofer Speaker Control (+),

and Pin 5 color GN/BK Left/Rear Subwoofer Speaker (-) Low Reference.

What converter are you using, and where did you tap into for the remote turn on lead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #10
chris227

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post
It appears you have the RPO UQA-CM8* (*without CM8) and it looks like you're tied into the X1 connector;

Pin 1 color BU/GY Left/Rear Subwoofer Speaker Control (+),

and Pin 5 color GN/BK Left/Rear Subwoofer Speaker (-) Low Reference.

What converter are you using, and where did you tap into for the remote turn on lead?
The wires I tied into are front right door speaker which is the bass. All other speakers are on the green connector. X2 I believe it would be. For remote I used a LOC2SL adapter to get remote for now. Turns on amp when signal through speaker is detected. The bose amp has no switched power on it, only constant.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #11
BadBillyJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
The wires I tied into are front right door speaker which is the bass. All other speakers are on the green connector. X2 I believe it would be. For remote I used a LOC2SL adapter to get remote for now. Turns on amp when signal through speaker is detected. The bose amp has no switched power on it, only constant.
You didn't tie into the right front, that's on a UQA with CM8 System, and they would still be the same pin locations, but pin 1 would be yellow, and pin 5 would be yellow/black. You did get lucky though and actually got a subwoofer speaker though

Quote:
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #12
chris227

Quote:
You didn't tie into the right front, that's on a UQA with CM8 System, and they would still be the same pin locations, but pin 1 would be yellow, and pin 5 would be yellow/black. You did get lucky though and actually got a subwoofer speaker though
The front speakers are the sub woofers. Tested each wire to get what I needed. But yes you are right. It is a sub and the color would be different.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:51 PM   #13
BadBillyJack

Not saying you did something wrong, but I do believe you looked at the wrong schematics.
Attached Images

Quote:
Old 03-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #14
chris227

Quote:
Not saying you did something wrong, but I do believe you looked at the wrong schematics.
Had no schematics to look at. You are the first to actually post something in reference to this amp.Thank you. I did look at the ATS and Corvette forums to get in the general area to look.