Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-24-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
install issues JL amp HD900/5 new head unit and JL sub

Hey guys, need some help to get over the hump...no local help, or tech support by phone due to the virus.

I've installed a new head unit AVIC Pioneer 8500NEX
PAC Kit with GM 4101
FARK harness(version 3) with the short rear jumper harness for back
speakers(capacitor was added in harnness with this kit)
Boston Acoustics amp removed
JL HD900/5 installed
JL sub 10w7AE-3 and ******** box
using stock boston speakers for now
wired sys. with Knukonceptz wiring and RCA's jacks
rear speakers are wired with 12g directly to rear speakers. with capacitor still in use.
front speakers are wired to rear Boston Amp. connector at rear of vehicle.
RCA's run from head unit to amp. for sub and speakers.
power from battery is 0ga to distrubution block, power to amp 4ga., and amp ground 4ga.

I have a mechanical background except for some in depth areas in Audio.

question when setting up the head unit it asks: set to standard speakers or network speakers. which I found out network speakers means for component speakers. I'm not sure how the fronts speakers are wired from the factory. I'm running one channel for side up front, but the tweeter and mid bass are seperate speakers in the door. is there some sort of crossover built in? are they standard speakers or network speakers. The pioneer manual says to set it right or I can damage the speakers.

I have everything hooked up and trying to set my input sensitivity or gains. all settings are set to counterclockwise low setting.
I've tried burning several CDs, loading a memory stick, and SD card. for a sine wave 50hz and 1khz. the car doesnt like the CD discs. comes back as error or can't read. I burned it to a Dvd+r and CD-R. I could be doing something wrong in burning it or wrong disc. type
I'm using the download sine wave from JL audio website.

Any Ideas How to do this the simplest way. or the right formatt on a disc, or right disc. or it would seem a memory stick would be the easiet.

I know the front speaker wiries could be an issue sound wise since I'm using the stock gauge wires. to the front speakers. The fronts speakers arent very loud right now but could be because my settings arent set right. I don't want to crank it up over 1/4 of the way til I get my gains set right.
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:36 PM   #2
lionssfan

where does PAK connection go

l
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
Old 04-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #3
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I think standard if you bypassed the factory one.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #4
lionssfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
I think standard if you bypassed the factory one.
that's what I would think but thers nothing in the instructions

Edit Signature
Old 04-26-2020, 06:16 AM   #5
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
If its wrong you can always change it only takes a couple minutes to remove the radio.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:41 AM   #6
Aziz2233

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
There's a method to set gains using a multi-meter and a calculate when the gain is set, how much power is supposed to come out. i think theres a YouTube video on it. it will give you a safe area to set gain as you dont want to be way off and damage speakers.
Aziz2233 is offline   Reply With Quote