Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > International Regions > Europe (Continental)

AWE Tuning

Old 06-18-2019, 10:09 PM   #15
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
awesome, enjoy the little piece of America

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #16
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
LOL, not quite. So a few mods to the car before shipping - it now has Helix rear lights with sequential amber flashers, as needed for the UK test before registration. I have a third smoked brake light as well, but will fit that after the test, as the original will be wired up as foglight for the test. Looking to get it to the port over the weekend, and then sails out of Miami 1st July. Hoping to get it out before the 4th July weekend as that will inevitably delay it further
...so is she sailing across the pond already? You must be pretty antsy by now

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:34 AM   #17
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
So it's started it's journey!
Left Florida, dodged Hurricane Barry and is currently in Houston, on it's way 'in the right direction' shortly. Next stop Savannah on Saturday.
Attached Images

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:57 AM   #18
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Has to be nerve racking! Awake each morning just wondering where she is. The look on your face when that container is off loaded and finally opened for your viewing!
Old 07-17-2019, 06:31 AM   #19
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Quote:
I thought I'd officially introduce myself!
My journey for a ZL1 started almost two years ago as a replacement to an HSV R8 Clubsport I'd owned and loved for 8 years. Similar to the Pontiac G8, but with a supercharged LS2 pushing 700bhp - and the most heavily modified one outside of Australia.
So during my ownership, nothing came along that floated my boat enough to change - 911 Turbo, GTR, Charger Hellcat...until I saw the ZL1
So the rest, as they is say history.
The challenges however, were immense:
-Chevy don't and won't sell the ZL1 in the UK (and in fact by the end of the year won't be selling any V8's)
-Chevy US wont sell a non U.S resident without a U.S address a new one.
-The majority of dealers won't and aren't set up for Export sales.
-Buying privately is fraught with risks
-There is no warranty once it leaves the Country.

If you can get passed that (!) there's the additional costs to consider: getting it to a port, clearing customs, maritime insurance, unloading, paying 30%(!!) duty and Tax, making it compliant with UK road laws...and then finally it's in my Garage. So as you can tell, some proper commitment to get it here - and then getting used to driving on the 'wrong' side

Anyway, to cut a longer story short, it's on it's way and it's ticked all my boxes:
2018 (must have the low washer level indicator ) Mosaic black, carbon hood, sunroof and PDR.
Mods have already started, so coming with the car will be:
1LE grill (dive planes are here already, but debating how they'd look with a standard ZL1 splitter)
Helix smoked LED rear lights with switchable sequential amber indicators
Rotofab intake
Tony Mamo throttlebody
ACS rockguards
Curb Alert
Weathertec mats
carbon dash and gear surround....the list goes on and on

Once here, I'll look at an Interchiller, headers, pulley, cam and tune.
Should be on a Boat next week and landed end of first week July.
Getting properly excited now!
Very nice ride! Welcome to the forum!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #20
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Has to be nerve racking! Awake each morning just wondering where she is. The look on your face when that container is off loaded and finally opened for your viewing!
Or the look in his face when the ship is in UK and the Container is still somewhere in the ocean.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:21 AM   #21
Gary H

Haha!
Funnily enough , I got an email from a company trying to sell me Marine insurance ( which I already have).
It started by saying " Do you know, 10,000 containers are lost at Sea every year..."

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Old 07-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #22
kburlar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Great looking car. Congrats that it is on its way. Very fun to read the progress as it makes its journey. Best of luck.
3.91 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac Posi, Billet Main Caps, Ported Throttle Body
1LE Suspension. ZL1 Springs, 2.9L Whipple Ssupercharger
kburlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:27 AM   #23
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Hello Gary
Congrats on your purchase. I remember seeing your post: Wanted ZL1 A10, when I was looking for one myself. Lol
I totally agree, it is a lot of nerve wrecking moments involved to finally have your dreamcar on the street over here. We even have to install a headlamp washer system to make it pass the inspection at the swiss dmv...
I found one in Atlanta while I was on vacation in the Caymans. Thursday June 6. we flew to Atlanta to look at it, bought it, and drove it down to Florida. Saturday I already had to catch the plane home to Switzerland. The car is still at the port in Miami, I had to wait weeks to get the title, and after I finally got it, the guy from the shipping company was on vacation, and didn't instruct his staff.
Last Friday they finally loaded the car in the container. Waiting for the vessel at the port in Miami now. I'm so anxious that the car will make it to Switzerland soon, and most important safely!

Last edited by swisstyphoon; 07-18-2019 at 04:00 AM.
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #24
Gary H

Awesome and congrats yourself!
So at least now, mine is heading the right way!
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2019, 11:55 AM   #25
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
keep posting. I like that.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #26
Gary H

LOL, thank you. Well it's now back where it started!
(Pic1)
Next stop Savannah tomorrow, then Norfolk, before it finally starts across the Pond. Worked out that including the 924 miles road transport, it will have travelled 9550 miles before it's finally in my Garage.

So apart from watching the Marine tracker almost hourly and ordering even more bits to stick on the Car as well my Garage, I've been learning Photoshop (pic2) and trying to boost my Instagram account
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #27
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Awesome and congrats yourself!
So at least now, mine is heading the right way!
Thanks :-) I wish I had my tracking yet. Can't wait! I'm pretty sure I will check it also hourly once I get it. Lol
Awesome picture Gary! What's your Instagram name?

Last edited by swisstyphoon; 07-19-2019 at 02:00 PM.
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #28
Gary H

Bottom of my Sig
zl1uk