Phastek Performance

Old 06-07-2019, 01:14 PM   #15
Want1

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBlkZL1 View Post
Install starts on Monday!
So, how did it go?
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these...
Want1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:38 PM   #16
cirpower

Drives: Camaro ZL1
subscribed

Does this work for road course racing, e.g. 20 minutes of "hard" driving?
cirpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:11 PM   #17
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I can't see it working on road course if the RPMs are high and 100% throttle.. I thought cars have 2 protection modes.. Under 100% its probably less just a #the compressor turns off and then if you turn that feature off in the ECM there is a RPM limiter on that controls compressor.

thing to do is have a second compressor that's electric like on the hybrids cars that runs all the time.. that what the road course guys are doing..

I'm kind of confused I have had 3 well known shops say they are no good and can't keep up under medium to long load. the videos I see are all idling and like a 1 gear pull..

then you got some people saying there the best!

1 other question that hasn't been addressed to my knowledge..

does it work better with a smaller amount of water/antifreeze hence stock system or does it improve 10 fold with a 5 gallon reservoir and bigger exchanger... and are the videos we see with these 2 mods.. or should I say 3 (reservoir, exchanger, and chiller)

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:48 PM   #18
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
i have one of these but haven't installed it yet. my understanding is you remove the factory heat exchanger.

there are all kinds levels you can take something like this too. I am going MAX effort.

level 2 drag pack(I think it is just another heat exchanger so you double pass the fluid/Freon) i dont have this part yet.

an over sized fluid tank

2 sperate fluid loops, one that goes from the tank to the pump to the hx back to the pump. another that goes from the tank to another pump to the intercooler back to the tank. with this setup you can keep the loop through the intercooler off until you want it and cool the hell out of the fluid. when you kick the 2nd pump on you get a rush of cold fluid into the intercooler.

also a jumbo intercooler. I am hoping for sub ambient iat's at the end of a 1000+hp 1/4 mile run.

there is also a "race" valve that diverts the Freon so it doesn't go into the cabin. some set ups use one pump but have a diverter valve in the fluid line so it skips the intercooler until you command it to open and pump super cold water through the intercooler. lots of ways to do it.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #19
parish8

my question for a kit like this, is it worth it.

for my set up I will likely save about 5psi of pressure drop across my intercooler vs my air/air, drop iat's at least 100deg, make something like 150 more hp at a given boost level.

also add something like 50-100lbs depending on the size of fluid tank but it will be in the back of the car.

that all sounds good but how does that compare to just adding 5-6psi of boost? current iat's are around 160 at the end of a run. with the higher boost they would likely be close to 200deg. does that matter? heck if I know but i like playing with this stuff.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #20
TripleBlkZL1

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10 & 18 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want1 View Post
So, how did it go?
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these...
The shop couldn’t figure out how to install it with the information that was given to them.. there’s no other shop in my area (Illinois) I trust to work on my car. I have no idea what to do with it now...

2018 2500HD Duramax
TripleBlkZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:50 PM   #21
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Lethal garage has a video going over the install. It does involve discharging the ac system and recharging. You have to make lines and there are tee lines they custom machines to go in between the ac line junctions.

Then you have to recharge the ac system to the new recommended amount of Freon.

I gained a lot of information from the video I watched and also found very little in the way of information from the company that makes it. The lines are ac lines and require a special crimper and install kit. You’ll need not only the shop to install but someone that can do automotive ac
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:03 PM   #22
TripleBlkZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2018_ZL1 View Post
Lethal garage has a video going over the install. It does involve discharging the ac system and recharging. You have to make lines and there are tee lines they custom machines to go in between the ac line junctions.

I gained a lot of information from the video I watched and also found very little in the way of information from the company that makes it. The lines are ac lines and require a special crimper and install kit. You’ll need not only the shop to install but someone that can do automotive ac
I know and I sent them the link to the video..

2018 2500HD Duramax
Old 06-07-2019, 08:09 PM   #23
parish8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2018_ZL1 View Post

the ac part isn't too bad if your handy. I happen to have a vacuum and gauge set from doing some mini splits, cheap harbor freight stuff. you do need a crimp tool, adapters, Freon(r134a works fine in place of 1234yf) your charge amount is based on watching for bubbles in the provided site glass. the company is very secretive and you don't get the detailed instructions and videos until they ship the interchiller to you. it seems to me their product is nice enough they don't need to be secretive about it, people would still buy it. their heat exchanger is way bigger than anyone elses.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #24
newchevyman

Drives: 2017 Camero ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBlkZL1 View Post
The shop couldn’t figure out how to install it with the information that was given to them.. there’s no other shop in my area (Illinois) I trust to work on my car. I have no idea what to do with it now...
If you decide to sell it let me know. My suggestion otherwise is if you're dead set on using it take it to a different shop or reach out to Complete Street Performance as they've had success with theirs on a 6th gen ZL1.
2007 Z06 H/C/I/E Half Mile - 169 MPH. Sold.
newchevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #25
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I can't see it working on road course if the RPMs are high and 100% throttle.. I thought cars have 2 protection modes.. Under 100% its probably less just a #the compressor turns off and then if you turn that feature off in the ECM there is a RPM limiter on that controls compressor.

thing to do is have a second compressor that's electric like on the hybrids cars that runs all the time.. that what the road course guys are doing..

I'm kind of confused I have had 3 well known shops say they are no good and can't keep up under medium to long load. the videos I see are all idling and like a 1 gear pull..

then you got some people saying there the best!

1 other question that hasn't been addressed to my knowledge..

does it work better with a smaller amount of water/antifreeze hence stock system or does it improve 10 fold with a 5 gallon reservoir and bigger exchanger... and are the videos we see with these 2 mods.. or should I say 3 (reservoir, exchanger, and chiller)
From my understanding, this isn't a viable option for extended road courses / events. This is mainly for street and drag strip. Turn the Interchiller on to get the temps down from heatsoak then before you make your run, you turn the AC off, so I don't believe the interchiller is actually running while you're at wide open throttle. It's meant to bring the temps down afterwards, not keep the temps down during the run. Like I said, I may be wrong, but that's what I gathered.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #26
TripleBlkZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by newchevyman View Post
If you decide to sell it let me know. My suggestion otherwise is if you're dead set on using it take it to a different shop or reach out to Complete Street Performance as they've had success with theirs on a 6th gen ZL1.
I’ve decided to sell.. I was honestly going to take it to CSP but if something goes wrong with the system I don’t want to keeping driving 640 miles to have it fixed. I’ve been contacting shops in my area and I can’t find one that has installed an interchiller before.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556090

2018 2500HD Duramax
Old 06-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #27
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
That sucks. Isn’t the Weapon X plug n play? Maybe go that route?
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #28
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
That sucks. Isn’t the Weapon X plug n play? Maybe go that route?
Yeah they're only 4-ish hours away from Chicago ... vs. 12hrs to CSP.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote