Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

AWE Tuning

Old 06-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
MATTY-1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Any 1LE Houstonians?

Ive owned my camaro for about 10 days now and really keeping my eye out for others and havent seen a single one. Any Houstonians on the forum? If so what side of town are you in, any organizations or clubs/meets you're involved in?

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
TxJacket

Drives: BMW
I’m in Houston. I have been doing track days with Chin, and there’s another ss 1le there as well as a zl1 1le occasionally.
TxJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #3
MATTY-1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJacket View Post
I’m in Houston. I have been doing track days with Chin, and there’s another ss 1le there as well as a zl1 1le occasionally.
good to meet you. where are you tracking at?

Past:
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
Old 06-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
We've got a couple in the H-Town Camaro Club and I'll be getting a 19 as soon as they start building them. Hope to see you around.

Join up with the large CamaroVan next month headed to Camaro Fest. Only one or two spots left to run the 3.1 mile NCM Track.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #5
high_climber

Drives: 2017 1LE Hyper Blue Metallic
I’m in Houston! Took my 1LE to BMW CCA autocross a couple months ago and had a blast. Enjoy the sweet ride!
high_climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
MATTY-1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We've got a couple in the H-Town Camaro Club and I'll be getting a 19 as soon as they start building them. Hope to see you around.

Join up with the large CamaroVan next month headed to Camaro Fest. Only one or two spots left to run the 3.1 mile NCM Track.
Thats quite a hike i might have to catch a youtube video of that one. Id love to though. I am following that page on facebook. I look forward to meeting some new folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_climber View Post
I’m in Houston! Took my 1LE to BMW CCA autocross a couple months ago and had a blast. Enjoy the sweet ride!
What part of houston. Im on the northside aldine area.

So far ive heard of grandsport speedway in hitchcock texas, where is this place located at? Ive been using a racing rig on my xbox one and its about time i do the real thing with the new 1le.

Past:
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
Old 06-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY-1LE View Post
Thats quite a hike i might have to catch a youtube video of that one. Id love to though. I am following that page on facebook. I look forward to meeting some new folks

What part of houston. Im on the northside aldine area.

So far ive heard of grandsport speedway in hitchcock texas, where is this place located at? Ive been using a racing rig on my xbox one and its about time i do the real thing with the new 1le.
Definitely a ton of you tube videos already out there and more to come. Last year we had the very 1st 1LE's running the track. Will be more of them this year and plenty of good videos to come.

I'm also up North just a bit further than you. Great color choice with Garnet Red on this car. The GM guys at fest really thought that was a good combo.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:20 PM   #8
MATTY-1LE

Quote:
Definitely a ton of you tube videos already out there and more to come. Last year we had the very 1st 1LE's running the track. Will be more of them this year and plenty of good videos to come.

I'm also up North just a bit further than you. Great color choice with Garnet Red on this car. The GM guys at fest really thought that was a good combo.
Thanks, oddly enough i really wanted a white one and considering this color combo was the cheapest 1le in the state of Texas i went for it. I am at about 950 miles and almost done with my break in period. People are already telling me about track days so keeping that in mind. Have already changed the oil (couldnt help it). Whats your take on the below statement from the owners manual?

"Should the vehicle be used
for racing or competitive
driving (after break-in), the
rear axle lubricant must be
replaced beforehand"

Past:
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
Old 06-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Thanks, oddly enough i really wanted a white one and considering this color combo was the cheapest 1le in the state of Texas i went for it. I am at about 950 miles and almost done with my break in period. People are already telling me about track days so keeping that in mind. Have already changed the oil (couldnt help it). Whats your take on the below statement from the owners manual?

"Should the vehicle be used
for racing or competitive
driving (after break-in), the
rear axle lubricant must be
replaced beforehand"
Yes, you will need to do that after break in and also change brake fluid to DOT4. 2nd set of tires for street is a must too as you will go through these F3's very fast, but they are awesome on the track. Parkway Chevy in Tomball had a white one at a really good price a couple months ago, but I wanted the new Crush color. Other than that your Garrett is perfect. Not many of those around at all.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #10
MATTY-1LE

Quote:
Yes, you will need to do that after break in and also change brake fluid to DOT4. 2nd set of tires for street is a must too as you will go through these F3's very fast, but they are awesome on the track. Parkway Chevy in Tomball had a white one at a really good price a couple months ago, but I wanted the new Crush color. Other than that your Garrett is perfect. Not many of those around at all.
I am at 1300 miles now, getting close to end of break in period and slowly starting to drive it more aggressively when i want. Will the dot 4 be okay for regular street use? I will say these F3s are phenomenal with grip and when they go out i want to buy some more lol. First time in my life ive had a race car that got grip.

Past:
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
Old 06-25-2018, 12:56 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
I am at 1300 miles now, getting close to end of break in period and slowly starting to drive it more aggressively when i want. Will the dot 4 be okay for regular street use? I will say these F3s are phenomenal with grip and when they go out i want to buy some more lol. First time in my life ive had a race car that got grip.
Yes, DOT 4 is perfect for the street too. I asked GM about why they didn't do this from the factory and they said because it doesn't last as long as DOT 3.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #12
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
My neighbor across the street has SS1LE, in Porter
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #13
zoutlawss

Drives: 2018 1LE
check out this guy he lives in Houston

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZS0gbaXTLNJUdH7_3hQ1A
zoutlawss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:33 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoutlawss View Post
check out this guy he lives in Houston

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZS0gbaXTLNJUdH7_3hQ1A
Never seen this guy around town here... but cool to hear he's going to Camaro Fest. Wonder if he knows there is a large convoy leaving Houston for BG.