Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-11-2021, 05:57 AM   #1
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Camaro vs Motorcycle

I'm just curious... Do any of you guys/gals also have a motorcycle? I've been finding now that I have the Camaro that my motorcycle sits a LOT more. I have had a bike my entire life. I've had muscle cars on/off my entire life too. I just have never noticed that when wanting to go enjoy some cruising time, that I now almost always choose the Camaro. Don't know if it's just the car, or maybe my age and the risks of riding... etc. Any of you guys know what I'm talking about?

I've actually been giving some thought to selling the bike and just hanging up riding.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:07 AM   #2
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
These days with kids on their phones all the time I’ll take a cage please.

I had a bike for a short time in my 20s (40 now). Got rid of it after I had kids, only felt comfortable driving in the country. Just wasn’t fun knowing I’m a fender bender away from being 6 feet under or disabled.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:15 AM   #3
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
yes.
i have been an avid biker since i was 16. around 41 years. loved bikes all my life untill i hit about 50. old age i think takes the shine away from biking. when you're younger you dont mind if it's a bit cold or a bit windy. as i get older my bike gets used less and less.
having it comfortable in older age is more important than flying about on the back wheel.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:26 AM   #4
Yang N’ Bang
17’ Hyper Blue 2SS

Drives: 17’ Camaro 2SS
Have an r6. Don’t think it’s even a case of favoritism because I love to ride and in az you can do it most of the year, it’s more because people seem to pay less and less attention every day and I’m trying not to be seriously injured or die by 30.
Yang N’ Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:34 AM   #5
semif18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE White
Rode motorcycles my whole life (I'm 51). Switched to high performance cars about 8 years ago and never turned back. I watch MotoGP, still think bikes are cool, but I honestly have more fun in my ZLE now. Every once in a while I'll get the "bug", you know what I'm talking about, but nothing that will get me to ride again.
semif18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:44 AM   #6
jamala00

Yep, that is exactly where I'm at and the same age as most of you that responded. I'm 51. Distracted driving is something that concerns me more then deer when I hope on my bike. At least I know that it's not just me. I think you guys are spot on with exactly what I'm feeling. I do still enjoy a good ride out in the country here/there, but I just do not find myself caring anymore if the bike sits. I used to ride as long as there was not ice on the roads and now as others of you said, the Camaro is far more comfortable in inclement weather and I feel far safer in it. I've always enjoyed riding, but I also don't want to die doing it. Seems like I've flirted with that for a long time and have been fortunate. Been in 1 bike accident, it was bad enough, but obviously I lived through it.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:47 AM   #7
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
yes.
i have been an avid biker since i was 16. around 41 years. loved bikes all my life untill i hit about 50. old age i think takes the shine away from biking. when you're younger you dont mind if it's a bit cold or a bit windy. as i get older my bike gets used less and less.
having it comfortable in older age is more important than flying about on the back wheel.
I think that's it right there. I'm 51 now and for the last couple years, I'm losing more and more interest. I don't think I'm quiet at a point of selling it and hanging mine up for good, but I think I'm headed there.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:48 AM   #8
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
I've been riding/owned a bike for many years now. I often found that the car would sit more than the bike. The bike is easier to hop on/off, much faster, uses less fuel, etc. I used to ride in early spring, before the snow was even gone, but I don't do that with the bike I have now..
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:40 AM   #9
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
I first thought you were referring to digs versus bikes
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:34 AM   #10
Rhobz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I am 43 and have been riding motorcycles since I was 19. I do still have and love my Dyna. However, I moved to CO last October from SoCal. In CA, I was able to commute on the bike, plus I could ride at night and on the weekends almost all the time. Now, here in CO, I work from home so no commuting. Then the nice warm weather days are few- and far between so when they come on the weekend I have to choose whether it is a bike day or a Camaro day so the bike does get used MUCH less. I have also considered selling the bike but I am going to wait through summer first so I can get a true feel for how much riding I will do.
Rhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:04 AM   #11
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Same story here. Sold motorcycle for the Camaro.
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:20 AM   #12
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhobz View Post
I am 43 and have been riding motorcycles since I was 19. I do still have and love my Dyna. However, I moved to CO last October from SoCal. In CA, I was able to commute on the bike, plus I could ride at night and on the weekends almost all the time. Now, here in CO, I work from home so no commuting. Then the nice warm weather days are few- and far between so when they come on the weekend I have to choose whether it is a bike day or a Camaro day so the bike does get used MUCH less. I have also considered selling the bike but I am going to wait through summer first so I can get a true feel for how much riding I will do.

This is kind of where I'm at to now I think. Last year I bought the Camaro and the miles on the bike got very minimal. I think I'm going to give it this year as well and see. If the miles on the bike are even fewer then last year, then I think I'll put it for sale.
Old 05-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #13
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
early 50's here. currently on a z650 as a commuter. my 7th bike since '04. I don't ride anymore for pleasure but do commute daily as the weather here justifies it. I'm only 7 miles to work and no freeway. if I was going any further or on the freeway here I'd have probably sold already. too many nutjobs here with a west coast mentality.....

lived in WI(green bay) for 4 years and didn't ride much there due to weather BUT talk about some nice people on the road. one reason roundabouts are so big there and are a trainwreck here. too many me me me here...... that's the only thing I think about every time I gear up to go to work.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:09 AM   #14
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
early 50's here. currently on a z650 as a commuter. my 7th bike since '04. I don't ride anymore for pleasure but do commute daily as the weather here justifies it. I'm only 7 miles to work and no freeway. if I was going any further or on the freeway here I'd have probably sold already. too many nutjobs here with a west coast mentality.....

lived in WI(green bay) for 4 years and didn't ride much there due to weather BUT talk about some nice people on the road. one reason roundabouts are so big there and are a trainwreck here. too many me me me here...... that's the only thing I think about every time I gear up to go to work.
Distracted drivers are by far my biggest concern. Everyone is on their dang phone these days. I've been on my bike on the freeway at 80mph and someone blows by me like I'm standing still and they have their face in their phone. I no longer ride on the freeway's unless I have no other route.

I really enjoy driving my Camaro. I just can sit and enjoy driving it and don't have all the concerns you do while riding on the bike.

Last edited by jamala00; 05-11-2021 at 11:49 AM.