Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Free Onstar?

I got this email today, saying that I will get 3 years on Onstar for Free. Anyone else get this?
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:39 AM   #2
lawrencecar

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
i did,, just bought used 2014 a couple weeks ago. I activated yesterday. No catches. Very cool. If you download the my chevrolet app you get all kinds of info, lock and unlock etc.
lawrencecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:49 AM   #3
BigMacLA

Drives: 2012 2ss
WTF? I want it too!
BigMacLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:30 AM   #4
dugoodle

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
I got this email today, saying that I will get 3 years on Onstar for Free. Anyone else get this?
Yeah I just activated it even though I'll probably never use it. I just bought my Camaro a couple weeks ago. Premium features are only trial for 3 months, standard is for 3 years.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
dugoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:40 AM   #5
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Bought mine a year ago and had the 3 month trial, but that was it. I just tried to register online to see if I can get the three years basic... When I go out to my car, I'll push the blue button and see if they'll hook me up.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:42 AM   #6
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
I liked it when I had it, but didnt use it much. The phone plan that had wasn't too bad, what was nice when I didnt get cell phone signal it worked great.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #7
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
If they give you the free hardly useful edition they feel it gives them the right to spam and junk mail you to death for the pay version - don't do it.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:35 PM   #8
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
It's on their website at this link: https://www.onstar.com/us/en/get-onstar/pre-owned.html

Quote:
Activate OnStar in your pre-owned vehicle and get 3 Months On Us and 3 Years of Basic for Eligible Vehicles31
Quote:
31 OnStar-equipped, inactive 2011 or newer vehicles are eligible for a three-month trial of the Guidance Plan (excluding Hands-Free Calling minutes) plus three years of the Basic Plan upon OnStar service reactivation. One offer per vehicle; cannot be combined with other offers. Capabilities vary by model. Subject to OnStar User Terms and Privacy Statement. Offer valid through 12/1/17. Basic Plan does not include Emergency, Security or Navigation services; these and other services require a paid plan. See OnStar User Terms and Privacy Statement for more details.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:55 PM   #9
ryan's camaro
Taeng

Drives: Fast
I got a postcard in the mail with the same free 3 year offer (I have a 2012 Camaro). I activated it by clicking the OnStar button in the rearview mirror. They gave me the free service for 3 years and also threw in 3 months of complimentary premium service (navigation, emergency roadside assistance). No hassle from the representative and I haven't been spammed with anything (just don't give them your credit card info). I've been using the OnStar app ever since (remote key fob and diagnostics).
Old 03-30-2017, 01:40 AM   #10
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
I liked it when I had it, but didnt use it much. The phone plan that had wasn't too bad, what was nice when I didnt get cell phone signal it worked great.
I have the security plan and had the prepaid phone plan (but never used the phone plan cause my cell was never out of service, they increased the phone plan charge and I never upgrade it)...Now what I like about the security plan is that you can add the link to your smart phone and find out any info on the vehicle that you want/need...It even pinpoints the vehicle location in real time, this was great when my car was in the body shop for repair...And it gives you basic diagnostic info as well...The rest of that shit they can keep especially the navigation the price for it is ridiculous so I may be one of the few members riding around in a bad ass car with a GPS stuck on the windshield, plus my phone has a navigation app...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:42 AM   #11
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Bought mine a year ago and had the 3 month trial, but that was it. I just tried to register online to see if I can get the three years basic... When I go out to my car, I'll push the blue button and see if they'll hook me up.
So as i said, I purchased my '14 a year ago and already received the initial 3 month trial that expired. I spoke to an Onstar rep yesterday and got set up again with a free 5 months (2 additional because they "care about my safety") of premium service(Protection, Security, Guidance). Once those 5 months expire and I choose not to continue for $33 a month, I can cancel premium service and have 3 years of basic service (Vehicle Manager) for free.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:18 AM   #12
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Gave up my premium plan a few months ago and they gave me the free plan for 3 years. The free service only provides the monthly vehicle status reports and the ability to use the free phone app remote features, which besides the navigations services was all I ever used. I now use my Garmin with free updates (maps) for life for navigation when traveling to new locations.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:17 AM   #13
lawrencecar

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan's camaro View Post
I got a postcard in the mail with the same free 3 year offer (I have a 2012 Camaro). I activated it by clicking the OnStar button in the rearview mirror. They gave me the free service for 3 years and also threw in 3 months of complimentary premium service (navigation, emergency roadside assistance). No hassle from the representative and I haven't been spammed with anything (just don't give them your credit card info). I've been using the OnStar app ever since (remote key fob and diagnostics).
+1
lawrencecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #14
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Gave up my premium plan a few months ago and they gave me the free plan for 3 years. The free service only provides the monthly vehicle status reports and the ability to use the free phone app remote features, which besides the navigations services was all I ever used. I now use my Garmin with free updates (maps) for life for navigation when traveling to new locations.
The app is great. I love the remote start, and lock/unlock features. I also like the fact I can view my range, gallons left, mpg, oil life, and tire pressure!