Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-08-2019, 07:20 AM   #15
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Performance Dealer

Ok, here's what I was told by my Advisor Alicia, what a Performance Dealer is.
Being a Chevy Performance Center is just that we sell the Performance Parts –we have an accessories department that also install most parts.

So if you want OEM Performance Parts, look no further than Don Hewlett in Georgetown.
And if you want Great CS, ask for Alicia!
Old 06-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #16
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
Hi OVRKLL,

Thanks for the updates, and asking the performance dealer question, much appreciated.

I've been to Capitol once more since my last post, to get the A8 shudder addressed. And they didn't. Said there was a transmission update available, and after installing said the shudder was gone. It was shuddering before i arrived home 15 minutes away....

So, will probably be going back again for the shudder. Not sure if this will be my last time to try and work with Capitol service. Given the reviews on Don Hewlett, i may just have to bear the Austin traffic and start going there, if Capitol can't get it right, in a reasonable amount of time. Ugh.

Thanks again for the update!
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:24 PM   #17
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
You're welcome Eric10905!

When I had my suspension system service issue, they had to check it out 3 times. When I first took it in, at pick up, the warning message was on. So I basically left the car and went back into the loaner.
They replaced a sensor, but the problem was a loose wire at the connection.

I didn't mind it so much and understood the problem was a difficult one to find being it was electrical. Plus I use to work at a Toyota Parts Distribution Center, and knew how these things may not always be corrected the first time

What I found Don Hewlet was so comforting is they didn't care if I purchased the vehicle from them or not when providing me a loaner. And they always had a loaner, which was always a new one. The newest one had only 11 miles on the odo...it was a Malibu, actually a nice riding car. And so is the New Blazer, the first time I got that one it had 110 miles on it.

Alicia is also a great Service Advisor and will try to get the work done on warranty.

If Capitol is getting you a loaner, you may want to give them another chance since they are more conveniently located to you.
I hope they get it fixed on the next round.