Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #1
kreh

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 1LT RS
Crackle Tune

Does anyone know a good crackle/burble/popping tune for the V6? I've been looking a lot and can't seem to find much. Also is there a way for me to apply this tune and still be able to pass emissions? As well as turn this on and off, as I don't want to be waking up the neighbors at 5am
kreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #2
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
i don't think your going to be able to get much of that on a v6. secondly, im not a fan of tuning for that, if its a side effect of a great street tune thats awesome but that shouldn't be your goal. 3rd, a conservative tune with catalytic converters still in place shouldn't be hard to pass the sniff test.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #3
mrkyleman

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
You can tune out any emissions codes for testing as long as they do just the OBD2 hookup. I know some places do a lot more and it might be harder to pass depending how aggressive the tune is (sniffer etc). I can't comment on where you live though because they barely even plug in where I get tested and pretty much pass anyone.

If you want something you can turn on and off easily I suggest an exhaust cutout over a tune. It will allow you to change the sound on demand as needed.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:42 PM   #4
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Not sure whether or not it helps but bone stock my V6 1LE crackles and pops (almost more than I want sometimes). Being a 1LE it does have NPP, but I can still hear the crackles in tour mode. It would be cool if it only did it in sport/track but oh well!

In any case, I'm guessing this means it is possible. But I don't think I'd mess with factory tuning just for sound.
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote