Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 01-05-2021, 07:20 PM   #15
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmjam View Post
Did you happen to buy from Smith Chevy?

Yessir!

Is that a good or a bad thing? First time dealing with them. Stupid super smooth and easy and zero hassle.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:19 PM   #16
Kevmjam

Drives: 2018 SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Yessir!

Is that a good or a bad thing? First time dealing with them. Stupid super smooth and easy and zero hassle.
That’s where I ordered my 18 ss 1le. Had a great experience with them. Congrats!
Kevmjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:32 PM   #17
3.8TransAM

Quote:
That’s where I ordered my 18 ss 1le. Had a great experience with them. Congrats!

We had one hold up lol I called them been out all morning. Did everything and they never got my phone number lol So should be ordered shortly now that they have that.

But yeah, I'll admit I was shocked and it was so easy compared to usual bullshit involved.

I know of about 4-5 1LE and ZL1 1LE owners around here now, need to have a get together or something in the spring
Old 01-06-2021, 06:17 PM   #18
Kevmjam

Quote:
We had one hold up lol I called them been out all morning. Did everything and they never got my phone number lol So should be ordered shortly now that they have that.

But yeah, I'll admit I was shocked and it was so easy compared to usual bullshit involved.

I know of about 4-5 1LE and ZL1 1LE owners around here now, need to have a get together or something in the spring
Glad to hear it worked out. I seen about 2 1le’s in the neighborhood but that’s it. Would be awesome to get together when the cold weather breaks!
Old 01-07-2021, 02:39 PM   #19
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post

And in terms of supplier pricing, this is like a rebate.
Supplier pricing isn't like a rebate. It's like dealer cash. Rebates go to the customer, dealer cash doesn't unless the dealer decides to pass it on to the customer in the form of an extra discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
The dealer gets this back from GM. So basically they are selling you the car for MSRP. Unless they are discounting the car themselves like selling it for invoice, then they are not losing a dime with passing along dealer cash, rebates or supplier/employee pricing. There is no way they lose by selling them at supplier.

Usually GM supplier pricing is like $200 over invoice. Again the dealer is not presenting that discount, GM is. And they are reimbursing the dealer for offering that discount.
The dealer only gets paid for selling at Supplier or GMS if the customer has a Supplier or GMS authorization number or if GM is offering Supplier or Employee pricing for everyone. If not, then the dealer doesn't get that money from GM. So no, it's not like selling the car at MSRP. The dealer is still discounting the car to the Supplier Price on the invoice. They just get a certain amount back from GM for discounting it to that price.

When I sell a car to a forum member for supplier pricing, if they're not eligible for supplier pricing due to their place of employment, then we get nothing extra from GM.

Depending on dealer location, Supplier can be less than invoice. In my case here in Texas, Supplier price is about $160 less than invoice on a car like the one the OP ordered. On something like a Tahoe Z71, it's about $820 less than invoice.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:34 PM   #20
Kevmjam

Did you get your car yet? I drove by Smith today and seen a Orange 1le and was wondering if that was yours?
Old 02-28-2021, 09:01 PM   #21
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Did you get your car yet? I drove by Smith today and seen a Orange 1le and was wondering if that was yours?

Just tell me it was inside :-) Yes it's mine. Did paperwork on Thurs. had to go to work and desperately trying to get enough space cleared out in garage to park it for now. Work has been killing me and drafting me on days off, so spare time has been zero.

Picking it up in the AM trow and bringing it home. Also trow I start working 12 out of 14 on nights so it's a week and a half before I even get a day off to mess with it......

But, the deal, I got the deal, had a pretty good deal and it turned into an awesome deal.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:28 AM   #22
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Ok. Crush Orange has forced my hand and its do or die time for me ordering.

I've done the round before and have a local guy I get along decently enough with, but at the end of the day I'm a bottom dollar guy. I get the deal I do the deal, if not I walk.

Easy enough car:
1SS (manual)
1LE
Crush Orange
PDR
1LE Hash Mark (my one indulgence lol)

Supplier price is 100% on the table at 44,357.45

GMS w/ freight is 43,594.95

I get to the GMS or very close I'll pull the pin. I should have 1500$ available on my GM card by delivery and assuming 500-1500 rebate range which would make it to my feel good about it point.

He's going to get back to me Sat., possibly Mon. due to holidays and who is and isn't at the dealer. There are none equipped the way at want them in my area.

I also emailed JoeP as I am not opposed to ordering from out of state, but would prefer to keep it local if possible. I was a dealer tech for 10+ years and I know for a fact when push comes to shove on things, they will see if you bought it from them or not. :-)

Am I being unrealistic? Makes sense for me to take the hit and have the car gone rather than have it sit on the lot for a few months and still take a hit. Was basing my numbers off discounts in the lot vs. sticker price on my order.

Thanks in advance
$44? I paid $70.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:13 AM   #23
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
$44? I paid $70.

Little difference between a 1LE V8 and a ZL1 1LE.......

I want one but I refuse to spend that much on a car, I'm too cheap

But I think my final is 6700 off sticker, so I think I did ok
Old 03-01-2021, 02:55 PM   #24
3.8TransAM

Quote:

She came home today. Then we went on the first extended 1LE drive.

Simply put, these cars are that awesome

I was doing double posted in roundabouts and I didn't even try to.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:29 PM   #25
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
You picked it up and didn't get us any pics?!

WTH man!
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #26
Kevmjam

Awesome! It was parked inside! I’m glad you like it! Really can’t beat these cars for the price. That orange with the black looks really good in person. I’m a tradesman so I feel you on working crazy hours. Can’t wait for the warmer weather so I can let her rip!
Old 03-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #27
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
You picked it up and didn't get us any pics?!

WTH man!

Dude, I will.

Working 12 hr nights shifts 12 out of 14 and trying to smash 10 gallons of $$%^# into a 5 gallon hat in the garage for the car.

Busy is understatement