Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-15-2022, 10:10 AM   #29
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyc4 View Post
yeah best option would be to bypass the bose and pull from the main radio unit if they can make you a harness.
I think that comes out over MOST and is not workable.
There are other threads here. I think others used multiple speaker-level feeds into an audio processor to get a full-range line level signal. There may now be something that integrates with MOST. Either way, there are no cheap options.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:40 PM   #30
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
I'm not sure what outputs go from the radio unit to the amp in a Bose setup. They are probably not speaker outputs at all, maybe line level or maybe just digital signals? There are probably threads on that here, but I've been focused on the super-simple system we get in our 1LEs.

Honestly, for a Bose-equipped 2016 (MOST), I would start with an interface like the Nav-TV M650-GM. I know it's a hit to the budget, but you'll get an ideal starting point with full-range, line-level outputs to which you can then attach amps and speakers at any price point you wish: no EQ, no time delay, nothing. There will be no cutting factory wires, and you'll know you have good inputs to your amp(s). It also lets you attenuate chimes and other alerts to factory levels instead of gaining volume like the music. And if you start with small/cheap amps and speakers, you can always upgrade later if you want, but at least you'll always have the foundation to build on coming out of the interface.
Old 04-16-2022, 06:55 AM   #31
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Yea, Lucky me with the Bose system! Honestly, the Bose sounds great in my Silverado, but I think they failed on the Camaro Convertible. I have only seen one or two people post here that they have upgraded their convertible, and the ones who have spent a TON of money. Trying to stay on a budget here!

-Geoff
You can use the PAC AP4-GM61 I believe. There is one for sale on DIYMA right now.
Also the NAVTV device, which is more expensive.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 02:03 AM   #32
deathbyc4

Drives: 18 camaro 1ss 1le
Update 6/2023

Haven't changed much in the setup other than multiple sessions of tuning. May switch to a ported box and one sub at some point just to see a full comparison. While the current setup is super accurate on the bass, it doesn't quite have that feel of a ported box. Mind you, it can and will hammer you with bass if its turned up.

Had a weird bass level issue, felt like it was getting lower over time (like a 6-1 year timeframe) but fixed itself the other day, or at least roughly the amount of level i compensated for in tuning seems to have gone up. Checked the resistance of the subs and they are still the same as the day i installed them. very odd.
deathbyc4 is offline   Reply With Quote