Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

AWE Tuning

Old 05-08-2018, 02:27 AM   #1
james duperre

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
area in Dallas to buy a house

Hey guys, Wife got a new job in Dallas so it looks like we are moving. I've all ways love it there so this works out great as i HATE MD lol. Any suggestion on where to buy a house or not to buy i have a kid so schools are important as well. Also Im a current govt electrician, hows the work down there. thanks in advance guys, this would really help.
james duperre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
I'd suggest looking for a town that would give your wife a reasonable commute, traffic is quite heavy in the D/FW area and it takes in a lot of territory.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
james, the north texas area is huge. it certainly will depend on where her new company is located. The new "hot" area is north of dallas, like frisco, ana, prosper. with toyota relocating to the frisco area as well as liberty mutual, chase the housing market is booming. not easy find homes to buy and its definitely a sellers market.

construction is very strong in the area and finding a position as an electrician should not be difficult at all.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #4
rjacobs

Drives: none
yup figure out where her new job is and then find an area.

Im down south(Ellis County) and the pace is A LOT slower than up north, yet I still have access to downtown/uptown/Arlington in ~30 minutes from my door. Its also WAY cheaper down here to buy a house.
rjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
james duperre

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
thanks guys her job is in the city. we commute about 1.25 hours to work now so anything less would be a bonus lol hard to image Dallas traffic is worse that DC. Im a govt electrician so it looks like im going to have a hard time keeping a federal position down there.
james duperre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
rjacobs

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by james duperre View Post
thanks guys her job is in the city.
Like downtown?

uptown?

south of downtown?

"the city" can be a broad term when talking the DFW metroplex.

The "easier" commute to the city is from the south.

From the north you have 75 which SUCKS almost all the time, ESPECIALLY during rush hour. You also have I35E feeding into the downtown and it SUCKS too. You also have the Dallas North Tollway which is a nightmare in the mornings, but seemingly less so in the evenings.

From the south you have I45 and I35E feeding into the city. They both suck, but substantially less than the north approach. It normally takes me ~25 minutes to get into downtown from my house. During rush hour it can take 45 minutes.

Throw in a wreck or 10 every morning and your commute can turn bad from any direction.

The other thing that turned me off from living up north is everything seems to be a toll road up north. That can add substantially to your expenses.
rjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote