Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 12-27-2022, 09:07 AM   #29
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
None of the tires are cracking. Where the hell did you hear that? Sure they are roller skates when it gets cold, but cracking? Seriously man fact check yourself.
I like this. This guy thinks everyone is a fool for posting about the tires and then when someone posts my pictures of cracked tires, he disappears.

Sucks when it's pointed out that you don't know what you're talking about when you were so high up on that soap box, doesn't it?

Yes, this was a ZLE that I ordered and sold that was delivered to us in Texas in February. It was loaded up and strapped down in Lansing when temps were in the single digits and this was the result.
Attached Images

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 09:40 AM   #30
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I like this. This guy thinks everyone is a fool for posting about the tires and then when someone posts my pictures of cracked tires, he disappears.

Sucks when it's pointed out that you don't know what you're talking about when you were so high up on that soap box, doesn't it?

Yes, this was a ZLE that I ordered and sold that was delivered to us in Texas in February. It was loaded up and strapped down in Lansing when temps were in the single digits and this was the result.
Tires are like produce,they need a required temp range to survive,established by engineers,required by lawyers. Anyone remember those gen 5 Z's that sat on lots for months that had to have the Trofeo's replaced before delivery from dry rot?
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 10:02 AM   #31
Newcastle

Drives: 2022 2 SS 1LE on order ....now a 23
I imagine this is why my 2SS 1LE is delayed. It was built 11/17 and sitting ever since.
Newcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #32
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddivinia View Post
At least they keep making them. Ford stops production of the Shelby’s and Mach 1 etc that have the cup 2 tires etc that may crack in cold weather.

D.

I love these tires
Old 12-27-2022, 10:17 PM   #33
RedHotandblue

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
Took delivery of my 2022 ZL1/1LE in December of 2021 in Minneapolis Mn. Car had 2.5 mi on odometer. Shipping had been delayed in Michigan. Don’t no where the 2.5miles originated but came of truck that way. In new car prep all 4 tires had multiple cracks. GM stuck dealer with replacement cost. Car currently in my pole barn on jacks and tires are in my basement. You don’t really have a choice about winter delivery and tires could be cracked even if delivered to warmer locations. So look those Goodyears over closely and scream like hell if they’re cracked!
RedHotandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 10:26 PM   #34
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotandblue View Post
Took delivery of my 2022 ZL1/1LE in December of 2021 in Minneapolis Mn. Car had 2.5 mi on odometer. Shipping had been delayed in Michigan. Don’t no where the 2.5miles originated but came of truck that way. In new car prep all 4 tires had multiple cracks. GM stuck dealer with replacement cost. Car currently in my pole barn on jacks and tires are in my basement. You don’t really have a choice about winter delivery and tires could be cracked even if delivered to warmer locations. So look those Goodyears over closely and scream like hell if they’re cracked!
I promise you the dealer didn't get stuck with the cost.

And 2.5 is pretty low. They drive out of the factory to the lot and then to put on the train. Then unload and drive to put on a truck for delivery.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:45 PM   #35
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:

Funny you should say this but personally I have driven my 18 ZL1 1LE through two chicago winters along with a previous C7z with the cup 2 tires as well. Never in snow, but down into the teens for temps. NEVER EVER had a problem. Properly inflated, they are perfectly fine. I put close to 20k on the 1LE Z before it was traded. So you were saying?

mlee, there you go. Im back to post my actual experience, that I assure you nobody will take or care about, vs all the copy pasta from various sites and hear-say that gets dug up to prove points. Typical forum behavior.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:10 AM   #36
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I promise you the dealer didn't get stuck with the cost.

And 2.5 is pretty low. They drive out of the factory to the lot and then to put on the train. Then unload and drive to put on a truck for delivery.
They can also be loaded on and off of trucks multiple times if they're moving vehicles around to the various storage lots around LGR. Typically 1LEs get loaded from the factory to where they do the hood wraps and then back to the rail yard or storage lot while waiting on shipping.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:11 AM   #37
GearheadSS

Quote:
Funny you should say this but personally I have driven my 18 ZL1 1LE through two chicago winters along with a previous C7z with the cup 2 tires as well. Never in snow, but down into the teens for temps. NEVER EVER had a problem. Properly inflated, they are perfectly fine. I put close to 20k on the 1LE Z before it was traded. So you were saying?

mlee, there you go. Im back to post my actual experience, that I assure you nobody will take or care about, vs all the copy pasta from various sites and hear-say that gets dug up to prove points. Typical forum behavior.
I say you were lucky then. What say you about the picture evidence that I posted here? You think I just photoshopped or copy and pasted that shit?
Old 12-28-2022, 08:29 AM   #38
Newcastle

Drives: 2022 2 SS 1LE on order ....now a 23
If yall dont know GearheadSS is a car salesman that is very knowledable about this stuff. If he posts it you can take it to the bank.
Newcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 10:37 AM   #39
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
I say you were lucky then. What say you about the picture evidence that I posted here? You think I just photoshopped or copy and pasted that shit?
I say they were over inflated and the car sat in cold for an extended period of time. Sure I've seen my stacker trailer tires crack as well sitting in winter after being frozen for a month. Should I call all those tires unusable in winter anywhere?

Like I said, glossed over my actual experience and right to your "evidence". Either way I dont worry about this anymore, living in Florida...LOL

Old 12-28-2022, 12:23 PM   #40
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:

Did you run Cup2s on your ZL1 1LE or the 3Rs?
Old 12-28-2022, 02:25 PM   #41
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Did you run Cup2s on your ZL1 1LE or the 3Rs?
3Rs. The C7z had the cup2s. Those were basically track slicks as well. And I had Supercars on my 09 Shelby I had way back and drove that actually in snow a few times when I got caught out in it.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:43 PM   #42
GearheadSS

Quote:
I say they were over inflated and the car sat in cold for an extended period of time. Sure I've seen my stacker trailer tires crack as well sitting in winter after being frozen for a month. Should I call all those tires unusable in winter anywhere?

Like I said, glossed over my actual experience and right to your "evidence". Either way I dont worry about this anymore, living in Florida...LOL

Except that your personal experience doesn't matter at all in relation to the original OP's question. Someone replied back about the tires cracking and that being the reason they might not ship during winter and you proceeded to tell everyone how ludicrous that notion was.

So, my example applies more to this than your personal experience since it was an actual new ZL1 1LE was in Lansing and shipped at this time of year. You're really making yourself look like an ass here.