Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 05-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #617
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
This was my fast run from an event yesterday. Really happy with how the car handles dynamically at this point, my only complaint about the suspension is that it's too digressive, so it's quite underdamped at high shaft velocities. I kinda knew that just by looking at the shock dynos, but hitting the big bump on the back side of the lot confirmed it.

https://youtu.be/Bg2gytHTJWo

This was top index, fastest car on street tires. Two small mistakes on the run, but is otherwise solid. Got really close to a few cones.
Nice job. I'm just impressed you knew where to go. I am terrible on those cone puzzle courses.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:10 PM   #618
funked1

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
Someone had posted an interesting angle of the running from yesterday. Kinda cool to see how close I was to the cones, at least through the one slalom.

https://youtu.be/kJo_-u93gqk?t=727
That's really cool. I can get that close to cones... Right before I drive over them.
Old 05-03-2021, 05:57 PM   #619
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Nice driving, looks like you came a fraction of an inch from every cone on the driver's side!
Yea, I didn't realize I was getting so close. I hit a couple cones Saturday, which is a bit unusual, so I suppose I shoulda known. A few of those were really risky, they must have wiggled a bit as I passed by.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:14 PM   #620
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
had a diff issue one run, went into one wheel peel mode, had pedal on two others. if you watch at the end I put my hard pedal moment in there. Lacked some confidence this weekend. Could also be the day after my second cover shot I wasn't feeling... good lol
Okay, so I'm not crazy. At a local event yesterday I got a fair amount of one-wheel-peel, along with a couple moments of hard pedal (ice mode). We're on the same tires now, but I think I'm using less front bar than you (BMR bar on its softest setting). I might bump it up stiffer, but it turns in so well and never oversteers for me on the Falkens that I don't want to give up any front grip. Hmmm.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:47 PM   #621
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Okay, so I'm not crazy. At a local event yesterday I got a fair amount of one-wheel-peel, along with a couple moments of hard pedal (ice mode). We're on the same tires now, but I think I'm using less front bar than you (BMR bar on its softest setting). I might bump it up stiffer, but it turns in so well and never oversteers for me on the Falkens that I don't want to give up any front grip. Hmmm.
After doing the 1st race of the season yesterday, the eLSD tune is a night and day difference.

Now I realize without the tune the LSD's behavior varies from corner to corner in tight autox courses. I thought it was other factors, such as my poor driving... Unfortunately, the stock eLSD seems to be a liability for autox.

As far as results, there's a '17 SS (non-1LE) in X-CAM-C running 18x12s and 335 square rivals, he's usually top 5 PAX. The car is ridiculously fast, it can keep up with some purpose built cars with nearly no mods. So if you go CAMC it's not like you won't be competitive anymore.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #622
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
After doing the 1st race of the season yesterday, the eLSD tune is a night and day difference.

Now I realize without the tune the LSD's behavior varies from corner to corner in tight autox courses. I thought it was other factors, such as my poor driving... Unfortunately, the stock eLSD seems to be a liability for autox.

As far as results, there's a '17 SS (non-1LE) in X-CAM-C running 18x12s and 335 square rivals, he's usually top 5 PAX. The car is ridiculously fast, it can keep up with some purpose built cars with nearly no mods. So if you go CAMC it's not like you won't be competitive anymore.
Glad the tune worked out. Out here in SoCal none of the “Performance dealers” listed as being able to do it say they never heard of it nor want to do it. Liability they say. Running the front hotchkiss sway bar set in the middle with my 305/30/19 stones really helps . Set soft, nannies off I would get a bit of exit oversteer, but very controllable. Ptm no issues. On middle setting all ok, unless I cause the issue.
That’s on 95 lap tires and on a surface that is very low grip.
Guess I will soldier on with this setup since I can’t get the tune😡
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:58 PM   #623
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Coned away a top pax last Sunday ugh. Hit the 3rd cone on the last slalom before the finish. I hate watching videos of myself because I look like a wreck behind the wheel lol.

Any critique is welcome

Here's the timing link

http://live.axti.me/live/590a692714b...29d42017bed5cc
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z

Last edited by joelster; 05-18-2021 at 10:40 AM.
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:26 PM   #624
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White

cold, wet miserable, cold... cold... wet, drying conditions didn't help my pax but we made the most of it.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:31 PM   #625
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:

Video from this weekend. A little unhappy with the car, didn't feel I had my best effort.

had a diff issue one run, went into one wheel peel mode, had pedal on two others. if you watch at the end I put my hard pedal moment in there. Lacked some confidence this weekend. Could also be the day after my second cover shot I wasn't feeling... good lol

So...that same thing happened to some friends who were running a '18 1LE last week in One Lap of America. Went out for a track session in Memphis and the diff acted open the whole session. After the session they pulled the battery cable and then the car happily did a 2 wheel smoky burnout.

Out of an abundance of caution, they changed diff fluid (even though it was fresh) and replaced the battery. They didn't have a problem with it the rest of the week.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:45 PM   #626
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
So...that same thing happened to some friends who were running a '18 1LE last week in One Lap of America. Went out for a track session in Memphis and the diff acted open the whole session. After the session they pulled the battery cable and then the car happily did a 2 wheel smoky burnout.

Out of an abundance of caution, they changed diff fluid (even though it was fresh) and replaced the battery. They didn't have a problem with it the rest of the week.
I'm taking my car in for a 2nd time next week to have the battery tested.

A few months ago I got a warning on the dash, followed by a slow crank on a cold morning. The battery's voltage was low, it was about 50% discharged, but it took a charge and passed the dealer's test.

Since then I bought a CTek battery charger and have been using it regularly, the battery loses charge and hence voltage over time for sure. At a certain point it's going to cause issues with the car's electronics and imo it could explain the rear diff issue.

If the dealer doesn't replace the battery I'll probably just buy an Optima and charge it monthly with the CTek in hopes of it lasting longer.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:11 PM   #627
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
I'm taking my car in for a 2nd time next week to have the battery tested.

A few months ago I got a warning on the dash, followed by a slow crank on a cold morning. The battery's voltage was low, it was about 50% discharged, but it took a charge and passed the dealer's test.

Since then I bought a CTek battery charger and have been using it regularly, the battery loses charge and hence voltage over time for sure. At a certain point it's going to cause issues with the car's electronics and imo it could explain the rear diff issue.

If the dealer doesn't replace the battery I'll probably just buy an Optima and charge it monthly with the CTek in hopes of it lasting longer.

These cars get really flaky when voltage is low. IMHO, the heat in Florida kills them pretty quick (i'm on my 3rd) and the car starts to exhibit random annoyances. I have a NOCO now that I will use on mine from time to time.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:48 AM   #628
funked1

This was just a test and tune but this run made me happy. So ready for the next points event!
Old 05-10-2021, 01:13 PM   #629
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Quote:

Video from this weekend. A little unhappy with the car, didn't feel I had my best effort.

I see that they lump a lot of cars into the "X" index class. I'm assuming that's only if a particular class doesn't get 3 or more entrants? You guys look like you have a strong turnout for your events. I'd like to head up there but its probably 6 hours away for me.

Are you sponsored by autocross digits or do you work for them? I order stuff from then all the time.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:52 PM   #630
funked1

Quote:

cold, wet miserable, cold... cold... wet, drying conditions didn't help my pax but we made the most of it.
Looked super smooth. I like the wet part but not the cold part.