Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 09-17-2016, 11:06 PM   #15
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Lol im sorry, but are my eyes playing with me? Under color, did he really write "GAY"?!?!? So he cited a gay ford mustang?!? Wtf? LOL i cant believe this guy exists!
Old 09-17-2016, 11:07 PM   #16
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Nice. My girl would approve as well.

I look at speeding in the same way that states seem to be looking at federal laws against weed. Situationaly.

If you have a car built to go whatever speed you're going and you're confident in the conditions and your skill and there aren't other cars around (or you're not going significantly faster than them) then you're fine. If you're racing other cars, weaving in and out of traffic or going 30+mph faster than the traffic around you... you're probably being unnecessarily risky and should be fined at least.

Speed in of itself is usually not the cause of an accident but difference in speed with other cars. Unless you have a mustang. In that case, trying to go fast at all leads to your ass losing traction and you being magnetically pulled towards the nearest bystander or vehicle.
The road was 100% clear in front of me. It's a mostly flat, straight shot. And by the time I came up on any car, at the off ramp, I was down to 50ish. Completely reasonable for the road. I really do think the cop was just butthurt he couldn't keep up, combined with how in stride I was taking it. If I knew he was trying to pull me over, I would have pulled over. I just never even noticed because when he did hit his lights, he was so far back I couldn't see him. I have never run from getting pulled over. I know I drive like an ass sometimes and I'm aware of the consequences. Sometimes, in the right car, I just have no ****s to give. I weigh the pros and cons and, sorry, but the pros of pinning it and just going always out weigh the cons of possibly getting pulled over and fined/arrested for it.

The point I was trying to make was...that dick called my car a Mustang. Let's not lose sight of the REAL issue here.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:09 PM   #17
Com69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
Lol im sorry, but are my eyes playing with me? Under color, did he really write "GAY"?!?!? So he cited a gay ford mustang?!? Wtf? LOL
Omg, now I'm doubly insulted. Not just fighting it, fighting it with ATTITUDE now.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:11 PM   #18
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
Omg, now I'm doubly insulted. Not just fighting it, fighting it with ATTITUDE now.
Lol how dare you drive fast in that gay ford mustang!!! this cop is golden!
Thanks for sharing with us, this is the hardest ive laughed on these forums. I would so frame that ticket
Old 09-17-2016, 11:12 PM   #19
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
The road was 100% clear in front of me. It's a mostly flat, straight shot. And by the time I came up on any car, at the off ramp, I was down to 50ish. Completely reasonable for the road. I really do think the cop was just butthurt he couldn't keep up, combined with how in stride I was taking it. If I knew he was trying to pull me over, I would have pulled over. I just never even noticed because when he did hit his lights, he was so far back I couldn't see him. I have never run from getting pulled over. I know I drive like an ass sometimes and I'm aware of the consequences. Sometimes, in the right car, I just have no ****s to give. I weigh the pros and cons and, sorry, but the pros of pinning it and just going always out weigh the cons of possibly getting pulled over and fined/arrested for it.

The point I was trying to make was...that dick called my car a Mustang. Let's not lose sight of the REAL issue here.

Indeed. I don't see how you can trust, legally, anything he says if he can't tell the difference between a camaro and a mustang. The fact that you didn't crash should have given it away.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #20
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
If you have a decent Judge, he should dismiss it since the ticket is factually incorrect, wrong plate, wrong make, can't prove it was you, period.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Old 09-17-2016, 11:19 PM   #21
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Plus, isnt the make and model on the damn registration he asks for? Cant he read? Wait, dumb questions. Obviously not.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:33 PM   #22
Com69
Banned

Quote:
Plus, isnt the make and model on the damn registration he asks for? Cant he read? Wait, dumb questions. Obviously not.
Seriously, can't copy shit from one piece of paper to another but the court should take his word on my "clocked" speed. Like I said, morally wrong, but his insults were morally wrong also. And everyone knows two wrongs make a right.

The funniest part to me is, I had the SHITTIEST week ever, almost posted about it(door panel sharpness, a bee, split pants and so much more). I said last night(with a stiff....drink in my hand), that there was no way this week could possibly get worse. And then.....this. I could not help but laugh, hysterically.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:33 PM   #23
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Lol im sorry, but are my eyes playing with me? Under color, did he really write "GAY"?!?!? So he cited a gay ford mustang?!? Wtf? LOL i cant believe this guy exists!
Probably GRY for gray

I understand no one likes getting a speeding ticket but to me getting a Mustang and Camaro mixed up is not much worse than going 150 in a 55..
Old 09-17-2016, 11:33 PM   #24
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Maybe calling your car a Mustang was his plan. Thinking this may bother him more than the ticket?
Old 09-17-2016, 11:57 PM   #25
Vectors2Final

Drives: 17' Camaro 2SS 16' Jeep GC SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCullen View Post
He got all the details wrong. It will be dismissed.
This.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:16 AM   #26
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Probably GRY for gray

I understand no one likes getting a speeding ticket but to me getting a Mustang and Camaro mixed up is not much worse than going 150 in a 55..
I dont see the R you see. If anything, this genius just missed the R... among other things. Still funny tho.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:39 AM   #27
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
The funniest part to me is, I had the SHITTIEST week ever, almost posted about it(door panel sharpness, a bee, split pants and so much more).
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:47 AM   #28
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
It would be safer if he just arrested you. Clearly with your attitude and speeding issues, you are a nuisance to the public. I'd say he had a right to be pissy with you given you have show no consideration for others on the road. There's a thread on here about those who shouldn't buy an SS, you are clearly that type.

Closed Thread