Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2022, 01:13 AM   #1
pimenteljoe
 
pimenteljoe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1LT Red
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: MB
Posts: 6
2016 Camaro 1LT Radio

hey guys, not sure if there is any info on here, but figured I would see and ask.
so my question is this, I have a 7-inch Mylink system, non-bose, and also the amp is not in the trunk.

so here is my question, I want to find the remote wire on the factory radio to use on my Hertz H8 DSP. now this unit needs a Remote IN and I already know what every other wire is on the Hertz h8 DSP.

please help out and inform me as I wanna keep the factory head unit.

i also know that there is not one company that really makes an after-market harness for my type of car and year.
pimenteljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:03 AM   #2
Msquared

 
Msquared's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 1,160
I don't think you're going to find a "Remote" turn-on signal from the factory radio module. That really applies to aftermarket head units that have line level speaker outputs and a separate turn-on signal output on a blue wire. Most modern interfaces have a way to sense music signal on a speaker-level from a factory module, and briefly scanning the instructions for your Hertz, in section 5.3 it says you can turn it on:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertz
Through the MASTER (INPUT FL) input. The AUTO TURN ON (ART) function is enabled by connecting an amplified head unit output to the INPUT FL input channel.
I would think that's what you need to do, using the speaker-level output of the factory radio unit (the one on the right side of the glove box).
__________________
Matt Miller
2020 SS 1LE
Msquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 03:44 PM   #3
KirkH


 
Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: KY
Posts: 2,922
There are threads on here showing how to get into the unit to the right of the glove box. I did a DIY on my 2016 1LT with pictures. Search threads started by me.
__________________
Official Detailer of CamaroFest 8 & 9, Examples of my detailing work: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=521655&page=3
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=547470&page=2
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527474
No one on Earth has detailed more Camaros.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 01:18 AM   #4
pimenteljoe
 
pimenteljoe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1LT Red
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: MB
Posts: 6
thanks very helpful, I did however notice that as well. but was hoping maybe other people have other ideas

I did, however, ran 2 sets of wires to each of the speakers, this was done to install all newer speakers for this install.
there are 2 amps and the DSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I don't think you're going to find a "Remote" turn-on signal from the factory radio module. That really applies to aftermarket head units that have line level speaker outputs and a separate turn-on signal output on a blue wire. Most modern interfaces have a way to sense music signal on a speaker-level from a factory module, and briefly scanning the instructions for your Hertz, in section 5.3 it says you can turn it on:

I would think that's what you need to do, using the speaker-level output of the factory radio unit (the one on the right side of the glove box).
pimenteljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 01:20 AM   #5
pimenteljoe
 
pimenteljoe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1LT Red
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: MB
Posts: 6
thanks but i cant seem to find any of your posts with the pictures of your DIY


Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
There are threads on here showing how to get into the unit to the right of the glove box. I did a DIY on my 2016 1LT with pictures. Search threads started by me.
pimenteljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:14 AM   #6
Msquared

 
Msquared's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 1,160
I've attached the pages from the Factory Service Manual showing every terminal on every connector to the factory radio module. I don't think you're going to find the turn-on signal you're looking for, but look at over and see. I think your DSP unit is intended to sense incoming speaker-level signals and turn on automatically when the radio unit starts sending signals over its audio outputs.

I also attached the FSM instructions for accessing the radio module. It's really not hard, but you have to work underneath the passenger-side dash. On my 2020, I did not even have to drop the module out to get to the connectors I needed, but YMMV depending on what you want to do (and your 2016 will have different style connectors than mine).
Attached Images
File Type: pdf A11 Radio Terminals.pdf (368.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: pdf Access Stereo in 1SS 1LE - Step 1.pdf (118.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: pdf Access Stereo in 1SS 1LE - Step 2.pdf (99.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: pdf Access Stereo in 1SS 1LE - Step 3.pdf (88.7 KB, 38 views)
__________________
Matt Miller
2020 SS 1LE
Msquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 10:14 AM   #7
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer
 
keep_hope_alive's Avatar
 
Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Illinois
Posts: 465
From the A11 document, you can see that pages 10 and 11 have harness X2 in which Pin 3 is "Radio On Signal". You'll need to take a probe to that pin to see what it does and if it acts like a useful remote signal. Be sure to put a 0.5A fuse on that wire if you tap it and run it back to the DSP. I wouldn't add amp turn-on signals to it without an isolating relay with diode protection.
__________________
2023 1SS A10 Black NPP/C2U/H72
Historically an Accord and Camry owner with self-performed maintenance/repair.
Electrical Engineer and Acoustics Engineer.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . .2000: 6/25/22
3000: 6/29/22 . . . . . .TPW : 8/15/22
3800: 8/16/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22
ETA : 9/13/22. . . . . . .5000: 9/8/22
6000: 9/10/22
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 07:29 PM   #8
KirkH


 
Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: KY
Posts: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenteljoe View Post
thanks but i cant seem to find any of your posts with the pictures of your DIY



https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547568
__________________
Official Detailer of CamaroFest 8 & 9, Examples of my detailing work: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=521655&page=3
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=547470&page=2
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527474
No one on Earth has detailed more Camaros.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:14 PM   #9
pimenteljoe
 
pimenteljoe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1LT Red
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: MB
Posts: 6
Thank you so much, this was very helpful, now the DSP Iím installing and wanting to use is, Hertz H8DSP.

If you have a moment please have a look at the manual and help me with a pointer please.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I've attached the pages from the Factory Service Manual showing every terminal on every connector to the factory radio module. I don't think you're going to find the turn-on signal you're looking for, but look at over and see. I think your DSP unit is intended to sense incoming speaker-level signals and turn on automatically when the radio unit starts sending signals over its audio outputs.

I also attached the FSM instructions for accessing the radio module. It's really not hard, but you have to work underneath the passenger-side dash. On my 2020, I did not even have to drop the module out to get to the connectors I needed, but YMMV depending on what you want to do (and your 2016 will have different style connectors than mine).
pimenteljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:15 PM   #10
pimenteljoe
 
pimenteljoe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1LT Red
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: MB
Posts: 6
Thank this is awesome, good to know where it is. In my 2016 LT1


Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
pimenteljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:38 PM   #11
Msquared

 
Msquared's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenteljoe View Post
Thank you so much, this was very helpful, now the DSP Iím installing and wanting to use is, Hertz H8DSP.

If you have a moment please have a look at the manual and help me with a pointer please.
Go back and re-read Post #2: that's exactly what I did there.
__________________
Matt Miller
2020 SS 1LE
Msquared is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.