Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 06-06-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
My First Camaro!

Drives: '18 5.7 RAM 1500 18' 1SS
JRE Tune

Shout out to Team Jannetty. Been running a JRE tune for a few weeks now and its so great its good. Really. Kinda odd but the car just drives better. In fact, it drives like you would expect out of the factory. Not just at WOT but hopping around town like a sane responsible driver the car has better manners. Not sure how else to describe it. If your looking for a tune Ted tunes is money well spent.

Also Team Jannetty worked with me to resolve some technical details on my end. I'm new to HP tuners but we still got the job done so +2 for customer service.

TY JRE!
Old 06-07-2019, 07:10 AM   #2
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Exact same experience!.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #3
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Ted is the man when it comes to remote tuning. he was the 4th person to tune my Camaro and by far the best tune I've had on the car yet.

He still answers questions for me. Now if I could muster putting a wideband on my truck I would have a reason to have him tune my truck next.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
2018ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 NFG
I bought all of my boltons from JRE and Ted did the tune! Highly impressed with how the car runs! Would highly recommend JRE!
2018ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by My First Camaro! View Post
Shout out to Team Jannetty. Been running a JRE tune for a few weeks now and its so great its good. Really. Kinda odd but the car just drives better. In fact, it drives like you would expect out of the factory. Not just at WOT but hopping around town like a sane responsible driver the car has better manners. Not sure how else to describe it. If your looking for a tune Ted tunes is money well spent.

Also Team Jannetty worked with me to resolve some technical details on my end. I'm new to HP tuners but we still got the job done so +2 for customer service.

TY JRE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Exact same experience!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Ted is the man when it comes to remote tuning. he was the 4th person to tune my Camaro and by far the best tune I've had on the car yet.

He still answers questions for me. Now if I could muster putting a wideband on my truck I would have a reason to have him tune my truck next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018ZL1 View Post
I bought all of my boltons from JRE and Ted did the tune! Highly impressed with how the car runs! Would highly recommend JRE!
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback It really Helps us with new customers choosing JRE..

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #6
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Ted and his entire team have been a real pleasure to work with from day one. Ted has done all of my tuning since I started a few years ago with a cai and flex fuel sensor. I have progressed well beyond my humble beginnings mod wise and Ted has been there for me all along, patiently walking me through how to tune using first an SCT X4 and now a HPTuners mpvi2. I highly recommend JRE, Ted's wealth of experience with this platform coupled with phenomenal customer service before and after the sale make JRE my go to source for parts and tuning.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:53 AM   #7
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
I posted this on another thread as well. I am new to the Camaro world, so any advise would be highly appreciated.

I bought my European 2018 SS A8 in the UK a couple of weeks ago. I don’t plan any mods for the time being, I am just considering a tune. What would be the benefits of doing just that in terms of hp and Tq? Is it worth it? Would a tune void warranty?

As a previous Mustang EcoBoost owner, I had a device (Accessport) which I used to datalog, export datalogs to my computer and emailed them to my tuner. Then he would send the updated tune back to me, I would transfer it to the Accesspot, which I would use to flash the tune to the car. This would happen 4-5 times until the final tune was flashed.

Is it a similar process with the HP tuners device? I am really interested, but first I need to know what the real benefits would be.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Hello Mak, Congrats on the 18 SS.

Unlike Turbo cars were we can turn up the boost via the tune the gains will not be similar.

GM did a great job on the tuning Best we have seen in history, but emissions compliance keeps a lock on things that we can free up.

Tuning is the first step in any modification path as we need access to the computer for every change.

HP and Torque increases come from the parts and tuning makes the parts work to there full potential.

For simple bolt on packages we do regularly you would install the parts flash our tune and enjoy, as we move in to fuel systems cams, superchargers etc then we need logs and a few revisions to nail it down.

Whether something is worth something to you is a personal choice we can't make for you.

Feel free to contact me directly via phone or email both in my signature.

Ted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
I posted this on another thread as well. I am new to the Camaro world, so any advise would be highly appreciated.

I bought my European 2018 SS A8 in the UK a couple of weeks ago. I don’t plan any mods for the time being, I am just considering a tune. What would be the benefits of doing just that in terms of hp and Tq? Is it worth it? Would a tune void warranty?

As a previous Mustang EcoBoost owner, I had a device (Accessport) which I used to datalog, export datalogs to my computer and emailed them to my tuner. Then he would send the updated tune back to me, I would transfer it to the Accesspot, which I would use to flash the tune to the car. This would happen 4-5 times until the final tune was flashed.

Is it a similar process with the HP tuners device? I am really interested, but first I need to know what the real benefits would be.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #9
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Thanks Ted. I will contact you by email. I got a couple of questions.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:50 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Thanks Ted. I will contact you by email. I got a couple of questions.
I look forward to it.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:38 PM   #11
F419sr1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Top notch customer service. They always seem to have time to talk to me and answer any of my questions. When tuning Ted took the time to explain what was wrong and why. Car runs great. Looking forward to round two. A cam to take better advantage of the whipple.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:58 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by F419sr1 View Post
Top notch customer service. They always seem to have time to talk to me and answer any of my questions. When tuning Ted took the time to explain what was wrong and why. Car runs great. Looking forward to round two. A cam to take better advantage of the whipple.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:54 PM   #13
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
The only gripe I have with Ted is every time I talk to him my bank account balance goes down. But then I drive my Camaro after Ted does his magic and all is good in the world again. Then I make the mistake and contact him again and the cycle repeats with bigger smiles after every round.

JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS View Post
The only gripe I have with Ted is every time I talk to him my bank account balance goes down. But then I drive my Camaro after Ted does his magic and all is good in the world again. Then I make the mistake and contact him again and the cycle repeats with bigger smiles after every round.