Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-10-2018, 11:32 PM   #1
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Corsa Xtreme 3 inch catback with Stainless Power 1 7/8 catted longtubes= perfection

So I just got my car back i the garage after getting my long tube headers installed. The car made 374 rwhp and 397 torque. Not alot more then my shorties and high flow cats. Where the longtubes change things is it holds power alot longer through the 5000 to 6500rpm range. The shorties would fall off at that point. The car sounds wicked. I read about people saying this combo was raspy. But Im glad I didn't listen....it sounds amazing. Even the techs working in the shop said there is no better sound then the Corsa Xtreme and longtubes. This as the were buttoning up a 2016 Corvette with the same set up as mine. The weather was threatening snow so I don't have a vid yet. And the 305 35 20 Nitto 555r drag radials worked fine in the 3 degrees above zero road trip. Im very happy with the way the cars setup.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #2
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
lets hear it!!!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
lets hear it!!!
I have a vid from the dyno run.....but its so loud it just blows the mic in my phone out. Ill get a better vid soon.

https://youtu.be/7gvtX17-5OA
Old 04-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #4
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
good numbers and you gotta get a sound clip outside!

i'm so glad you posted this because i found a corsa extreme local to me and i'm so tempted to buy it. currently running long tubes, catless, magnaflow resonated x pipe and no mufflers after.

is the corsa super loud? didn't seem to be until he got on it
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #5
KansasSS

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS Non RS L99 Auto
Sounds like music to my ears!I'm basically wondering how mine would sound then compared to yours. I'm thinking of going with Corsa Extreme also but I have 2in Stainlessworks instead of 1 7/8 on a tuned L99.
KansasSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #6
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasSS View Post
Sounds like music to my ears!I'm basically wondering how mine would sound then compared to yours. I'm thinking of going with Corsa Extreme also but I have 2in Stainlessworks instead of 1 7/8 on a tuned L99.
After all i have read and listened to regarding g exhaust on Camaro 5......this is the best sounding exhaust ive ever heard on the internet or in person. Its loud but not annoying loud....it sounds great in the car. Cruising up the highway its hardly noticeable. But if you get on it the car just comes alive.....great tone....refined and precise. And the sound of it on the downshift is fantastic. You will love your setup if you decide to get the xtreme.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:08 PM   #7
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post

i'm so glad you posted this because i found a corsa extreme local to me and i'm so tempted to buy it. currently running long tubes, catless, magnaflow resonated x pipe and no mufflers after.

Your right.....its quit tame...until you get on it. But even then the Corsa just sings....very refined sound that you would never tire of. ...if it was me i would do the deal for the Corsa.It sounds way better then a muffler delete

Last edited by rontammy0; 04-16-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #8
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post

Did you do the deal on the Corsa.?