Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-04-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Need opinions on extended warranties

Hey Guys,

I have a 2016 manual SS. It still has a little bit of time on the powertrain warranty left. Anyway I was looking to get an extended warranty (don't plan on tuning the car) Here are my questions:

1) What are your opinions on the GM extended warranties versus the aftermarket ones that the dealerships also sell? It seems like the aftermarket ones cover slightly more things but I could be wrong.

2) I'm sure y'all are familiar with GM giving us the run around on warranty. Do you think they'd be more incline to do the work if I choose the aftermarket warranty?

3)Gm doesn't cover bad batteries or battery cables (probably because they suck in those departments). The aftermarket one didn't say they did or didn't (I will ask). Do you guys think aftermarket ones would cover one of these?

4) Have any of you had success with gm protection plans or aftermarket plans sold by GM?

6) Do you guys know if GM is negotiable on price for their warranty plans? They knocked 500 bucks off the aftermarket one without me even asking, but i think it's because it wouldn't be priced competitively without doing it.

I just want to point out the car isn't my daily. Years matter more than miles to me. The aftermarket one is actually very customizable in regards to choosing your years versus the miles. I'm just not sure which one I trust more to honor their warranty and fix my car when something is wrong. They are priced similarly by the way. Thanks for you opinions.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote