Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-04-2019, 07:03 AM   #1
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
looking at buying a 2013 zl1 Navagation question

not sure if this car has an on screen map display for navigation or does turn by turn mean a voice tells you when to turn? if there is no map that comes up on the screen how easy it to a upgraded to a map display. below is the three rpo codes related to the display screen and navigation description from the build sheet from GM's vin number. thanks

UDY - COLOR INFO DISPLAY (CID) 7", WVGA, TOUCH SCREEN

UE1 - * 6 MTHS ONSTAR DIRECTIONS AND CONNECTIONS WITH AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE, TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION AND ONSTAR REMOTELINK (ASK DEALER ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)

UFU - AM/FM STEREO COLOR TOUCH RADIO W/ 7" SCREEN DISPALY
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:17 PM   #2
z28lt1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I don't believe that car has nav. It would be option UHQ. So, yes, you are only getting OnStar turn by turn which is voice and a message, but no map (will require an OnStar subscription as well).

It's not hard to swap out to a nav radio, but you have to purchase a head unit and it needs to be programmed as well to work with your specific car.

Here's on option to do so:

https://www.gen5diy.com/products/13-...gation-upgrade

and even comes with the needed GPS antenna.
z28lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:20 PM   #3
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Yep love the Mylink upgrade from Gen5 DIY
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:18 PM   #4
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
I don't believe that car has nav. It would be option UHQ. So, yes, you are only getting OnStar turn by turn which is voice and a message, but no map (will require an OnStar subscription as well).

It's not hard to swap out to a nav radio, but you have to purchase a head unit and it needs to be programmed as well to work with your specific car.

Here's on option to do so:

https://www.gen5diy.com/products/13-...gation-upgrade

and even comes with the needed GPS antenna.
Thank you, thats great information you sent me. One more question, so why do I need a subscription to onstar.
I have Cadillac with nav it works fine without a subscription. Thanks
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #5
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
Thank you, thats great information you sent me. One more question, so why do I need a subscription to onstar.
I have Cadillac with nav it works fine without a subscription. Thanks
You don’t need a onstar subscription for nav, you do need a subscription from XM for Nav traffic.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #6
z28lt1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
If you have the NAV radio, you don't need a subscription to OnStar.

If you DON'T have nav radio and want the car to give you directions, you do that through OnStar (or use a phone or an external GPS)
z28lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:06 AM   #7
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
wow $950!
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote