Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #71
Red RS Drop Top

Drives: 2017 Red RS convertible
19 refresh looks petty good

You guys sound like my friends back in the day. A few drove Z/28s and few few drove IROCs (I drove modded Fox bodied Mustangs at the time) when the Camaro changed so radically in 93. Many switched to our brands because they thought Chevy went too far. Not me. I loved it. Bought a black '96 t-top Z/28 six speed. Modded the snot out of that car too.
The '19s is a tad different but I like it! The twisted spoke design of the SS wheels are really sharp...I may buy a set to put on my wife's RS. Hang in the '19 owners, they'll come around. They always do
Red RS Drop Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #72
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Might as well compare 2 ZL1's

Attachment 964062
The one on the right is so much better looking. If I was given the one on the left, I'd sell it and buy the one on the right.

The center brake light looks out of place on both.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #73
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Might as well compare 2 ZL1's

Attachment 964062
As the song of Three days grace says:

Left, right, left

Right > left wrong

... The left all day
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #74
Dsm2cobra

Drives: 2018 Tundra 2007 Lincoln Town Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
Nice try, troll. GTFO with your 3 posts.
I've been looking at getting a 6G for the past 1.5 years. I've grown up a GM guy. I personally have built a 500 whp DSM and 700 whp 03 Cobra. So here is my 4th post as an outsider to the 6G. Its just not working. The more I look at the car the worse it gets. The chopped top sports car theme is not what a Camaro is meant to be and it isn't going to work. The pre refresh looks like a cross between a Lexus and a Startreck spaceship and the 2019 looks like a 5 year old designed it. Sorry but Dodge is king in the muscle car segment and that is where I will spend my hard money. I'm just being brutally honest here.
Dsm2cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:00 AM   #75
Red RS Drop Top

Drives: 2017 Red RS convertible
Thanks but...bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsm2cobra View Post
I've been looking at getting a 6G for the past 1.5 years. I've grown up a GM guy. I personally have built a 500 whp DSM and 700 whp 03 Cobra. So here is my 4th post as an outsider to the 6G. Its just not working. The more I look at the car the worse it gets. The chopped top sports car theme is not what a Camaro is meant to be and it isn't going to work. The pre refresh looks like a cross between a Lexus and a Startreck spaceship and the 2019 looks like a 5 year old designed it. Sorry but Dodge is king in the muscle car segment and that is where I will spend my hard money. I'm just being brutally honest here.
Yeah, Dodge is King! NOT! I like the Challenger but unless it is a Hellcat and unless your at a dragstrip 24/7, 365; a Camaro will beat a Challenger in every other performance parameter you name. I've built Mustangs (one was in Muscle Mustangs), modded 350z, modded Camaros and can state the 6th is the total package. With that being said, you won't see me trolling other sites trying to piss on others Joy. See ya'!
Red RS Drop Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #76
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsm2cobra View Post
Not a bad post. Sorry if I was harsh.

A few things to consider. First, go drive one. Prior to buying, I rented a '16 SS, a '16 Mustang GT, and a '16 Challenger (just headed to the airport, since they all have that "pick your own car" thing now, walked through the lot, and noted who had what car). I drove each for a day, without a salesperson, doing my daily stuff (work, pick up kids, etc.). Mustang was nice, but I didn't like the interior. Challenger handled more like a 60s muscle car (wallowed a lot). The Camaro had the best handling.

Second, get in a Camaro and judge the visibility for yourself. Yes, it's a low roof and high window sills. But, adjust the mirrors properly (side mirrors show the SIDE, not the rear), and see what you can see. I can follow a person walking around my car at a distance of 5' and never lose sight of him. Sure, you can't see many clouds above you. And, you can't see that thing that's underneath your door. But, when you're driving, do you need to see clouds or storm drains?

Dollar for dollar, the Challenger can't touch the Camaro. Maybe in a 1/4 mile, but once there is a turn, not even close. Even the Mustang doesn't quite keep up. Check out the "Esses" at NOLA Motorsport Park (turns 8-12).

I drove my car (on 1yo stock tires) there at a Track day last April-ish. Through those turns, measured by data logger, I averaged 89mph. Later that same day, I rented a Lamborghini Huracan 610-4. Although it runs on a slightly different track layout (meaning you can't compare lap times), I was able to rewatch the on-board video, time how long it took to go through that section, and extrapolate an average speed. My average in the Huracan was 88mph. And, I was driving the Huracan as hard as I could. Even if I wasn't getting 100% out of it, there's no way that a $50k Camaro should even be close to a $250k Lamborghini.

Anyway, you may eventually make the same decision you are thinking about now. But, drive them all. And, not with a salesperson in the car. Rent them for a day and drive them.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #77
00 Trans Ram

One other thing that the OP photo doesn't capture that's "HORRIBLE" about the 19s?

Unless you can turn it off COMPLETELY, I don't think I will ever own a car with these features. My wife's Acadia had it, and it almost CAUSED 2 wrecks in the first 3 months of ownership. It functioned perfectly. But, there would be a car slowing/stopped in my lane, but instead of stopping myself, I'd speed up a bit to get past the car next to me, and change to the next lane. Twice, just as I'm pulling in front of the car in the next lane, the damn Acadia decides I'm going to hit the car and starts beeping and flashing lights on the windshield. If it'd have had that auto-braking thing, I'd have been rearended both times.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #78
cskipgo

Drives: 2019 2SS A10 Shadow Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
One other thing that the OP photo doesn't capture that's "HORRIBLE" about the 19s?

Unless you can turn it off COMPLETELY, I don't think I will ever own a car with these features. My wife's Acadia had it, and it almost CAUSED 2 wrecks in the first 3 months of ownership. It functioned perfectly. But, there would be a car slowing/stopped in my lane, but instead of stopping myself, I'd speed up a bit to get past the car next to me, and change to the next lane. Twice, just as I'm pulling in front of the car in the next lane, the damn Acadia decides I'm going to hit the car and starts beeping and flashing lights on the windshield. If it'd have had that auto-braking thing, I'd have been rearended both times.
Our 19s don't have auto-braking. At least, I see no mention of it in the manual or the setting screens. (Not felt it at all either)

We do have Forward Collision Alert, which should help the countless rear end collisions I see on California roads almost daily. You can turn it off, or set the sensitivity, so it is a great extra bonus.

I appreciate everyone having their own opinion about the 2019. I am getting lots of positive comments, but probably from non-enthusiasts.
cskipgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #79
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Saw my first refreshed SS up close leaving Chevy-sponsored Test Track in Epcot a few days ago, and I have to say I liked the look a lot more there. Still prefer the styling of my 2017, but the refresh still looks mean in person. I don't know what it is that makes it translate so poorly (in my opinion) to photographs.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #80
00 Trans Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskipgo View Post
Our 19s don't have auto-braking. At least, I see no mention of it in the manual or the setting screens. (Not felt it at all either)

We do have Forward Collision Alert, which should help the countless rear end collisions I see on California roads almost daily. You can turn it off, or set the sensitivity, so it is a great extra bonus.

I appreciate everyone having their own opinion about the 2019. I am getting lots of positive comments, but probably from non-enthusiasts.
Yeah, I don't think it has auto braking. Just the alarm. And, good news that it can be turned off. I'd have to at least try to disarm it (or remove the sensor? cover with tinfoil? etc.) if I owned one.