Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals


JUICEDMOTORSPORTS


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
Tr6
The Dogfather
 
Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Andover, KS
Posts: 2,621
Project Freedom

Figured I'd post up here as well. As I do plan on doing some touches here and there even though AO or Tom Peters would slap me for touching their masterpiece but some personal touches are needed

As most know, I happened to be the 1st lucky sob to take delivery of the very first '16 Camaro. #33 off the line which is the #1 customer order vehicle off the line as the first 32 were the "pre-productions" and used for marketing purposes. You can catch the whole write up of the very first customer review of the 2016 2SS Camaro as well as the whole event HERE.

Anyhow... What I had ordered was (and sorry Sledge, I am stealing your design as I think it should be standard!):
Vehicle: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Color: Garnet Red Exterior, Adrenalin Red Interior
Options: NPP, MRC, Navi, 56V low gloss black wheels, Black Bowties




Now that we got the intro out the way, I can talk about the future plans of mine. Also the ENTIRE album for my vehicle can be found HERE, which I do update quite often with new pictures and what not as I do not post everything to the forum.

Reality plan(s) aka the ones that are happening ASAP:
- On Monday I am finally getting the black bowties installed at my local dealership. DONE
- Clear tint inside the glove box (to preserve Danica Patrick's signature, picture HERE)
- Tinting @ Protint in Plano, TX (clear tint on windshield and llumar atr series dark tint sides and same medium tint on back)
- Radar detector hardwired in asap for my 9500ix @ EarMark in Plano, TX
- Baseline dyno done @ Cobb Tuning in Plano, TX as well as 21st Century Muscle cars in Addison, TX as well. (Cobb has Mustang Dyno and 21st has Dynojet thus I want both baselines, STOCK)
- Borla/Flowmasters xpipe (the 2 companies I have been in contact with to secure the very first xpipe for review/testing)
- I have acquired a throttle body and an intake manifold off of a 2015 vette a couple months ago that I will be sending out to WeaponX for their amazing porting work.
- Most likely Chevrolet Performance intake the second I can order it AND/OR AFE intake (I am in contact with them as well)
- Another baseline dyno pulls @ cobb + 21st AFTER installing intake (with Chevy ecu tune that comes with the intake), ported throttle body, ported intake manifold, borla or flowmasters xpipe.

Absolutely no rush personal touches:
- Chevrolet Performance Blade spoiler painted low gloss black to be the same as the 56V wheels. If Chevy won't offer it in that color (which they most likely won't be doing it), I will just have Trade Secrets down in Dallas paint it for me.
- Chevrolet Performance New Grill fascia (from SEMA, "black concept" vehicle has them)
- Chevrolet Performance BLACK SS badges
- Chevrolet Performance BLACK NPP quad tail pipes (from SEMA, "black concept" vehicle has them)
- Exhaust manifolds ported by SoCal Porting AND ceramic coating (Cerakote Ceramic coatings)
- MRR will be sending me their ZL1 replica wheels thus I will most likely grab a new set of TPMS from Maureen @ Rodgers, and put something wider than 275s and most definitely PSS's on them that has no fitment issues at all.

Parts/stuff that is in the limbo for me to get, aka MAYBE:
- Darkened tail lights
- Chevrolet Performance Lowering Springs for MRC
- Black knight interior spectrum lighting (from SEMA, "black concept vehicle has them)
- Black rear diffuser (from SEMA, "black concept" vehicle has them)
- Garnet Red Splash Guards front and rear
- Driver and passenger carpets black with red stitching and red SS badge on them (from SEMA, "Red Accent Package concept" vehicle has them) IF they ever release them... Since the vehicle is a "concept".


All these are what I can think about for now, I may add more stuff IF I do think of anything else. I will be updating this thread with pictures and crossing out my initial plans THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!

UPDATE:
Black bowties installed, before and after pictures:
FRONT, BEFORE:

FRONT, AFTER:

REAR, BEFORE:

REAR, AFTER:
__________________
2SS, Garnet Red with Adrenalin red, NPP, MRC M6 coupe
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!

Last edited by Tr6; 12-14-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather
 
Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Andover, KS
Posts: 2,621
Reserved for more pics and stuff
__________________
2SS, Garnet Red with Adrenalin red, NPP, MRC M6 coupe
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #3
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro
 
Sledgehammer70's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,826
You got a head start! Boo!!!
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:37 AM   #4
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.
 
LovePhenom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tonawanda, New York
Posts: 466
Nice! This is my first car of this caliber so I'm still learning a lot. I'm not really familiar with performance parts. Tuesday I finally get my rustproofing, GlowTie, Splash Guards & RS Wheel Caps installed. I also ordered the Red Knee Bolsters & Red Hash Mark Decal but my dealer couldn't locate the two & claimed they were backordered. I didn't believe them & expressed my disappointment in paying for something I was told was available. So I cancelled the knee pads & received a refund. I'll order them later. The hash marks are a signature piece to my vehicle so I really want those.

I get a call from my dealer today saying "We have your splash guards, would you like to make appt?" I'm confused because when I stopped by the dealer to check on my LPOs & make the appt. they searched for 2 hours & found out the information above. I took possession of all my LPOs because I didn't want them to lose them. So I'm thinking "How can they have my splash guards when they're in the trunk of my car." I bet any money tgey found the bolsters but I'm hoping it's the hash marks. I'll call tomorrow.

Other options I'm looking at is the grille insert & the blade spoiler. I'm hoping there's an aftermarket SS hood as well. I'll slap that on with the body color inserts.
__________________
Pearla
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #5
Tr6
The Dogfather
 
Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Andover, KS
Posts: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
You got a head start! Boo!!!
Haha, it didn't do any favors for me nor ldejavul to grab our cars fast... Nothing out there that is in our plans or anything to start doing anything... Except bowties LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePhenom View Post
Nice! This is my first car of this caliber so I'm still learning a lot. I'm not really familiar with performance parts. Tuesday I finally get my rustproofing, GlowTie, Splash Guards & RS Wheel Caps installed. I also ordered the Red Knee Bolsters & Red Hash Mark Decal but my dealer couldn't locate the two & claimed they were backordered. I didn't believe them & expressed my disappointment in paying for something I was told was available. So I cancelled the knee pads & received a refund. I'll order them later. The hash marks are a signature piece to my vehicle so I really want those.

I get a call from my dealer today saying "We have your splash guards, would you like to make appt?" I'm confused because when I stopped by the dealer to check on my LPOs & make the appt. they searched for 2 hours & found out the information above. I took possession of all my LPOs because I didn't want them to lose them. So I'm thinking "How can they have my splash guards when they're in the trunk of my car." I bet any money tgey found the bolsters but I'm hoping it's the hash marks. I'll call tomorrow.

Other options I'm looking at is the grille insert & the blade spoiler. I'm hoping there's an aftermarket SS hood as well. I'll slap that on with the body color inserts.
Welcome to the "Game" You are on the forums so you will learn quick enough but also take EVERYTHING you hear or see with a grain of salt. "When in doubt, go OEM" because you can NEVER go wrong with OEM.

Install your splash guards yourself. For decals (hash marks) go to a company that does vehicle wrapping instead of the dealership or yourself if you can pull it off! Another thing is that ALWAYS PM Maureen here on the forums for at least a price quote. Keep in mind that local buying = tax added to purchase. Online sales = no tax (granted you buy it out of your state).
__________________
2SS, Garnet Red with Adrenalin red, NPP, MRC M6 coupe
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:49 PM   #6
Tr6
The Dogfather
 
Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Andover, KS
Posts: 2,621
Got my MRR 228 wheels, Thank you Armando for following through with the give away! I also got me a custom badge from DragonZ28 (EmblemPros) which are absolutely amazing! Better than OEM! Don't mind the pup in the pictures, she thinks she works for Customs and Immigration or TSA and has to sniff everything new that comes!




__________________
2SS, Garnet Red with Adrenalin red, NPP, MRC M6 coupe
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #7
LoCCoDEEZ
 
Drives: 2014 V6/RS
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Got my MRR 228 wheels, Thank you Armando for following through with the give away! I also got me a custom badge from DragonZ28 (EmblemPros) which are absolutely amazing! Better than OEM! Don't mind the pup in the pictures, she thinks she works for Customs and Immigration or TSA and has to sniff everything new that comes!




Are those the same size as the original rims? Those are sweet. I saw the giveaway but I never win anything, lol...
LoCCoDEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:47 PM   #8
MemBluff23
 
Drives: 19 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2015
Location: TN
Posts: 216
Can't to see the wheels on the car. Still debating if I want to get this wheels whenever I get my car, getting the same color. Nice emblem
MemBluff23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #9
Tr6
The Dogfather
 
Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Andover, KS
Posts: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCCoDEEZ View Post
Are those the same size as the original rims? Those are sweet. I saw the giveaway but I never win anything, lol...
They actually are not the same size. Will need wider tires to use em fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemBluff23 View Post
Can't to see the wheels on the car. Still debating if I want to get this wheels whenever I get my car, getting the same color. Nice emblem
Once the weather isn't in the teens, I will be putting them on the car. Without tires though.


