Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 09-29-2017, 10:16 PM   #43
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Why sport mode? Track mode with traction control off will be much quicker. In sport the car is applying brake and cutting engine power every time the rear wheels slip so you are giving up alot of acceleration. Push and release the traction control once to deactivate traction control but still leave stabilitrac on which will use light braking to keep the car pointed in the correct direction but will not reduce engine power. You have an automatic. Those of us with a manual need to be sure Active Rev Match is on so when we downshift to start a pull the engine RPM is raised to the correct level for the gear selected. This should be done on a track, not on a public roadway. Please be safe and have fun.

Last edited by JeffFox; 09-29-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: A8 vs M6
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:12 PM   #44
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFox View Post
Why sport mode? Track mode with traction control off will be much quicker. In sport the car is applying brake and cutting engine power every time the rear wheels slip so you are giving up alot of acceleration. Push and release the traction control once to deactivate traction control but still leave stabilitrac on which will use light braking to keep the car pointed in the correct direction but will not reduce engine power. You have an automatic. Those of us with a manual need to be sure Active Rev Match is on so when we downshift to start a pull the engine RPM is raised to the correct level for the gear selected. This should be done on a track, not on a public roadway. Please be safe and have fun.
Stabilitrack Competitive Mode is available in Sport and Track modes. There is no difference as far as traction/torque management in those modes with Comp mode engaged. The difference would be throttle response and supposedly shift behavior for the autos. Though I've never seen a real difference between the two in terms of trans behavior. Quite of a few of the fastest A8 times on the forum have been in Sport mode. M6 guys might like the better response in Track mode, but doesn't seem to make a difference with mine. I know personally I've managed no differences in 0-60 switching between the two.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:02 PM   #45
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLNHYD View Post
So you drive over 5 hrs from Houston, to the nearest point of entry to Mexico, to get whipped by dodges and 5.0's??
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah holy shit this is killing me.