Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-09-2021, 09:32 AM   #57
TCCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I do believe that they will still build at least some of the 2021s in system right now. This week is the last consensus for 2021 Camaro so they're still allocating units to dealers.

If I had to guess, at the very minimum, they're going to extend 2021 production to build what they already have scheduled(cars at 3100 and higher). Some cars that are at 3000 might not get built though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

If you have an order in with a dealer that isn't at 3000 status, you're probably out of luck on a 2021. If it were me and I was still waiting on a 2021 allocation, I'd go ahead and just have the dealer order a 2022.
Okay that makes sense. As far as I know my order status wasn’t at 3000 or higher level status yet, but if I somehow get lucky mine was the first in line to get built from the 3 remaining allocations my dealer had. I guess we will wait and see. Thank you for all your insight I appreciate it
TCCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:57 PM   #58
Paulman

Drives: Slow Corolla
I was today that my order isn't even being accepted because of the shortage.

I was also told that the last ordering "cycle" ended yesterday but that there are multiple ordering "cycles" coming. I'm not sure if this means more '21 orders will be accepted.

Does this sound right?
Paulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:53 PM   #59
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
My dealer said he'd turn on Onstar to help track when he returned, but of course is on holiday for a week. Delivery ETA was last month 16th.

I discovered there was a CSX Teamster rail strike. Some trains got to Strike sights and literally turned around to support Strike apparently.

The irony of such things is corporations dont get hurt, us working folk. I literally dont have car right now. Such a drag.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:30 AM   #60
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulman View Post

I was also told that the last ordering "cycle" ended yesterday but that there are multiple ordering "cycles" coming. I'm not sure if this means more '21 orders will be accepted.

Does this sound right?
The new cycles for 2022 start at the end of the month. Basically dealers can place orders for them now but allocation won't be sent out until the end of the month.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:29 PM   #61
Paulman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post
The new cycles for 2022 start at the end of the month. Basically dealers can place orders for them now but allocation won't be sent out until the end of the month.
OK thanks for the help.
So I guess the car would then be a '22?
Old 04-10-2021, 03:51 PM   #62
Hitman84

Quote:
OK thanks for the help.
So I guess the car would then be a '22?
I believe I read from a forum member tuesday is final day for 21 cycle if your dealer had allocation. so yes, most likely you'd be ordering a 22
Old 04-10-2021, 06:13 PM   #63
Paulman

Quote:
I believe I read from a forum member tuesday is final day for 21 cycle if your dealer had allocation. so yes, most likely you'd be ordering a 22
OK thanks! Sorry for the basic questions from the newb. My first GM product and first time ordering a car.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:25 PM   #64
TCCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS V6
Quote:
Do you know where you read this or can you point me in the direction please?!
TCCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:27 PM   #65
Hitman84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCamaro View Post
Do you know where you read this or can you point me in the direction please?!
It was from GearheadSS in one of the other threads talking about orders or 22 model year. I don't remember exactly which one.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2021, 12:51 PM   #66
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
OK thanks! Sorry for the basic questions from the newb. My first GM product and first time ordering a car.
Too bad you have to go this crap but you can't change some things. Hope you get a good deal on your 2022.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:00 PM   #67
Paulman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Too bad you have to go this crap but you can't change some things. Hope you get a good deal on your 2022.
Thanks appreciate that.

I've already gotten the vague answer about not knowing what incentives will be available. Also didn't get a commitment on making a deal up front from any of the dealers I've talked to. Of course they already have my deposit. All supply and demand I guess.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:40 AM   #68
noodleface

Drives: '13 BRZ 6MT
Quote:

Does this sound right?
This is what I was told as well. I placed my order for a ZL1 1LE on 1/6/21 and the order has not been accepted yet. The ETA at that point was a May delivery but now it's "fluid".

FWIW, I'm a sales manager at a Subaru dealership and the chip/semiconductor shortage is affecting a ton of manufacturers, not just GM. We're due to see half the cars we normally expect in Q2 and we expect delays on rolling out MY22 cars with our Indiana factory closing for two weeks later this month and the Japan factory closing several assembly lines already.
noodleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:09 PM   #69
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleface View Post
This is what I was told as well. I placed my order for a ZL1 1LE on 1/6/21 and the order has not been accepted yet. The ETA at that point was a May delivery but now it's "fluid".

FWIW, I'm a sales manager at a Subaru dealership and the chip/semiconductor shortage is affecting a ton of manufacturers, not just GM. We're due to see half the cars we normally expect in Q2 and we expect delays on rolling out MY22 cars with our Indiana factory closing for two weeks later this month and the Japan factory closing several assembly lines already.
It's just not only cars and trucks but basically anything that is digital electronics. Tv's computers etc. But yet the manufacturers still advertise their products knowing that they can't make them. They ought to put a warning on all commercials that says due to chip shortage the product will be available at a later date.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:28 PM   #70
Bears 2ss

Drives: 2021 2ss camaro
Does someone have an idea if the camaros already built get the semiconductor chips installed an sent to dealers before the plant starts building more cars or restarts assembly line.
Bears 2ss is offline   Reply With Quote