As an update to the thread since we don't have any real mods out there, I am neglecting posting here as for me doing the performance mods are top priority but sadly we all know they don't exist yet. I am however sending out a stock Throttle Body and Intake Manifold to Weaponx to get ported which after it is ported I will post some pics of course and will install them once chevy/afe intake is released and I install them.

I have however, got my black rear bowtie installed as well as my custom badge from EmblemPros. Here are some pics. Also, massive shout out to EmblemPros again for the amazing badge and to my brother from another mother Kracka for helping me with picking the location as I was too damn torn for placement!



__________________
2SS, Garnet Red with Adrenalin red, NPP, MRC M6 coupe
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:01 AM   #10
Tr6
The Dogfather
 
Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Andover, KS
Posts: 2,621
I also just picked these up from my dealership parts' dept.




They are the rear side markers which I have already sent to VetteFX to get an LED conversion. I am also waiting on GSCreations to be finished with their clear front markers and they will be sending them to me as the very first customer.

You can check out HERE for the vettefx rear led marker pics. I am not getting the fronts done by them as I am going with GSC clear fronts.
__________________
2SS, Garnet Red with Adrenalin red, NPP, MRC M6 coupe
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:45 AM   #11
pkssauce
 
pkssauce's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I also just picked these up from my dealership parts' dept.




They are the rear side markers which I have already sent to VetteFX to get an LED conversion. I am also waiting on GSCreations to be finished with their clear front markers and they will be sending them to me as the very first customer.

You can check out HERE for the vettefx rear led marker pics. I am not getting the fronts done by them as I am going with GSC clear fronts.
Those Vette markers looked super cool, I can't wait to see what they look like on the Camaro! Are you going to keep them red, or tint them?
__________________
Ordered: 2SS Nightfall Gray, NPP, MRC, navi, auto, low gloss black wheels, black bowties

TCFCB4
1000: 12/08/2015
2000: 12/08/2015
3000: 12/10/2015
3000: 12/12/2105 - TPW 1/11/2016
3100: 12/18/2015 - TPW 1/18/2016
3300: 12/23/2015 - TPW 1/11/2016
3400: 12/24/2015
3800: 01/19/2016
4300: 01/20/2016, 4200: 1/28/2016, 4300: 1/29/2016, 4B00: 1/30/2016, 4200: 2/7/2016 (train), 4800: 2/19/2016, 5000: 2/22/2016, 6000: 2/25/2016
pkssauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:31 PM   #12
Tr6
The Dogfather
 
Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Andover, KS
Posts: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkssauce View Post
Those Vette markers looked super cool, I can't wait to see what they look like on the Camaro! Are you going to keep them red, or tint them?
I will keep em red. It will go well with the tail lights. Not gonna smoke/tint/paint them as I like how the stock lights look. I will definitely post up pics when I get em!
__________________
2SS, Garnet Red with Adrenalin red, NPP, MRC M6 coupe
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:21 PM   #13
pkssauce
 
pkssauce's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I will keep em red. It will go well with the tail lights. Not gonna smoke/tint/paint them as I like how the stock lights look. I will definitely post up pics when I get em!
I feel you, and I think the red of the car helps too. I am going for tinting the two sides and the rear reflectors, but keeping the break lights red.

I can't wait to see those installed! Did they say how long for the turnaround?
__________________
Ordered: 2SS Nightfall Gray, NPP, MRC, navi, auto, low gloss black wheels, black bowties

TCFCB4
1000: 12/08/2015
2000: 12/08/2015
3000: 12/10/2015
3000: 12/12/2105 - TPW 1/11/2016
3100: 12/18/2015 - TPW 1/18/2016
3300: 12/23/2015 - TPW 1/11/2016
3400: 12/24/2015
3800: 01/19/2016
4300: 01/20/2016, 4200: 1/28/2016, 4300: 1/29/2016, 4B00: 1/30/2016, 4200: 2/7/2016 (train), 4800: 2/19/2016, 5000: 2/22/2016, 6000: 2/25/2016
pkssauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #14
Tr6
The Dogfather
 
Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Andover, KS
Posts: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkssauce View Post
I feel you, and I think the red of the car helps too. I am going for tinting the two sides and the rear reflectors, but keeping the break lights red.

I can't wait to see those installed! Did they say how long for the turnaround?
They will recieve my OEM ones Saturday (tomorrow) and work on em Monday first thing. They said Monday, at the latest Tuesday it'll ship out!
__________________
2SS, Garnet Red with Adrenalin red, NPP, MRC M6 coupe
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.