Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Phastek Performance

Old 03-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Nick1297

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Grey
Unhappy Rear Diff Broken and Cause two trannys to go

I have a 2016 2SS with 14,394 miles on it. In August of 2016 I took my car to the dealership with 10,146 miles because I noticed smoke coming from my tailpipes and oil covering the rear of my car. Dealer looked at the car and said "Checked for leaks, none present, but the vehicle was 1/2 Qt Low". I was given the car back the same day. Went back two weeks later with 10,611 miles and was told that the differential oil cooler outlet hose had a "poor fit". They replaced it and returned the car back to me 8 days later. I still continued to notice the smoke coming from my tailpipes and the oil on my rear so I went to the dealership numerous times just to be told "don't worry about it its just burning off the rest of the oil that leaked before the repair". I stupidly listened to what they said. Then in October I brought the car to the dealership again, this time with 12,360 miles because I was still having the same problem but now I was also having transmission issues and a horrible engine whine. The car would not go into gear at some points. They said they found the mainshaft bent and since GM was not in production with the parts needed to fix the tranny they just replaced the whole transmission and returned it to me almost a month after. Then December came. The car has 14,353 miles on it. The car STILL continues to leak oil. The dealership looks at the car for just a few minutes and tells me the car is leaking rear differential fluid from several seals and fittings and then told me that my "rear is shot" and said they weren't going to cover it. BECAUSE MY TIRES WERE LOW ON TREAD. The car sat there till February and then I decided to take the car and have someone else fix it because I was fed up with Chevy. The day I pick up the car while on the highway just cruising I decide to downshift to 4th and it would not go in. I was locked out of all my gears! I finally got the car into 4th just for it to suddenly pop out a minute later. I then put my clutch in got my car into 3rd but my clutch would not come back up. I painfully smelt the burning of my clutch, pulled over and turned off the car. I then had the car towed from a nearby spot right off the highway back to the dealership. They looked at the car and all of a sudden I now I have no fourth or second gear. And they still refuse to cover it because of some bald tires. What do I do? I love this car but I can't deal with the stubbornness of GM. PLEASE HELP!
Nick1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #2
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Take it to another dealer
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL?!?! WHAT?!?! They won't fix your car that has been having the same issues for months because of some tires?!!? You need to take that to a different dealership and talk to someone that can actually help you out. I have heard of powertrain warranties going out for some simple things but tires?? Really?!

Keep us updated OP.

Best regards,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #4
Nick1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL?!?! WHAT?!?! They won't fix your car that has been having the same issues for months because of some tires?!!? You need to take that to a different dealership and talk to someone that can actually help you out. I have heard of powertrain warranties going out for some simple things but tires?? Really?!

Keep us updated OP.

Best regards,

Kayla L.
When the car broke down I had taken it to the closest dealership but they said they couldn't do anything cause they already flagged my car so I had to have it towed back to the dealership I had bought it from
Old 03-06-2017, 06:48 PM   #5
Paro

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS A8
Something's not right here.
Paro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #6
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Start blowing up GM's corporate customer service lines. They called me a few months after I snapped an axle making sure everything was taken care of. You still have a power train warranty, assuming it's still stock. Tire wear has nothing to do with it. On top of that it's a known and documented problem. Definitely take it to another dealer, since the one you bought it from obviously doesn't care. They also send out surveys reguarding their service. Make sure you fill that out and give them the lowest possible rating. The more people that do that, the less likely GM is to allow them to keep their Franchise.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
Nick1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
Start blowing up GM's corporate customer service lines. They called me a few months after I snapped an axle making sure everything was taken care of. You still have a power train warranty, assuming it's still stock. Tire wear has nothing to do with it. On top of that it's a known and documented problem. Definitely take it to another dealer, since the one you bought it from obviously doesn't care. They also send out surveys reguarding their service. Make sure you fill that out and give them the lowest possible rating. The more people that do that, the less likely GM is to allow them to keep their Franchise.
I have been calling GM's customer service all week got word yesterday that they said they aren't going to cover it. Now I'm debating going to court with them. This is really becoming a hassle. And why should I continue to pay for a car that I can't drive????
Old 03-07-2017, 10:02 AM   #8
Cdflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1297 View Post
I have been calling GM's customer service all week got word yesterday that they said they aren't going to cover it. Now I'm debating going to court with them. This is really becoming a hassle. And why should I continue to pay for a car that I can't drive????
Definitely talk to a lawyer. Try to find someone that specializes in lemon law and similar issues. They'll be able to tell you exactly what your options are.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #9
Nick1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
Definitely talk to a lawyer. Try to find someone that specializes in lemon law and similar issues. They'll be able to tell you exactly what your options are.
Already done as of today hopefully I'll find out soon. Service manager tried telling me that the differential went from reving the car to 5K rpms and dumping the clutch. Also said my tranny was the only one that failed in the country but if you read around on the internet and on these forums you can see that what they are saying is straigh B.S. . Other people are having problems similiar to mine. Thank you everyone
Nick
Old 03-07-2017, 03:28 PM   #10
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1297 View Post
Already done as of today hopefully I'll find out soon. Service manager tried telling me that the differential went from reving the car to 5K rpms and dumping the clutch. Also said my tranny was the only one that failed in the country but if you read around on the internet and on these forums you can see that what they are saying is straigh B.S. . Other people are having problems similiar to mine. Thank you everyone
Nick
The service manager is a idiot! I have seen this type of behaviour before in the past from a couple service mangers, this guy should not even be employed, jack asses like this really piss me off, what ever happened to the customer is always right? Did he physically see you rev your car to 5k rpm and dump the clutch? Was he sitting in the passenger seat while you did this? Of course not, it's your word against his and they need to prove that. Do not back down and get a lawyer.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #11
Cdflyer

Speaking from experience.....5K launches on slicks don't hurt the rearends or the trans.

Guaranteed something was wrong from day 1. I'm even 90% positive that 5K launches with an additional 150 hp aren't going to hurt either of them. I only say 90% since I haven't done it yet and I don't foresee even needing to. It'll probably be more like 4K....
Old 03-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #12
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Buy some new or used back tires and try a different dealership. Kind of joking but kind of not. Sorry man. Dealing with these things suck.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:46 AM   #13
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
Yeah i'm going to have to agree with OP unless we are missing something. Uneven sized tires (not just wear) can cause differential issues, but not transmission issues. Worn tires at 14k miles is, well, normal. My GYs were toast at about 9k, but that is with a few autocross events on them. Per GM, if you take it to the track, you are still covered under warranty. Where in NY are you located (you can PM me if you want)? I had the worst customer service experience at one of my local Chevrolet dealers.
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:47 AM   #14
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Have you thought about reaching out to the local news? Publicity can really get things working in your favor.

Tags
gears, help me, manual transmission, rear differentail, warranty