Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-04-2019, 02:44 AM   #1
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Anyone have a stock ride feel on coilovers. Who has them?

Who's got them? who can set me up with the right person or manufacturer. thanks
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:57 AM   #2
Mcdizzle

Drives: 2 2014 SS 1LE, 2010 Nissan Titan
I'm loving my ridetech HQ's
Mcdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:36 AM   #3
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Pedder's are another great option. I went through RDPstore, they're a vendor here and very helpful by phone or email. You'll be able to get stock ride feel with any decent coilover setup as they are very adjustable. I have my Pedders set very firm but even with the added damping it's not harsh.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Ridetech HQ’s hands down. Pedders supercar and regular Pedders or BC Racing are either to bouncy or to stiff. Had supercars, which are double adjustable for four years. Could never get them the way I liked. Valving wasn’t done well and The spring rates are to stiff for the valving. More designed for racing on a road course.
Ridetechs you can get whatever spring rates you want for your purpose. Note any coilover will be more firm then stock because of the higher spring rates, but Ridetechs were made for the Camaro so the tide is very good.

Call JDP and they will set you up
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Ridetech HQ’s hands down. Pedders supercar and regular Pedders or BC Racing are either to bouncy or to stiff. Had supercars, which are double adjustable for four years. Could never get them the way I liked. Valving wasn’t done well and The spring rates are to stiff for the valving. More designed for racing on a road course.
Ridetechs you can get whatever spring rates you want for your purpose. Note any coilover will be more firm then stock because of the higher spring rates, but Ridetechs were made for the Camaro so the tide is very good.

Call JDP and they will set you up
Thanks man you hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what I'm experiencing. I have peddlers now and that is what I'm experiencing to bouncy or stiff. Michigan roads don't help the matter either, their the worst. I've had mine for 6 years now and ready for a change. I thought of going with a different spring rate might help. And it would be nice to test drive before purchasing a something. I looked at HQ ridetech awhile back the cost was steep, but really might not have a choice at this point. I love the car and the stance, just tired of the ride. thanks for your input.
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
Thanks man you hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what I'm experiencing. I have peddlers now and that is what I'm experiencing to bouncy or stiff. Michigan roads don't help the matter either, their the worst. I've had mine for 6 years now and ready for a change. I thought of going with a different spring rate might help. And it would be nice to test drive before purchasing a something. I looked at HQ ridetech awhile back the cost was steep, but really might not have a choice at this point. I love the car and the stance, just tired of the ride. thanks for your input.
I looked at lower front rate close to what I have now on the Pedders. Consensus not sure it would work well . Wasn’t going to waste time and more money on them.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #7
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
ride tech here also great ride for sure the solid metal upper bearing mounts transmit a few road impacts but the noise is not bad for the performance, get ready for some serious cornering
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:14 PM   #8
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have used the ridetech as well and ride was really good. Could get them fairly soft and the valving could handle it.

Only set up I used that I liked better was Detroit speed, but they are twice the price.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:41 AM   #9
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
I have used the ridetech as well and ride was really good. Could get them fairly soft and the valving could handle it.

Only set up I used that I liked better was Detroit speed, but they are twice the price.
Yeah, set them all to 20 clicks from stiff, softest useable setting and cruise in comfort down the freeway. You only feel a few soft hits from bumps from the springs