Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 01-24-2021, 05:31 PM   #15
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Bottom line GM used the wrong type transmission fluid at the release of the A8 across the board, they finally released a fluid to correct the issue. If you read previous threads you will find if the flush is done it corrects the issue. My Colorado Z71 had the shutter problem and after the flush using the correct fluid... no issues. I wouldn’t let the fluid flush issue stop me from buying an A8.
Yet in the lawsuit they claim it as a “Design flaw” & they don’t have to cover obvious incompetence when it comes to R&D.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:37 PM   #16
cerino2000

Drives: C6 Vette
NPP is a must for me. Sometimes I don’t want to deal with the drone. The NPP gives you the choice of what you want to deal with and not adding it after the fact. I’ve had the Mag ride and never used it. To each his own of course.
cerino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:50 PM   #17
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Bottom line GM used the wrong type transmission fluid at the release of the A8 across the board, they finally released a fluid to correct the issue. If you read previous threads you will find if the flush is done it corrects the issue. My Colorado Z71 had the shutter problem and after the flush using the correct fluid... no issues. I wouldn’t let the fluid flush issue stop me from buying an A8.
My 2019 C7 was built after the latest fluid in Feb of 2019 and i had shudder at less than 400 miles.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #18
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
My 2019 C7 was built after the latest fluid in Feb of 2019 and i had shudder at less than 400 miles.
That would have made me upset too. Not acceptable.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:04 PM   #19
CHASLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
That would have made me upset too. Not acceptable.
Had rear end warble also. Took it to dealers that said they never heard of these probs and got rid of it fast.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:05 PM   #20
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocurtis View Post
What do you think a 2018 is worth? 35k seems to be pretty good. With the loaded options most are $38k+

New is $48k with same options. This one has 16,000 miles and brand new tires
Go for it! I was referring to me that I wouldn’t pay that much for a 4 model year old SS.👍
Old 01-24-2021, 06:05 PM   #21
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Build Date on your car doesn't necessarily mean the build date on the transmission reflected the new fluid. You have been crying about your C7 being a lemon since you joined the forum regarding one thing our another and how your C6 was great but the C7 was junk.. I hate you had the issues but there are a lot of guys here (with a simple search) showing they have had very good luck with the new fluid flush.

I'm a big fan of the C7 and have several friends with them. They have all said it has been one of the best Corvettes they have ever owned and most are in their 70s and owned several vettes over the years. I think yours must of been built on a Friday after a Thursday night Corvette Factory Christmas party.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 01-24-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:13 PM   #22
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Yet in the lawsuit they claim it as a “Design flaw” & they don’t have to cover obvious incompetence when it comes to R&D.
I did read that and I did the same thing but one thing to remember you got a bunch of legal suits looking for ways to minimize or prevent any payout other than getting the fluid update done.. Again so far I've had really good luck with the fluid flush as well as other on the forum. Also, funny thing GM is still using that same A8 transmission across the board in their products so if it had that big of a design issue you would think they would have moved all the cars and trucks to the A10.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:18 PM   #23
CHASLT1

Quote:
Build Date on your car doesn't necessarily mean the build date on the transmission reflected the new fluid. You have been crying about your C7 being a lemon since you joined the forum regarding one thing our another and how your C6 was great but the C7 was junk.. I hate you had the issues but there are a lot of guys here (with a simple search) showing they have had very good luck with the new fluid flush
A8 and rear end warble was not the only probs. Add big time lag and just a slow car that never had the power is should have. When i first drove my 2021 LT1 that was the way the C7 should have drove with plenty of power and nowhere near the lag. Then add cracked wheels. So adding all the new fluid in the world would have not helped with replacing a rear end at 400 miles and all of the other probs. It was a hunk of junk.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:23 PM   #24
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
I did read that and I did the same thing but one thing to remember you got a bunch of legal suits looking for ways to minimize or prevent any payout other than getting the fluid update done.. Again so far I've had really good luck with the fluid flush as well as other on the forum. Also, funny thing GM is still using that same A8 transmission across the board in their products so if it had that big of a design issue you would think they would have moved all the cars and trucks to the A10.
The tranny is fine. Very beefy unit.

I’m of the school of thought the design flaw they are referencing is actually a combination of clutching in the converter combined with the slip tables associated with AFM. The fluid just masks it. It’s been a long on-going problem with AFM. It just traditionally reared it’s ugly head past warranty. I had a V8 GTP that had a bad converter & I knew it was from the AFM.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:30 PM   #25
Memphis SS

Quote:
The tranny is fine. Very beefy unit.

I’m of the school of thought the design flaw they are referencing is actually a combination of clutching in the converter combined with the slip tables associated with AFM. The fluid just masks it. It’s been a long on-going problem with AFM. It just traditionally reared it’s ugly head past warranty. I had a V8 GTP that had a bad converter & I knew it was from the AFM.
You could be right but, if that is the case then the A10 over the long haul will not fair any better. With the A10 in the SS being a lighter version of the ZL1 trans and still having the AFM system in place you're still kind of back at ground zero..

Does the ZL1 have AFM? If I remember right it does not.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:32 PM   #26
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
You could be right but, if that is the case then the A10 over the long haul will not fair any better. With the A10 in the SS being a lighter version of the ZL1 trans and still have the AFM system in place you're still kind of back at ground zero..

Does the ZL1 have AFM? If I remember right it does not.
It’s not active.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:35 PM   #27
Memphis SS

Quote:
It’s not active.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:48 PM   #28
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I would get one with all those options. Exhaust is to subjective to get a good answer. I have the NPP and I'd never change it. I've never heard a good aftermarket exhaust on any pony car. (That's my opinion). MRC... probably the least important of the things you listed. I wish my car had the review mirror camera. I test drove a 20 2SS that had it and a Blazer that had it and I personally loved it.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote