Drives: 2012 2LS
Not gonna happen.
bbnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:05 AM   #44
brap999

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I’ve never bought a car to impress people or make a statement. I bought my first Corvette (an LS3 C6) when I was in my mid 20’s, and didn’t give a damn what anyone thought. It was all about the performance potential — light weight car that can make a ton of power without much effort. That car made 720 rwhp and could run with an Alpha 9 GTR.

That said, I don’t think the C6 and C7 (at least the Z51/GS/Zxx models) carry the midlife crisis stigma like older generations. At least not any more than the 6th gen Camaro carries the mullet cut, Pabst blue ribbon drinking, wife beater wearing stigma.

I’d love an LT5 powered Camaro, but I also doubt it’s going to happen.
I have a mullet, drink pabst, and wear wife beaters when I'm not at work, whats the issue
1998 Dodge Viper GTS
1972 Pontiac GTO
1963 Chevy C10 short bed, T5, 350, lowered
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:08 AM   #45
lightsOUT

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Krypton Green
I’m a Miller Lite guy myself.
lightsOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:54 AM   #46
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I wonder if ADM has fit the GM2650 it in a ZL1 yet.. He's had the blower in his shop for a few months now. Robert (Zeus Zl1) had me on the phone and Andy in the background heard him say he wanted to do it for 10k..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #47
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I wonder if ADM has fit the GM2650 it in a ZL1 yet.. He's had the blower in his shop for a few months now. Robert (Zeus Zl1) had me on the phone and Andy in the background heard him say he wanted to do it for 10k..
10k with direct port?
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #48
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brap999 View Post
I have a mullet, drink pabst, and wear wife beaters when I'm not at work, whats the issue
Haha...nothing. Whatever floats your boat. Just saying, those are the stereotypes of the Corvette and Camaro of old. I don’t think either truly applies these days.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:29 PM   #49
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think we all know that everyone would love having the LT5 in the ZL1. But what nobody has mentioned yet...how much are you willing to pay for one? My ZL1 with all the options and add-ons MSRP'd at $69K. The way I see it, the LT5 could easily add another $10K to that price. Which would make the LT5 optioned ZL1 anywhere from $65K (stripped down) to $80K (fully loaded with extras). So exactly how many can afford a Camaro that costs that much? Of the ones who could, how many would actually buy one over a Z06 even tho it has the LT4? It sounds all well and good but I doubt I'd pay that much at this point in time for a Camaro.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:01 AM   #50
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I think we all know that everyone would love having the LT5 in the ZL1. But what nobody has mentioned yet...how much are you willing to pay for one? My ZL1 with all the options and add-ons MSRP'd at $69K. The way I see it, the LT5 could easily add another $10K to that price. Which would make the LT5 optioned ZL1 anywhere from $65K (stripped down) to $80K (fully loaded with extras). So exactly how many can afford a Camaro that costs that much? Of the ones who could, how many would actually buy one over a Z06 even tho it has the LT4? It sounds all well and good but I doubt I'd pay that much at this point in time for a Camaro.
Yep. That and the fact the cost of re-engineering a majority of the car to accept the LT5 will increase their cost average and therefore final pricing. I bet the markup would be north of $10k and you’d be looking at a $79k starting price and could hit upper 80s all said and done. At that point, what good is a Z06? Or conversely, why not buy a Z06?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:22 AM   #51
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I probably should not be even commenting on this thread but, only because so many of you bring up "age", "old fart" and "baby boomer". Being 70 and owning one fast Z/28, I probably should be breaking the stereo type mold you all think I belong in.

I don't want or need a Corvette to feed my ego or be part of any trendy group. I am an old school muscle car guy that has evolved with the times in modern muscle. With that being said, I think Gm might just be working on a 6th gen Z/28 and surprise everyone. They are in the horse race to win and I think there is every reason to believe they are going to introduce a new engine to the Camaro lineup. Time will tell.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:37 AM   #52
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
I'm probably in the minority but I would pay 80k for an LT5 powered ZL1. The RedEye is gonna be more than that. I would also take an LT5 powered ZL1 over a Z06 any day. Hell, I'd take an LT5 powered ZL1 over a ZR1, assuming I could buy a ZR1 for 80k. But that's just me. An LT5 ZL1 would be the perfect vehicle.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:19 AM   #53
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Yep. That and the fact the cost of re-engineering a majority of the car to accept the LT5 will increase their cost average and therefore final pricing. I bet the markup would be north of $10k and you’d be looking at a $79k starting price and could hit upper 80s all said and done. At that point, what good is a Z06? Or conversely, why not buy a Z06?
Everybody wants the best of everything until they see the bill...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I'm probably in the minority but I would pay 80k for an LT5 powered ZL1. The RedEye is gonna be more than that. I would also take an LT5 powered ZL1 over a Z06 any day. Hell, I'd take an LT5 powered ZL1 over a ZR1, assuming I could buy a ZR1 for 80k. But that's just me. An LT5 ZL1 would be the perfect vehicle.
Sure you probably would and a few others probably would. But exactly how many would buy it at that price is more the question. It would have to sell well enough to justify it's existence and I don't see that happening.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:21 AM   #54
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:

Sure you probably would and a few others probably would. But exactly how many would buy it at that price is more the question. It would have to sell well enough to justify it's existence and I don't see that happening.
Maybe as many as Dodge sold Demons.. 3000 cars and most paid 15-20k over sticker..GM has to make a muscle car with the wow factor. And to your question “why not buy a z06 for the price” maybe a lot of people dont relize the Z06 is a tough car to daily.. no back seat ( I know, I know they don’t count.. but they do.. I can fit my 4 year old I pickup on the way from work) As a M7 Z06/Z07 owner I can say it’s a weapon to drive.. more like going on a ride when you get into it.. but far from a daily (at least in NY). The suspension kicks my ass, it wants to scrape everything, the comp seats are very hard, it’s LOUD inside and out, gets almost too much attention... I can go on. I’m considering a A10 ZL1 and would most def buy a LT5 ZL1 to daily drive. I have a daily and the Z now and the Z only gets out 1 or 2 times a month. It’s a thrill then drive a boring car the other 28 days.. that’s the reason.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #55
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:

My friend has no qualm's about paying $95k for a Demon so it appears there are people who have the mind set of "If you build it we will buy it". When a production "limit" is placed on a vehicle before it is ever built it drives up the price of said vehicle which doesn't help the consumer. Eliminate the cheap plastic parts inside the interior with composite parts. offer a healthy LT5 with
the A10, a couple gear ratio options, build the suspension and differential to withstand the added power and it will be a top demand Chevy. Give the buyer what he/she wants and they will find the cash to buy with. Be brave Chevy, make a statement. Lose Nanny in the process and let the driver have control.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #56
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Again it isn't about IF the car will sell. Sure there are lots of people who will buy it. The question is IF it will sell WELL enough to justify it's existence. Sure people paid for the Demon and even paid markups. But how many people are going to do that for a Camaro? The Z28 carried a high price tag and it did not do well in sales at all. Is GM ready to try that again?