Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-28-2019, 12:07 AM   #1
Darkpassenger91

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Help! Can’t get more than 1K off a 19 ZL1 locally

I finally decided to pull the trigger on a ZL1. Wanted a Garnet Red but missed the 19 order cycle and none available locally. So I went with my second choice, 19 ZL1 A10 Convertible Nav Black and found two local in SoCal,

Car A at 73,785 w/ CF insert
Car B at 73,300 no CF insert and windscreen already included.
Both sitting on the lots for at least two months but only 3 miles on the odometer. (Likely no test drives at least)

I got an online price from B at 70,964 incl the 1.5k incentives but I wanted the insert so I went to A first.

They had it marked up to over 75k with paint protection, theft etching and door guard “protection”. After going back and forth for an hour they’d agree to take the $700 etching away and would only give me $1000 off MSRP plus the 1.5k in GM incentives for a price of 72k

If 1k is the best I can do off a local one I think I should wait and just order a ‘20 Garnet through Becky or Mike the Chevy dude.

Am I crazy or are they?
Darkpassenger91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:51 AM   #2
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
I'd buy used. These things depreciate $10K overnight. You sure you want a convertible? I'm in SoCal too and being always sunny, it's like driving an oven on wheels. My g/f had a vert and I couldn't stand it except at night.

Oh, and the dealer is crazy I think, not you.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
I'd buy used. These things depreciate $10K overnight. You sure you want a convertible? I'm in SoCal too and being always sunny, it's like driving an oven on wheels. My g/f had a vert and I couldn't stand it except at night.

Oh, and the dealer is crazy I think, not you.
Verts have their limitations, with additional maintenance. Early morning and evening best times to drop the top.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:52 PM   #4
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Somethings to keep in mind...In general, MSRP and Dealer Invoice are not much apart in the scheme of things, generally around $1500-$2000 on ZL1s. If there are no incentives, customer cash, or conquest running, all the dealer can do is take away from their front end profit. By giving you a $1000 off, which isn't a bad discount, they took their gross profit down significantly. If you don't finance through them, buy some protection packages, etc. they aren't all that better off for selling it to you than keeping it for advertising. Having the ZL1 in the window may help bring in 1-3 customers that will buy Equinox's and make them more in profit than selling the ZL1 ever could. Dealers don't have a 20% margin to negotiate with you, or a 100% like traditional retail. GM keeps that margin on the car when they sell it to the dealer (whatever the number is) at near list pricing and then chooses what to do with the margin afterwards in the form of incentives, customer cash, conquest cash, etc. to help move inventory.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, order, price, zl1